turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
3”in/out and 4” overall won’t do much muffling. Might barely take the gawd awful open header tractor rasp off if you get really long ones.
You're likely right. I guess what would minimally help is at least exiting the exhaust further back than under my feet. I'm going to do some local street driving tmrw since I took work off. The car isn't aligned, I'm running on winter grade pump e85, I have the factory tires on the car (which for sure turn it into a crowd eater under boost), the ground is still cold, and I'm flat out afraid to drive it hard still - so.. stay tuned?
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You're likely right. I guess what would minimally help is at least exiting the exhaust further back than under my feet. I'm going to do some local street driving tmrw since I took work off. The car isn't aligned, I'm running on winter grade pump e85, I have the factory tires on the car (which for sure turn it into a crowd eater under boost), the ground is still cold, and I'm flat out afraid to drive it hard still - so.. stay tuned?
IMO it’s worth the extra weight to have it sounding good. Good luck staying out of the slippy pedal tomorrow!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Alright, so today has gone very well.

First a quick front wheel alignment:

alignment.jpg
alignment2.jpg
alignment1.jpg

Then I got a spare co2 tank filled so that I have two.

Then I went on an hour, 50 mile drive in the country. Nothing beats using cruise control on your open header drag car!

cruising.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
On Saturday the wife and I added our first Ford truck to the stable. Excited to have a truck back in the fleet, already put it to use today hauling a bed full of cardboard to recycling.

CPO 2018 XLT Magnetic with the 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo and max trailering package. This will tow the Mustang wherever we want to go safer than the Grand Cherokee will. It's a tight garage...

eff-juanfiddy.jpg

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
On Saturday the wife and I added our first Ford truck to the stable. Excited to have a truck back in the fleet, already put it to use today hauling a bed full of cardboard to recycling.

CPO 2018 XLT Magnetic with the 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo and max trailering package. This will tow the Mustang wherever we want to go safer than the Grand Cherokee will. It's a tight garage...

eff-juanfiddy.jpg
Got me one too! For the same reason!
DFD0D5F2-B0C6-4048-A777-FF5849E261C5.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Got me one too! For the same reason!
DFD0D5F2-B0C6-4048-A777-FF5849E261C5.png
Which grill does your truck have? I love that battleship color, too. I've been researching tow mirrors and since the ambient temp sensor is in the mirror, it's a huge PITA and expensive.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Which grill does your truck have? I love that battleship color, too. I've been researching tow mirrors and since the ambient temp sensor is in the mirror, it's a huge PITA and expensive.
Thanks. The grill is identical to yours and for some reason, is magnetic. I’ve purchased an OE black one and aftermarket mesh upper & lower. I haven’t installed them yet. The stock mirrors work fine for me with the car on the trailer

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Cold start from over the weekend:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Starting the exhaust:

customexhaust.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
v8 juice

racefuel.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Sent an order in to Beefcake for adjustable rear camber arms, really didn't want the potential slop of adjustables, but here we go..

Will have the delrin, fixed arms for sale soon - which I dearly love with no slop.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Sent an order in to Beefcake for adjustable rear camber arms, really didn't want the potential slop of adjustables, but here we go..

Will have the delrin, fixed arms for sale soon - which I dearly love with no slop.
I’m running the Steeda adjustables. No slop and the only way I could get 0 camber

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I’m running the Steeda adjustables. No slop and the only way I could get 0 camber
I'm sure it'll be fine. But fixed arms with delrin will be tighter than anything. The adjustables have urethane bushings which will be ok, but not as great. I'm sure it'll launch fine.

Should have the exhaust done by this time next week. Then I'll drop in some e85r and put on the drag wheels and tires to start tuning pulls. Also want to test the chute on the street :flag:
Sponsored