GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The more I think about this, the more it’s flat out FRAUD. They’re ripping Ford off, and I’m getting ripped off by having to put up with a noise I shouldn’t be putting up with.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The more I think about this, the more it’s flat out FRAUD. They’re ripping Ford off, and I’m getting ripped off by having to put up with a noise I shouldn’t be putting up with.
Nor should you put up with it. Get ur hard earned cash back, goto a different dealership!

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
It's so disappointing to read this because about 3 months ago, the same thing happened to me when I was in the middle of creating a buy-back case for my 18' Mustang GT. I took my car to my local dealer to have an extremely terrible rattle noise checked out along with have my 10 speed which was stalling checked out and I'm sure you can guess what happened..

I dropped the car off, got a call back a few hours later and was told that my car was "Checked out by multiple technicians, it was scanned to see if any codes were showing up, and it was test driven but no issue was found." I then picked up the car, pulled over by the dealer only to check my BlackVue dashcams and see that right when I dropped the car off originally, they took my car to their roof parking for 4 hours, and did not touch it until 4 hours later when they brought it down for me to pick up.

I used this evidence for my lemon/buy-back and it sort of helped me win the case. As much as I love Ford, they will never, ever have even the slight most decent service or customer service departments.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If at all possible, I try to wait while the vehicle is being serviced; I've had weird things happen while my cars were at a dealership, like going to lunch and finding my car parked in front of the very same restaurant. Needless to say, that dealer had a lot to explain, since I used my second key and drove away with my car from that restaurant.

OP, I can understand how you feel, but the bottom line is what do you think will get done about the situation? I may have missed where you named the dealership but I'm guessing that the situation is/was not so bad that you want others to not use them.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
So I brought my car in to have a noise checked out. They kept it overnight, parked it, then they took a test drive, parked it again, then the next time it moved, was to bring it back to me. They actually said they brought it into a bay, put it on a lift (this is all itemized on the receipt too), checked a bunch of things (I’m intentionally not being specific), and found nothing wrong, but the noise was “in spec”. I come home, check my dash cam, and it was all bullshit! It never even went in a bay!

Contemplating what to do. Not sure if I should go to the dealership manager, straight to Ford, or one of those consumer reporters from own of our big networks here in Atlanta. What a snow job, I wonder how many others...
If it was me, I would bring them hell and high water. I would send the tapes to the largest news media outlet around, then go to ford corporate report them and then go to the dealership's owner and have a nice long talk with him, the service manager as well as every tech that touched my car. They would think a few times before messing with your car again.

Sponsored

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
So I brought my car in to have a noise checked out. They kept it overnight, parked it, then they took a test drive, parked it again, then the next time it moved, was to bring it back to me. They actually said they brought it into a bay, put it on a lift (this is all itemized on the receipt too), checked a bunch of things (I’m intentionally not being specific), and found nothing wrong, but the noise was “in spec”. I come home, check my dash cam, and it was all bullshit! It never even went in a bay!

Contemplating what to do. Not sure if I should go to the dealership manager, straight to Ford, or one of those consumer reporters from own of our big networks here in Atlanta. What a snow job, I wonder how many others...
If you went to the one actually in Woodstock, check out the BBB complaints for the other one they own. I'll keep the name out in case its a different company, but if its the same one, you'll prob find my sales complaint from August interesting.

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
my advisor, who I’m cool with, told me if I had any dash cam of some sort Id be required to make sure it was disconnected before leaving it.
Did he say why?
In context, it's clearly because he doesn't want his shop to get caught joyriding a customer's car. I'd guess he gave you some BS about employee privacy.

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
then they took a test drive, parked it again, then the next time it moved, was to bring it back to me.
Is it possible they disconnected your dash cam at any time?
How will you respond when the dealer says that's what happened?
How will you respond when the dealer refuses to look at your video?

Sponsored

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
I think by just telling them what you recorded they will bend over backwards.
If it's the dealer owned by the same people I think it is, they won't. Caught their other dealer in no less than 9 blatant lies, and rather than try to fix it, they lost my business and we're not allowed to speak to each other without attorneys present.

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible they disconnected your dash cam at any time?
How will you respond when the dealer says that's what happened?
How will you respond when the dealer refuses to look at your video?
1. No because the cam has an internal battery that operates for a length of time without a power source.
2. N.A.
3. I don’t really care. At the end of the day, they didn’t damage anything other than the relationship. If they become hostile, I’ll just go right to Ford Corporate. I’ll send an overnight right to Jim Hackett.

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So get this, I got a call from some sort of Customer Service Manager asking about my visit.

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be curious as well. I've recently had an issue with an Atlanta area dealer lying to me as well.
Until this shakes its way through, I don’t want to publicly name the dealer. Let’s see how they try and make it right.