Bought a 2020! Mods & Warranty questions

WF_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500
I purchased a 2020 GT 350. I’m just curious how much stronger these engines are versus the previous years. I plan on doing a tune and an X pipe. I can’t imagine the X pipe voiding the warranty however if the car was flashed back to stock would ford know it was tuned?

what is the proper break in procedure? I was going to do light throttle below 4000 RPMs for the first 200 miles and then half throttle up to 6000 RPMs until 400 miles. Varying the RPM. I typically breaking all my cars with a 400 to 500 mile procedure. With an oil change at the 500 mile mark. View attachment 443975 View attachment 443976
Sponsored

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
If you add a tune, you risk Ford denying an engine or drive train warranty claim. Flashing it back to stock might slow them down a bit while investigating a blown engine, but they will find it. Enjoy the car for a while before you decide if it needs the minor amount of HP gains provided by a tune on a NA car like the GT350.

I added the Corsa Double Helix Resonator Delete to mine for sound reasons only. (It sounds awesome...) The Corsa is more expensive, but it does not have the rasp of the other resonator delete options at 3-4K RPMs. As you mentioned, I doubt they will deny a claim for exhaust changes, but I have never tried, so I do not know personally.

Check out this thread for more information than you will ever want to know about Resonator Delete options:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/official-resonator-delete-thread.43372/

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Ford would know it was tuned. They'll count the ignition cycles. If you have 5k miles on the car, but when you bring it to them for a motor problem and they see there's only 10 ignition cycles, you're screwed.

With the X-pipe, at most you'd probably be giving up the warranty on the exhaust system.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Go see Woman Driven on YouTube for what happens when you try to fool ford on a tune with a blown engine.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Ford lost $1.7 billion last quarter. Their stock is tanking. Their earnings forecast for 2020 was lowered. They just settled the class action lawsuit for Focus/Fiesta transmissions that may cost up to $500 million. My point is that repairs on modded cars that gotten taken care of in the past will be scrutinized even more and denied now. Cost cutting is going to become a priority at Ford.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Warranties are never voided. CLAIMS can be denied.

And my engine was autocrossed at 200 miles. It blew up instantly...................according to the internet. But in reality it's running better than those who treated their engines like it was made out of glass.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
<-------------

Had Full exhaust, and tune. Engine blew. Dealered denied. Called Ford. Requested tear down for reason. rod 3 and 7 left the building. Tune and Headers not the cause. New engine 19 version. I'm happy. Warranty still in place...(well till June, then its up lol).

Internet, a many on this very site claimed I was screwed. If I would have believed the internet, I would have been. Lesson, do not believe the internet, do your own research.

OP
OP

WF_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500
<-------------

Had Full exhaust, and tune. Engine blew. Dealered denied. Called Ford. Requested tear down for reason. rod 3 and 7 left the building. Tune and Headers not the cause. New engine 19 version. I'm happy. Warranty still in place...(well till June, then its up lol).

Internet, a many on this very site claimed I was screwed. If I would have believed the internet, I would have been. Lesson, do not believe the internet, do your own research.
So you were covered because they couldn’t blame the tune? I wonder if some dealers would try to do that. At dodge the dealers say they love warranty work and want to cover stuff cause they make money.

OP
OP

WF_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500
What seems to be the cause of these engines going? People not breaking in? Wrong oil. I just don’t understand how a new engine can blow let alone the dozens I have heard of.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What seems to be the cause of these engines going? People not breaking in? Wrong oil. I just don’t understand how a new engine can blow let alone the dozens I have heard of.
Stay off the internet. Problem solved.