osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
As long as you buy the version that is specifically made for US cars they should be plug and play. However from how I read the advertisements on Aliexpress there are only 2 versions for US cars (red and smoke) and the 3 "5 mode versions" (red, smoke and clear) are specifically meant for export cars (which have different amperage and different connectors). So that would mean that if you buy the US car lights they will basically do the exact same thing as the factory lights. I could be wrong though. Perhaps you can contact their official store through Aliexpress and ask if they also make the 5-mode version for US cars with the US connector.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32991192636.html

Do you have a link to the exact post? I can translate it for you no problem.
Hi Ericc, i saw in many youtube videos how VLAND lights are intalled in american cars and they work with all 5 modes as an EU car, I post the link because maybe Im wrong:

About fog light with OEM switch is here made by @Falk03: https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7151#p176474

thanks
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hi,

That's an amazing project car and I'm quite surprised he got it to work :)

I tried to make a compact translation for you, here it is:

1. Replace the original switch with one that includes a switch for the rear fog lamp. You can buy this at any Ford dealer but they German guy found one on eBay from a Ford Mondeo MK5. Part number is DG9T-13D061-FCW and it is identical to the version for the Mustang except for the part number.

2. Both the new light switch and the Body Control Module need additional plugs. On the light switch C205 # 2 and on the Body Control Module C2280B # 8 and C2280C # 25. You can buy these at mouser.com. The cables need to be modified (wrong diameter). Here are Mouser's part numbers:

C205: 26 AWG 2098762-3 or 7

C2280B: 26 AWG: 571-1924955-5 or 7

C2280C: 18-20 AWG: 33012-3022 or 33012-2022

Since Mouser is designed for larger order quantities, ordering 10 terminals each was relatively expensive.

3. The wiring connections:

* C205 # 2 to C2280B # 8

* C2280C # 25 to the rear fog lamp

5. Forscan programming of the Body Control Module:

726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Rear Fog Enable Cfg: 0=disabled --> 1=enabled

726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx Interior Lighting (IL) / White Lighting (WL) / Backlighting LED (BL) / Rear Fog Lamp (RFL) - Circuit DTC (Normal/Inhibited): 5=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL inhib --> 4=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL norm

6. Forscan programming of the IPC (instrument panel cluster) so that the indicator light is also displayed:

720-02-02 xxx * xx Rear Fog Indicator Cfg: 0 = disabled -> 2 = enabled

OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
Hi,

That's an amazing project car and I'm quite surprised he got it to work :)

I tried to make a compact translation for you, here it is:

1. Replace the original switch with one that includes a switch for the rear fog lamp. You can buy this at any Ford dealer but they German guy found one on eBay from a Ford Mondeo MK5. Part number is DG9T-13D061-FCW and it is identical to the version for the Mustang except for the part number.

2. Both the new light switch and the Body Control Module need additional plugs. On the light switch C205 # 2 and on the Body Control Module C2280B # 8 and C2280C # 25. You can buy these at mouser.com. The cables need to be modified (wrong diameter). Here are Mouser's part numbers:

C205: 26 AWG 2098762-3 or 7

C2280B: 26 AWG: 571-1924955-5 or 7

C2280C: 18-20 AWG: 33012-3022 or 33012-2022

Since Mouser is designed for larger order quantities, ordering 10 terminals each was relatively expensive.

3. The wiring connections:

* C205 # 2 to C2280B # 8

* C2280C # 25 to the rear fog lamp

5. Forscan programming of the Body Control Module:

726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Rear Fog Enable Cfg: 0=disabled --> 1=enabled

726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx Interior Lighting (IL) / White Lighting (WL) / Backlighting LED (BL) / Rear Fog Lamp (RFL) - Circuit DTC (Normal/Inhibited): 5=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL inhib --> 4=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL norm

6. Forscan programming of the IPC (instrument panel cluster) so that the indicator light is also displayed:

720-02-02 xxx * xx Rear Fog Indicator Cfg: 0 = disabled -> 2 = enabled
Many thanks for traslation but the problem for me is that I dont know how to find the c205 switch, de c2280b module, etc. also the next references of section 2. sorry :(

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Many thanks for traslation but the problem for me is that I dont know how to find the c205 switch, de c2280b module, etc. also the next references of section 2. sorry :(
The body control module is a plastic box with fuses, connectors and electronics in it. The way I understand the German guy's description is that of the 3 new connectors you have to buy 1 goes on the back of the new light switch and two go into the BCM. The car has 2 BCM's, the main one is located behind the passenger lower cowl trim panel, and BCM-B is located in the trunk on the passenger side behind the side trim panel.
s-l1600.jpg

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
The connector C205 is the one at the back of the light switch. All the C2280? connectors are the ones going into the BCM. Have a look at the attachment for the different connectors.

