Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs Redeye Drag Racing StangMode vs Mod2fame

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Dear VooDoo.

D2AFD4FF-27A3-49F2-B39C-1E254CA0DD8F.jpeg

Cheers.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Like everything you just said is either wrong or misleading.

1. I’m 0 for 222 posts, really? A few posts ago you said 0 for 22 my how we do exaggerate.

2. When did I say weather does not effect times? Of course these times were in great air, thing is stangmode has been running at Atco in plenty good air, with a res delete a tire and the seats pulled he has gone 10,5 A redeye at the same track has gone 10.22 with no res delete, no seats pulled, just a tire. How is the gt500 faster again? If you need mod to fame driving, a lowered car, and a 262 rear diff to win, not to mention the mods on the gt500 then I think you should think twice about talking trash.

3. How will a stock power redeye overcome a 5 mph gap? Dude get out on some other forums, stock power redeyes are going 135+ really, don’t take my word go read a little.

4. Redeye is the loser in the mod war? Nope. Fastest redeye on stock boost is 9.4 that’s right no pulleys, no nos, just a tune, fuel and injectors. 9.4 O yeah what does a gt500 need to run 9.4?

5. Stangmode has not beaten every Dodge he has raced, demonology destroyed him and some redeyes at Acto have as well. Stangmode is a good driver and has beaten plenty of mopars. No one thinks he beats everything.

So I guess that makes you 0 for 5 or is it 0 for 222 I can’t remember.

Cheers.
Explain how 2 stock redeyes.will.have 7 mph difference at the same day, at the same track lololol

I cant wait to hear this

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explain how 2 stock redeyes.will.have 7 mph difference at the same day, at the same track lololol

I cant wait to hear this
Please get your facts straight before you post. Fastest mph redeye run that day was 129.75, fastest gt500 mph was 135.05. Do the math that’s 5.3 mph not 7, I don’t understand how you could be this biased. Redeye has 262 gears, the factory optioned 309 would probably have been 2 or 3 mph faster, add in a bad 60ft, a driver without much time in the car, a lowered car, plus seats pulled on the gt500 and you have 5 mph or so. I fully agree that the gt500 will have the faster mph most of the time, the DCT helps with that, I think we may see a 137 or 138 mph on a stock power gt500 some day. However as you know mph does not win a drag race. ET is the most important thing in the 1/4 mile and the redeye has the win on stock power ET.

I’m of to church now so I won’t be able to read your response till this afternoon, take your time and be fair.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
You should get out more, plenty of redeyes on stock power are running low 10s. One went 10.02 the other day and 10.04 at 138, only mods were skinnies and drag radials and mid muffler delete. Full weight car with the factory option rear seat delete. A car with a drag radial and the seats pulled has gone 10.10 and a full weight car on just a tire has gone 10.22. Cars with a lot of
Again I have yet to see a stock RedEye out run a stock GT500.....All this tire and wheel stuff are mods and we have seen FACTORY GT500's run in the 10.5-10.6 range at MUCH higher trap speeds so please stop twisting the whole "mod" thing to fit your narrative....hint, it's not working here.....maybe back at Mopar.com or whatever board you go between just not here.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Please get your facts straight before you post. Fastest mph redeye run that day was 129.75, fastest gt500 mph was 135.05. Do the math that’s 5.3 mph not 7, I don’t understand how you could be this biased. Redeye has 262 gears, the factory optioned 309 would probably have been 2 or 3 mph faster, add in a bad 60ft, a diver without much time in the car, a lowered car, plus seats pulled on the gt500 and you have 5 mph or so. I fully agree that the gt500 will have the faster mph most of the time, the DCT helps with that, I think we may see a 137 or 138 mph on a stock power gt500 some day. However as you know mph does not win a drag race. ET is the most important thing in the 1/4 mile and the redeye has the win on stock power ET.

I’m of to church now so I won’t be able to read your response till this afternoon, take your time and be fair.

Cheers.
The only advantage the Redeye has is the good old fashioned torque converter. Everything else is in the Mustangs favor. Tires, power to weight. Etc. If you throw both cars on a set of ET street Rs. The Dodge might have enough of an advantage off the line to hold the Mustang off. But stock from the factory vs stock. It dont look like the Redeye has a chance. It would be nice to see a video with decent drivers. Neuther one of these clowns are any good.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again I have yet to see a stock RedEye out run a stock GT500.....All this tire and wheel stuff are mods and we have seen FACTORY GT500's run in the 10.5-10.6 range at MUCH higher trap speeds so please stop twisting the whole "mod" thing to fit your narrative....hint, it's not working here.....maybe back at Mopar.com or whatever board you go between just not here.
Yes 100% the gt500 is the faster car on stock tires. I never said otherwise, thing is it’s called a street tire, at a drag strip the redeye needs a drag tire to put the power down, gt500 doesn’t need one near as much because of the soft DCT launch and lower torque numbers. Point is if both cars put the power down the redeye will be quicker, this is 100% proven fact. Fact one. The gt500 is faster on the stock tires, they are better and wider. Fact two. The redeye is faster on a drag tire, no other mods, at a drag strip people who are serious about racing come with drag radials on the car, it’s safer and quicker. Drag tires are a mod 100% I’m not twisting anything. I said the redeye is the faster stock power car, until a gt500 goes faster than 10.22 full weight on a tire you can’t say otherwise.

Not hating just stating. I’m not the guy who called another brands car crap.

