Coming from 3 Dodges to a 5.0

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I brought a Charger when they first came out redesigned in 2015. The R/T model and this was before the Scat Packs started booming. Fast forward two years later I picked up my Charger Scat Pack (392 HEMI).
Great car and fun but I did have some issues. Traded it on Sept of 2019 for the Challenger WideBody 392. Excellent car it got stolen and I just didn’t want it anymore so I switched to the Mustang 5.0.

I have noticed that the Dodges feel more powerful however the Mustang feels lighter and handles better. I also think that the Dodge is a bit more user friendly. There are some small quirks like there no Torque and Horsepower gauge on the Ford Track Apps which sucks because Dodge you had this....

Oh well hope I enjoy it as much as I’ve enjoyed my Dodge Cars I’ve had. This is going to stick around for a bit (I hope).
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Welcome to the Ford rank. Enjoy the car and you will probably have people wanting to race you in Dodges(lol), jacked up diesel trucks, Toyota Camrys, minivans etc.........

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The Mustang is a nice mix of a GT, sportscar, 2+2 Coupe.

I see you got a PP1 car, is it an M6 or an A10? While the 6.4L might have a little more on the bottom end, the 5.0L with the right gears, gets into the power quickly and then doesn't stop pulling till ~7500RPM. Combined with the A10 and 3.55 gears it's __very__ quick. Go with a couple of mods and an ethanol (Flex or even better a dedicated E85) tune and it's insane.

Cheatham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Iconic Silver, Perf.Pack. 6 spd
I'm a mopar guy myself but I think in the near future I'm going this route myself with a GT

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Quick question: two things I’ve been trying to figure out:
How can I erase a my mode like clear it out completely?
Also I realized there’s an outside temp on my radio and dash no need to have it in two stops is their a way to clear one of the other?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it above 4500 rpm and enjoy the theater and fun of the Coyote. If you have a manual, look at getting 4.09 gears asap. The 2018+ manual gearing sucks compared with the 15-17.

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Welcome to the Ford rank. Enjoy the car and you will probably have people wanting to race you in Dodges(lol), jacked up diesel trucks, Toyota Camrys, minivans etc.........
I work for the state and I transport inmates all over, this reminds me of the other day. My partner was driving the state mini van which is a dodge caravan. A ingot silver mustang was behind us and when we went into a double lane the mustang started to pass and the next thing I know my partner floors the mini van to keep the mustang behind us. The mustang was just out traveling and it was an eco boost . This is when I realized that my partner may just be an asshole.....if I was in my ingot silver gt I would have left the mini van just fly by also.

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
What you're saying is, that scene from the movies where the prison transport carrying our wrongfully accused hero gets into an accident, and then they escape miraculously uninjured is a total possibility. Except in this case, with actual convicted criminals not Will Smith or whoever...
Exactly

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Literally raced a friend of mine's '19 Charger Scat Pack 392 last night. 40-130 both of us bone stock. Very close but I pulled away at about 2 mph from the very first hit of the gas. Both are fun cars, just in different ways. One is torquey and comfy. The other handles better and revs like crazy. Welcome to coyote land.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride