Sponsored

Used for non-experienced GT350 2016

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
As stated above, I had a Tech Pack car and had added the transmission cooler.

Before adding the cooler, I tracked the car. I learned (by suggestion of my instructor) to shift at 6K (like the mustang GT's) were doing. While I shifted at 6K, no limp mode happened. As soon as I started pushing for the 8250, the transmission would heat up and hit limp mode.

Granted, the car was designed for 8250, but until I installed the transmission cooler, it was a good way to track (6K shifts).

Just my 0.02 cents.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If it's a tech pack car with no coolers, it probably was only street driven. If you aren't planning to track the car, that could be thought of as an advantage. On the street people aren't going to be able to beat on the car like on track.

I owned a tech pack car and it was awesome for daily driving. My only issues were on track, so I added coolers to mine. I think adding the coolers is a bigger deal than people are making it out to be in this thread, though. My advice is that if you are concerned about expenses and you think you might consider tracking at some time in the future - wait for a 2017+ with the coolers.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Honestly I am very happy that I created this article because of amazing reviews and tips from you guys. You helped me so much and also the discussion here brings me so many information regarding the GT350.

Actually I have no other option regarding the Track or Tech pack. There are no so many offers with the combination of this version. I am not driving every day, nor short distances in downtown. I am not typical city driver, but I am considering this car as my ONLY and DAILY one. So because of this I believe I will not get to trouble regarding the missing transmission coolers.

Other side of the coin is that I was really scared about the engine issues which are reported “all” over the internet. https://overrunautomotive.com/articles/gt350-engine-failure-by-the-numbers/ -> helps me little bit.

As you can imagine, in EU with this type of car, we have limited service options so I have to be careful.
If you want a few more options, recommend looking in Germany, especially near Wiesbaden and Kaiserslautern. Because there is such a large American footprint there (exempt from German taxes and homologation requirements) you have a chance of finding what you want. Also, scout24 normally has a few, which can be from Germans or Americans

https://www.autoscout24.de/lst/ford/mustang?sort=standard&desc=0&ustate=N,U&cy=D&version0=gt350&atype=C

Next best places are Belgium and Luxembourg. I don't know if he still has any, but Anthony at Mustang and Co outside of Brussels had two 2017s for sale https://mustangandco.com/nos-voitures/?annee=2017

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As stated above, I had a Tech Pack car and had added the transmission cooler.

Before adding the cooler, I tracked the car. I learned (by suggestion of my instructor) to shift at 6K (like the mustang GT's) were doing. While I shifted at 6K, no limp mode happened. As soon as I started pushing for the 8250, the transmission would heat up and hit limp mode.

Granted, the car was designed for 8250, but until I installed the transmission cooler, it was a good way to track (6K shifts).

Just my 0.02 cents.
Oh, that explains your times, lol

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, that explains your times, lol

:frown::frown::frown:

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

That...and I have not mastered the skill you have...getting better each time out... :turkey::turkey::tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks for the tag @Tomster .

@Tom4 , as others have said, if you’re going to track it, you’ll need to install a transmission oil cooler. But you’ll need to keep an eye on your transmission temps if you’re just driving it on the streets. The Tech was shipped with transmission temp display turned off from the factory but there’s a way to turn. (See the Forscan sticky).

Conditions that’ll make the trans temp spike include stop and go traffic on hot days, prolonged aggressive driving.

In any case, I’d recommend changing trans and diff fluids at least annually.

Good luck.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There's a guy here in NL who bought a brand new 2016 without the track pack and he kept getting into limp mode on the Autobahn. He otherwise loved the car but got rid of it just because of this.
Sponsored