Cheers.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only advantage the Redeye has is the good old fashioned torque converter. Everything else is in the Mustangs favor. Tires, power to weight. Etc. If you throw both cars on a set of ET street Rs. The Dodge might have enough of an advantage off the line to hold the Mustang off. But stock from the factory vs stock. It dont look like the Redeye has a chance. It would be nice to see a video with decent drivers. Neuther one of these clowns are any good.
Correct on oem tires the gt500 is faster. However with just a tire a redeye can do this at Atco, sorry but no way is a gt500 doing this.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct on oem tires the gt500 is faster. However with just a tire a redeye can do this at Atco, sorry but no way is a gt500 doing this.
Again and again we have not seen what a GT500(stock) will do on a 18" wheel/tire set up....yet we have seen a stock GT500 demolish a Redeye on 18" DR's....time and time again.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
at a drag strip the redeye needs a drag tire to put the power down, gt500 doesn’t need one near as much because of the soft DCT launch
So by this logic a Redeye NEEDS a DR.....if so then a the GT500 needs to have the trans tune(when available) and DR's, right? Still stock power, right?

Because by my calculations taking out the delay which would lower the 60 .4 on the GT500 plus take another .4-.5 away from the DR's getting grip down the track that would put a stock power GT500 in the 9.7-9.8 range....Again much faster than the Redeye, right?

In fact isn't that faster than a Demon.....without the crate of course.....unless it's stock then it comes with the crate, right? Or is that the other way around?

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

I have to agree. Until they can get the car to consistently sixty below the current 1.6s. That a few have done. The Redeye wull win the race at the line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Like I said before..............the below info is true if the REDEYE has the optional 3.09 gears.

On your average drag strip GT500 vs Redeye will be a drivers race.
On a very well prepped drag strip the Redeye will win 9 times out of 10
On stock tires at a drag strip the GT500 will win 9 times out of 10
From a dig on the street on stock tires the GT500 will win.
Roll races will be won by whoever gets the jump.
GT500 will be faster then a Redeye in a roll race but only by a little bit. Like I said before, whoever gets the jump will win.
Both are great looking cars and great performers. Would love to have one of each.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yes 100% the gt500 is the faster car on stock tires. I never said otherwise, thing is it’s called a street tire, at a drag strip the redeye needs a drag tire to put the power down, gt500 doesn’t need one near as much because of the soft DCT launch and lower torque numbers. Point is if both cars put the power down the redeye will be quicker, this is 100% proven fact. Fact one. The gt500 is faster on the stock tires, they are better and wider. Fact two. The redeye is faster on a drag tire, no other mods, at a drag strip people who are serious about racing come with drag radials on the car, it’s safer and quicker. Drag tires are a mod 100% I’m not twisting anything. I said the redeye is the faster stock power car, until a gt500 goes faster than 10.22 full weight on a tire you can’t say otherwise.

Not hating just stating. I’m not the guy who called another brands car crap.

Cheers.
Except mod2fame was on a radial, and stangmode a roadrace tire... and the redeye still got it bootyhole spread.out :)

Pinkeyes get blackeyes when running GT500s

Screenshot_20200309-080609_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200309-080815_YouTube.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Except mod2fame was on a radial, and stangmode a roadrace tire... and the redeye still got it bootyhole spread.out :)

Anyone that cuts a 1.7 sixty on drag radials with that much torque should be slapped. Or at least charged tripple for wasting everyones time.:giggle:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So by this logic a Redeye NEEDS a DR.....if so then a the GT500 needs to have the trans tune(when available) and DR's, right? Still stock power, right?

Because by my calculations taking out the delay which would lower the 60 .4 on the GT500 plus take another .4-.5 away from the DR's getting grip down the track that would put a stock power GT500 in the 9.7-9.8 range....Again much faster than the Redeye, right?

In fact isn't that faster than a Demon.....without the crate of course.....unless it's stock then it comes with the crate, right? Or is that the other way around?
Talking the launch delay out of the DCT will not give you any time in the 1/4 mile, the time starts when the car takes off. Now a trans tune could help the DCT to not cut power in the 1 2 gears and that would probably put a stock power gt500 60ft in the mid 1.4s, that would put the car in the 10.1-10.2 range. However that voids the warranty and risks very expensive damage to your trans, you are correct it would be stock power, however putting a tire on a redeye to put the power down and trans tuning a DCT is not the same at all. It just shows that even you realize that the redeye is the faster stock power car, by your own post the gt500 needs a trans tune and an 18 wheel and drag tire just to keep up with a redeye full weight on a tire. Here are two videos of redeyes on 20 inch rims with drag tires going 10.39 and 10.15, the 10.15 car has the seats pulled, the other one is full weight. I’m not going to respond to your demon stuff it’s a fight I have no wish to revisit, all I will say is a demon on the 840 tune has gone 9.58 at 139. I am the demon crater you are the demon hater.

Cheers.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

M2F is a bad driver, this has been confirmed many times, his car is lowered and has 262 gears, is short you are using bad redeye runs and good gt500 runs to say the gt500 is faster. I have seen full weight redeye time slips with 1.40-1.45 60ft times. Once again the gt500 is clearly the all around performance winner, however you can go buy a Redeye for 65 grand using the power dollars and discounts, put a good drag tire on, go to the strip and run low to mid 10s consistently, with the gt500 you just can’t do that. Not everyone wants a redeye, but not everyone wants a gt500 either. Have the respect to not call the other guys car junk.
Sponsored