Dave Pericak speaks a bit about the Mustang's future

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
1 volcano erupting produces 1000X the amount of "green-house gases" than everything above combined.

We humans are full of hubris, thinking we're affecting the planet's climate. We're fleas on a elephant's butt, nothing more. When the planet decides it's had enough of us, it will end us.

No no no no.... Stop spreading this Bullsh*t and actually do the research.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/06/06/how-much-co2-does-a-single-volcano-emit/
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No no no no.... Stop spreading this Bullsh*t and actually do the research.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/06/06/how-much-co2-does-a-single-volcano-emit/
It depends on what you read.

There's information supporting the idea, and information poo-pooing the idea.

Since this global-warming/climate change is such a politically charged topic, it's hard to know what to believe.

https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/201...issions-puts-damper-on-global-warming-theory/

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
From the EPA:

global_emissions_sector_2015.png

Transportation includes shipping, freight, and air travel. Targeting low volume sportscars and evil polar-bear killing v8's is pointless. So much more change needs to be made before we actually make a dent in global emissions. Changes that are not as "easy" as banning ICE cars.
Of course banning V8s is not the solution but the low hanging fruit will go first. Everybody should do their little bit which will make a big difference - reducing meat consumption, using heating less etc My Archielles heel is V8s and sports car but if they go they go and I will have to accept that.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It depends on what you read.

There's information supporting the idea, and information poo-pooing the idea.

Since this global-warming/climate change is such a politically charged topic, it's hard to know what to believe.

https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/201...issions-puts-damper-on-global-warming-theory/
I trust the scientists more than the politicians. It's only political because people make it political. Some refuse to change their ways and so propogate scepticism/conspiracy theories.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I trust the scientists more than the politicians. It's only political because people make it political. Some refuse to change their ways and so propogate scepticism/conspiracy theories.
I don't trust the scientists.

If your job is to study "climate change" or as it used to be known, "global warming", you sure as hell aren't going to put forth a study that shows it's a non-issue.

You'd be out of a job, one way or another.

Environmental studies are careers for the scientists, and their livelihood and future prosperity depends on them supporting the panic over what the earth does naturally.

Go against the grain and you're un-employed.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't trust the scientists.

If your job is to study "climate change" or as it used to be known, "global warming", you sure as hell aren't going to put forth a study that shows it's a non-issue.

You'd be out of a job, one way or another.

Environmental studies are careers for the scientists, and their livelihood and future prosperity depends on them supporting the panic over what the earth does naturally.

Go against the grain and you're un-employed.
Ridiculous nonsense

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ridiculous nonsense
Basic logic is "ridiculous nonsense" to you?

Look, no matter what the topic is, there's a golden rule to figuring out the basics;

Follow the money.

ETA; I've been on this planet for 50+ years. This all started back in the 1970s with doom and gloom about how Great Britain was going to be largely under-water in 10 years. Which, if you're counting, means 35 or so years ago your country should have become a much, much smaller island.

You still got solid ground under your feet?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes and it's in the interest of some politicians to spread conspiracy theories and sceptical nonsense to further their career.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes and it's in the interest of some politicians to spread conspiracy theories and sceptical nonsense to further their career.
If you're talking the politics of global warming/climate change, then.....yes. Absolutely yes.

Nothing like giving the masses some fictional boogey-man to fret over, and then using that fear for personal and political gain.

That's been a thing for thousands of year. Very basic.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The politics of stupidity that scientists are wrong
Methinks you place scientists on some pedestal. They're just regular people, and do what's best for themselves. And they're also just as apt to be political as anyone in any other profession.

Have you been on this planet for very long? Have you seen the climate change in any dramatic manner?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't have to change significantly to have serious consequences, we are talking serveral degrees

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It doesn't have to change significantly to have serious consequences, we are talking serveral degrees
You do understand that the earths temps fluctuate, and sometimes massively, as a normal part of it's existence? You've heard of ice ages, inter-glacial periods, etc., right?

Like I said....I've been on this planet for many decades now......nothing has changed, despite all the gloom and doom. Been hearing the same crap for 45 years now. You got information on when something is actually going to happen?

This planet is over 4.5 BILLION years old. Humans have existed for 170,000 or so years. The industrial revolution happened 150-200 years ago. Let's stop this non-sense that we're affecting the climate. The climate does what it does, and we're not going to change it.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said, i trust the vast majority of scientists. But you trust conspiracy theorists and YouTube videos. Im surprised you're not sceptical on the age of the planet and think it was created 10,000 years ago or that the Earth is flat.
Sponsored