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
The connector C205 is the one at the back of the light switch. All the C2280? connectors are the ones going into the BCM. Have a look at the attachment for the different connectors.
Thank you so much, I will check when car arrives And I will tell you!

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Offtopic, but here in Switzerland we allow the OEM red sequential turn signals, I always get weird looks when I turn them on somewhere in in Europe. Been stopped by the cops a few times now because of the turn signals and the front amber marker lights :giggle:

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, BMW M4, Volvo XC90, Ford Taunus 2.0GL
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, does anyone have similar pictures as below including the Pin numbers for connectors C2280B and for C205 ? I'm working on the fog light mod for my 2017 Mustang. Thanks!

upload_2020-5-12_10-38-38.png

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hi, does anyone have similar pictures as below including the Pin numbers for connectors C2280B and for C205 ? I'm working on the fog light mod for my 2017 Mustang. Thanks!

upload_2020-5-12_10-38-38.png
Here you are...

ps: This is for MY16 but I guess MY17 is the same (maybe the coloring are different).

Attachments

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here you are...

ps: This is for MY16 but I guess MY17 is the same (maybe the coloring are different).
Fantastic. Thanks so much!

Sponsored

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

I'm done with the EU Fog light mod for my own 2017 GT except for the 'new' fog light switch to arrive from the UK. Also coding is done.

Now that I'm helping a friend with his 2020 Bullitt doing the same mod, I'm running into the issue not getting the coding done for:

- 726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx from 0 to 1 according to the guidelines above from Ericc B I get the message as you see below. It won't adjust.
- 726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx this number is already a 4 (see below). Does this mean this is already what is should be? Or does this number in a bullitt need to be a different one.

Now, one remark. We have not done the wiring yet from light switch to BCM and from BCM to a the rear of the car (so no pins plugged in yet into C02280B, C02280C and C205). Does that make any difference to the issue above? The Bullitt is Sync 3.4

Thank you so much for helping out!!

Tim

Coding issue fog light 1.jpg
Coding issue fog light 2.jpg

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally! Got my own Mustang working. Received the right switch from the UK today which was the last step. See pictures below. Happy man!!!!

Just have NOT been able to get hold of my friend's 2020 Bullitt coding tables to get his fog light enabled. I've posted a separate message on the forum about this but without luck. The tables I received for the F150 turn out to be different.

ANYONE? Can you help me getting the 2020 Bullitt coding tables?

Thank you
Light Switch.jpg
Fog Light Indicator.jpg
Fog Light.jpg

Fouadak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fouad
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I would definitely recommend Pavel (HD Customs) instead of trying to manipulate the tail lights yourself. Or you could try the VLAND ones.

Some guys here in Germany love them.
If you have a login to this forum, here would be the link to the thread:
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14855&e=1&view=unread#unread
The thread contains a lot of information (in German) including pics and videos.

Kind regards
Falk
If you have done it with them as well can you please share the fitting diagram they say they send with the lights because I didn’t get any

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Just have NOT been able to get hold of my friend's 2020 Bullitt coding tables to get his fog light enabled. I've posted a separate message on the forum about this but without luck. The tables I received for the F150 turn out to be different.

ANYONE? Can you help me getting the 2020 Bullitt coding tables?
Bullit is not different from other newer models. Just look for some table for a newer Mustang.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
If you have done it with them as well can you please share the fitting diagram they say they send with the lights because I didn’t get any
What do you mean by fitting diagram? If you are referring to the wiring, then they should be plug-n-play. They should have an additional adapter to connect to US models. And the additional yellow(?) wire goes to the third brake light.
Apart from that I cannot help you, because I am going into a different direction.
Sponsored