Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Our photographers just spied what could be a prototype of a refreshed Bullitt Mustang for the 2021 model year, although a few oddities keep this one a mystery for now.

The test vehicle is wearing what appears to be the Bullitt's signature Dark Highland Green paint color with a completely camouflaged front clip and heavy cladding over the grille, front bumper and extending to the intakes, suggesting major design changes for the front end. The car sits on large 19- or 20-inch wheels which seem to be silver versions of the current performance package 1 wheels. Out back, we see a covered up dovetail spoiler and dual exhaust test pipes.

Is this a 2021 Mustang Bullitt refresh or is Ford simply using this to test the upcoming refresh of the Mustang GT or other special variant (i.e. Mach 1)? Let us know what you think.

2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-1.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-2.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-3.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-4.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-5.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-6.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-7.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-8.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-9.jpg
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The PP wheels were available in an alternate silver finish in the same style, so assuming that's what those are, i.e., 19", thought they don't look staggered[?] PP of course is a 255/40 and a 275/40, the tires in the photos almost look square.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It would make no sense to refresh a special edition Mustang (considering how my Bullitts are rotting on dealer lots). I think the Bullitt is set and done the way it is. I think it's just testing out some revisions for the next refresh since the 18 came out.

I think the other spy shot with the Mustang with the wing was the Mach 1 testing. This one looks too subtle to be one. As a positive, it looks like the turn signals moved down from that up too high position they were.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It would make no sense to refresh a special edition Mustang (considering how my Bullitts are rotting on dealer lots). I think the Bullitt is set and done the way it is. I think it's just testing out some revisions for the next refresh since the 18 came out.

I think the other spy shot with the Mustang with the wing was the Mach 1 testing. This one looks too subtle to be one.
In 2013 Ford refreshed the 2012 GT500 to fix those awful taillights in conjunction with the 2013 MY refresh. This could be as simple as Ford continuing the Bullitt with the rumored updated/refreshed body (front/rear ends) for 2021+ until the S650 finally arrives.
So, perhaps less of a “refreshed Bullitt” and more of a “refreshed S550” body styling that the Bullitt will still be available for.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Personally, I think we're looking at the new front end for the all of the '21MY S550s (Ecoboost/GT at least). I think the previous spyshots showed a very hacked up current front fascia, but this one looks much different and, I suspect, is the new almost-production-ready version.

I know the camo can play tricks, but it's got a slight GT350 vibe to those lower curved pieces. In fact, its very reminiscent of the current ST versions of the Fiesta and Focus. I'm not suggesting a Mustang ST, just that it uses this design language up front :)
21MY facelift focus fiesta.jpg
21MY Facelift A.jpg

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

I think the other spy shot with the Mustang with the wing was the Mach 1 testing. This one looks too subtle to be one. As a positive, it looks like the turn signals moved down from that up too high position they were.

Agreed, I think the Bullitt is done.....just the two model years as per the SN95 & S197.

You're right that the turn signals are "back" to the normal position........I think they were just moved temporarily on the hacked up "current" front fascia on the previous spied prototypes.

Be interesting to see if there will be another "Mach 1" spied soon with this new front end. The rear end of that spied prototype looked production ready......whereas we're back to the hacked up lower fascia and dual test exhaust pipes on this one.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
is it 20's or does that sit a little high..... like in AWD high? Hummmmm

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Using a Bullitt to test facelift parts this ones probably like Twin Turbo said tester for the GT and EcoBoost Mustang.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Didn't we see a Bullitt based mule last year as well?

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Mach prototype using the Bullitt as a base, good eye guys...
100% fact. This is just one unit. Ford has had multiple mules running around testing different components of the upcoming Mach 1. You won’t find 1 mule that has all the parts. It’s just another layer to help shield from photography. Also Ford likes building hype around conspiracies of what is vs what if.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
That's pretty strange. Maybe the moved turn signal and bumper were just to throw people off? This bumper has the turn signal in the airvent again and a more GT350 style bumper

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I will be very surprised if this latest front end is just for the Mach 1. I figured it would share the same basic front end with the GT/EcoBoost. It’d be cool if it has unique front end though.

If that IS the case though, does that mean there are no changes for the GT/EcoBoost?

Typical Ford - more questions than answers
Sponsored