Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I posted this exact same video a few posts above for mJolnir's viewing pleasure and he kindly ignored it. :cwl:

And yes, the 500 took them both to an all you can eat buffet at Gapplebees.
Sorry about the duplicate but I couldn't post earlier....good work :beer:
Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Sorry about the duplicate but I couldn't post earlier....good work :beer:
No worries. Maybe with the multiple posts, he'll finally see it and watch it. lol!

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
No worries. Maybe with the multiple posts, he'll finally see it and watch it. lol!
Oh but i did see it, also im not in fantasy land i know having 100+hp more will give you the advantage if you get traction, thats why i say that given enough space the gt500 will beat the zl1 on a street race, i also said the gt500 will kill the zl1 on a roll race for the same reason.

Just like i see the zl1 1le posting better lap times than the gt500 on all the tracks where they have posted times, i was expecting MT to include the gt500 on the best driver car so i could see the Laguna Seca lap times too, but it looks like we will have to wait for next year for that one.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Edmunds really should have tried the drag race using manual mode vs launch control. Pretty big delay with launch control, I bet they could have easily shaved some time off. I have found in most of my cars that have launch control, that I can usually launch the car faster myself.
I think I'll ever launch a car, but I'm curious, why is there a delay?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I literally couldn't get a 12 roll pack of paper towels into the back. Even a modest cardboard tray of items (think Cosco) wouldn't go in flat - I had to unload half, tip it in at an angle and then refill the tray.
Old follow up, but yeah, I wasn't overstating the bad design when I said the trunk is absurd. These cars are street cars first, especially when they share a common platform with flavors that are not specifically setup for the track - and in that capacity, the trunk/opening is a poor f***ing design (the trunk capacity changing with the top position for the [ZL1] convertible became a huge ding for me ...)

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
All I hear is wahhh in this.

It was a shit test that was flawed from the start. Fact is that both cars are quick. I think what is really bothering everyone here is that the Mustang isnt "decimating" the Camaro as most people had hoped. They are close in performance, and that's just the way it is.

Until we get a real test there is nothing else to argue other than conspiracy theories and conjecture. You can say whatever you want but there are no numbers to back any of it up.
The you must be related to Charlie Brown. Someone tries to educate and you don't hear what you don't want to hear. Facts be danged.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oh but i did see it, also im not in fantasy land i know having 100+hp more will give you the advantage if you get traction, thats why i say that given enough space the gt500 will beat the zl1 on a street race, i also said the gt500 will kill the zl1 on a roll race for the same reason.

Just like i see the zl1 1le posting better lap times than the gt500 on all the tracks where they have posted times, i was expecting MT to include the gt500 on the best driver car so i could see the Laguna Seca lap times too, but it looks like we will have to wait for next year for that one.
Ok, so you saw it and wanted to ignore facts that proved your statement completely wrong. Got it.

Given enough space? The 500 doesn’t need space to beat the zl1 in a straight line. It will beat it in the 330, the 1/8th, and beyond as observed in the Edmunds video we shared for you where it was repeatedly gapped by the 500, over and over and over.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Ok, so you saw it and wanted to ignore facts that proved your statement completely wrong. Got it.

Given enough space? The 500 doesn’t need space to beat the zl1 in a straight line. It will beat it in the 330, the 1/8th, and beyond as observed in the Edmunds video we shared for you where it was repeatedly gapped by the 500, over and over and over.
Thats not what happened on the streets of willow, it couldn't catch it, none of the 2 zl1s that they raced it with, so it does need the space, the fact that all the magazines place the two cars 0.1s appart it their 1/4 mile tests says that its not on the 330 that it catches it.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
My GT with a stage two Roush has decimated two ZL1's in a straight line.. I win, subscribe to me on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/creativepixelation

PS. I don't post car video's, I'm just an internet warrior :)

PPS. The ZL1 is badass. I think it looks great.. But I stand by my above statement.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thats not what happened on the streets of willow, it couldn't catch it, none of the 2 zl1s that they raced it with, so it does need the space, the fact that all the magazines place the two cars 0.1s appart it their 1/4 mile tests says that its not on the 330 that it catches it.
Right...on cooked tires.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang