Sponsored

Interested in a Rapid Red GT500 w/ Black Stripes for $2K ADM?

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
Backing out of GT500 order that was +2K over MSRP. Have VIN and scheduled to be built on 4/20. PM me if interested.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It might help to know the specs on your order...

SuperSnake427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2001 Mustang, 1967 Mustang Fastback, 1966 Shelby Cobra
Where is she going to be delivered?

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The whole car market is about to get a rude awakening (actually it already has). Anyone paying ADM right now is just throwing money away.

One of my friends just got a call from a Chevy dealer. He was looking at potentially a 2021 C8 but 29 people in front of him have dropped out this week. 29. On one of the hottest cars out there. He is ordering his, but even he paused when he realized so many people were bailing.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The car market has been tanking for a while now, and this new virus thing won't help at all.

I'm going to go look at a '19 GT350 in Kona this weekend to see if that's the color for me on my later-this-year GT500, have to lay eyes on it in person. Who knows, if they're truly desperate I might come home with it instead since it's got the right options.

Really want the 500 though....

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The whole car market is about to get a rude awakening (actually it already has). Anyone paying ADM right now is just throwing money away.

One of my friends just got a call from a Chevy dealer. He was looking at potentially a 2021 C8 but 29 people in front of him have dropped out this week. 29. On one of the hottest cars out there. He is ordering his, but even he paused when he realized so many people were bailing.
The car market has been tanking for a while now, and this new virus thing won't help at all.

I'm going to go look at a '19 GT350 in Kona this weekend to see if that's the color for me on my later-this-year GT500, have to lay eyes on it in person. Who knows, if they're truly desperate I might come home with it instead since it's got the right options.

Unfortunately our little sandbox just got upended. Only those with FU money, or the rare businesses that will be busy and paid during this, will be buying cars.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

I got a call from Jones Ford, in North Charleston, SC, last week, wanting to know if I would be interested in trading in my 2016 GT, as it was a "desirable vehicle" that they'd like to acquire. My car is almost paid off, but sure, let's talk. So I tell the guy that the only move that I'd make would be to trade my GT in on the 2019 GT350 that was sitting in the showroom with $10k ADM. So, he asks what he'd need to do to get me into the showroom to talk numbers, and I told him that I'd want at least $26k for mine and I'd want an invoice deal (MSRP for the GT350 is $65,400) or better. He said they couldn't go below $5k on ADM. I told him that he was going to have a hard time selling that GT350 with ADM, when there are MSRP deals to be had all around the country (even on Rs, from what I've seen), and that not only has the GT350 been sitting there for like 8 months, but there's a GT500 sitting right next to it, for which they're asking $20k ADM.

He was not amused.

JR

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
@jacknifetoaswan, LOL, the '19 I'm going to see is $3200 under list at the moment, and by the sticker blend date they've been sitting on it since last fall so you know there's more room to move. I've seen another Oxford White car in other local listings priced around $7-8K (don't recall the exact figure) under sticker also.

Jones Ford needs to wake up, I'd say.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
In reality, what you were asking for wasn’t off the mark by much. Your starting point was really reasonable where so many come up with ridiculous demands. His sales manager should have worked with you.
I got a call from Jones Ford, in North Charleston, SC, last week, wanting to know if I would be interested in trading in my 2016 GT, as it was a "desirable vehicle" that they'd like to acquire. My car is almost paid off, but sure, let's talk. So I tell the guy that the only move that I'd make would be to trade my GT in on the 2019 GT350 that was sitting in the showroom with $10k ADM. So, he asks what he'd need to do to get me into the showroom to talk numbers, and I told him that I'd want at least $26k for mine and I'd want an invoice deal (MSRP for the GT350 is $65,400) or better. He said they couldn't go below $5k on ADM. I told him that he was going to have a hard time selling that GT350 with ADM, when there are MSRP deals to be had all around the country (even on Rs, from what I've seen), and that not only has the GT350 been sitting there for like 8 months, but there's a GT500 sitting right next to it, for which they're asking $20k ADM.

He was not amused.

JR

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5

He was not amused.

JR
Ford dealer in Myrtle Beach just sold a GT350R to a guy I know for about 5k under MSRP.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I feel this needs to be said...

We should all be hunkering down and staying out of public places if we want to be able to buy more cars or even be able to buy anything in the next decade.

This is ultra serious, everyone and I hope that all Americans heed the new tempo rules because the alternative is too ugly to even think about.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I feel this needs to be said...

We should all be hunkering down and staying out of public places if we want to be able to buy more cars or even be able to buy anything in the next decade.

This is ultra serious, everyone and I hope that all Americans heed the new tempo rules because the alternative is too ugly to even think about.
Many are, many are not. I was watching the news and they were interviewing a bunch of spring breakers. The kids are all upset that bars and restaurants are closing and they have to exercise social distancing. They also feel that they shouldn't have to because apparently the virus doesn't effect them as bad.

I was horrified.

Seeing it first hand where I live, I believe it. People in large groups all hanging out on the beach....

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
What lousy timing for Spring Break, huh, Tom? <sighing>

Those gatherings in your state and mine as well as other popular locations, could wind up bringing everything down. God I hope not.
Sponsored