Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The scale isn't the same for HP and Torque. Torque on the right tops out at 550 and HP on the left tops out at 700. If they were equal they would cross at 5252RPM
Thanks! Makes sense now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Does it have gas smell..what the exhaust setup iv herd few catleaa cars really loud...wondering what stage one on torco makes
it does have a smell, rarely does it get in the cabin and if it does, it is gone in a minute or so.

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
My buddy ran sock catted to 7800 and made 655 so theres a restriction for sure vs yours , your car would’ve easily hit 600 if it was revved higher but honestly I love your setup at 7300

To me that’s perfect, Excellent results
Very impressive
I'm making well over 600, the graph might be a bit confusing because of the way they did hp on one side and tq on the other.

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Bigswollnasty,

Your results have sealed the deal for me. After many months of debating on which way I want to go with FI, I have decided to basically mirror your set-up. Around 680 RWHP is going to be plenty for me and how I drive.

I'll be ordering the Whipple in the next few months. Terry at Beefcake said tune it with an NGauge through Lund and I'll be happy.
Awesome man, you will love it! The guys at the shop i go to tested their dynos compared with other dynos in the area and theirs was the most conservative, so you might even get a little more. On the street, I've decimated 2 c7 zo6 vettes that had exhaust and some small stuff, I also beat a c7 zo6 that had cams, pulley, heads, and full exhaust. He told me he will have to use his 100 octane tune to beat me lol.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Awesome numbers man. The MAK cat deletes are definitely worth the money. Not worth spending another $2,000+ extra on headers and install over the MAK's for 10 extra rwhp gain. However they made my car unbearably loud and I am very young compared to others on this forum, and its ridiculous even for me lmao. I still havent ordered the magnaflow tru x but I heard it helps drastically. Roush axle backs + res delete + cat delete + 2.9 whipple might be one of the loudest setups you can have on these cars.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Awesome numbers man. The MAK cat deletes are definitely worth the money. Not worth spending another $2,000+ extra on headers and install over the MAK's for 10 extra rwhp gain. However they made my car unbearably loud and I am very young compared to others on this forum, and its ridiculous even for me lmao. I still havent ordered the magnaflow tru x but I heard it helps drastically. Roush axle backs + res delete + cat delete + 2.9 whipple might be one of the loudest setups you can have on these cars.
Yeah bro, I had headers and catless exhaust on my 2014 5.0 and that thing had terrible highway drone. My gf hated it lol. It sounded great outside the car, but inside the drone was very bad on the highway. No highway drone with this setup on the 18. Combined with the stock exhaust these deletes are perfect

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I know there isn't a huge difference between the deletes and the long tubes in a NA car but is it still that close on a supercharged car?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Do you have a data to back that up ?
I have the car deletes in my 18 GT/Gen 5 Whipple and I keep wondering if I am leaving power on the table by not doing headers .
I am definitely running slower than most cars I know with similar set ups /same pulley with long tubes .
I also have the magnaflow resonated X and I think that’s a restriction.
May be my car is just a dog ?
Will be doing a compression test soon since I now have a new predator block waiting in the wings .

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Do you have a data to back that up ?
I have the car deletes in my 18 GT/Gen 5 Whipple and I keep wondering if I am leaving power on the table by not doing headers .
I am definitely running slower than most cars I know with similar set ups /same pulley with long tubes .
I also have the magnaflow resonated X and I think that’s a restriction.
May be my car is just a dog ?
Will be doing a compression test soon since I now have a new predator block waiting in the wings .
Beefcake said they have run low 9’s with car deletes on stock exhaust. Yes, there will be power gains, but how much do you want to spend..? Put you $ elsewhere imo.

I hope it is not hurt. Best of luck.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I have been 9.7@143 with a 3.25 pulley but should have been trapping 147-148 mph .

I think the magnaflow resonated tru x is probably costing me more than I would gain with headers but not sure if that’s enough to account for the low mph .
If the compression test checks out I plan to do back to back pulls on a dyno comparing the tru X to a less restrictive resonated midpipe and then non resonated X to see if there is any difference .
if that’s not it then I may swap tuners and see .

No worries if it’s hurt ... I already have the 5.2 short block ready to go but I am in process of building it up into long block with some head work

If it’s not hurt then I plan to drop down to as low as a 2.875 grip tech pulley and send it ......and hope it does not slip .if it slips then it would be a good time to go 10 rib when I swap the block .

I am hoping I can swap the short block out before it’s hurt as I already plan and have parts to build it up .
Sponsored