Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I babied my C7 way too much. With my GT350 I bought a set of winter tires and have been driving it a ton. We have had a very mild winter with very few snow days so it’s been a blast.

What I have come to realize is
- the car will depreciate the same whether you drive it all year or for three months
- these types of cars are far more capable with the right tires on them, than people realize
- I am done with garage queens.

I have a 19 Jeep Wrangler, but my wife has pretty much taken it over and I realize that I much prefer driving the GT350 unless the roads are really bad.
The GT350 is a good winter car. I didn't feel that comfortable driving it when temperatures were extremely low, but mine got quite a few miles in below zero temperatures. I loved that car so much that I always wanted to drive it. I did avoid most of the really sloppy days, but when the roads were relatively dry I would drive it.

I think the GT500 will prove to be that type of car as well. With a good set of snow tires it could be driven in any weather.
Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
youre really reaching. equal conditions GT500 wins. im used to it, are you?
So far we had three journalist’s comparisons between these two cars. Two of them posted lap times and one didn’t but favored the ZLE with handling and braking numbers. The other two comparisons the ZLE won around the road coarse. Whats surprising is that the ZLE also won on a drag race in one of the comparisons.

The latest Throttlehouse comparison wasn’t perfect but both cars had handicaps. Equal conditions are still favoring the ZLE on a road coarse unless 1/3rd of the road coarse is a very long stretch to give the GT500 CFTP the lead. Still Kudos to Ford for making a 4000+ lbs car handle like that. Does it justify the additional price tag over a base GT500? That’s the question of the day.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
So far we had three journalist’s comparisons between these two cars. Two of them posted lap times and one didn’t but favored the ZLE with handling and braking numbers. The other two comparisons the ZLE won around the road coarse. Whats surprising is that the ZLE also won on a drag race in one of the comparisons.

The latest Throttlehouse comparison wasn’t perfect but both cars had handicaps. Equal conditions are still favoring the ZLE on a road coarse unless 1/3rd of the road coarse is a very long stretch to give the GT500 CFTP the lead. Still Kudos to Ford for making a 4000+ lbs car handle like that. Does it justify the additional price tag over a base GT500? That’s the question of the day.
That's legit nonsense your spinning over there bud. The edmunds test was not a road course test that was a joke, 36 seconds of autocross doesn't help me at all. Then we have this second test which should have been a long awaited road course test and the GT500 shows up with shredded tires or whatever Randy said. Then we have Randy telling us that the GT500 is faster on good tires and he is essentially the only person qualified to judge. What the hell are we supposed to do with that?

Look i'm not in either camp here, I cross shopped the SS 1le and GT PP1 and went with the GT PP1 essentially based on looks. (the 18' Camaro really doesnt look bad, I just really really like the Mustangs aesthetics). I don't really care which one is faster at this point but I have to know bc I've been waiting for like 3 months now. Someone needs to give us a normal, no bullshit, regular comparison.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hahaha, I find it f-ing hysterical that someone posts a - more or less - pro ZLE / backhanded GT500 comment, and the two goobers with ZLEs upvote it, in just minutes after it was posted. Do you guys just sit in your cubicles all day, refreshing this page / responding to nots, giggling to yourselves ... ?

I mean, I guess the more power to you if that's your jam :crazy:

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Those standing desks really make a difference, eh?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This was bone stock + worn out tires gt500 vs modified zl1 1le. And Camaro Randy completely glosses over that. No surprise. The throttle house you tubers also don’t want to point that out.

lit wasbt factory vs factory. It was factory vs customer mod.

no point in this video at all other than to skew the truth in the eye of the public.

This is why I mentioned the need for actual vetting of each cars status as stock.

Throttle house was never the most credible. But they appeared to be just two nerds having fun.

Looks like the exposure has gotten to them. Bummer.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
This was bone stock + worn out tires gt500 vs modified zl1 1le. And Camaro Randy completely glosses over that. No surprise. The throttle house you tubers also don’t want to point that out.

lit wasbt factory vs factory. It was factory vs customer mod.

no point in this video at all other than to skew the truth in the eye of the public.

This is why I mentioned the need for actual vetting of each cars status as stock.

Throttle house was never the most credible. But they appeared to be just two nerds having fun.

Looks like the exposure has gotten to them. Bummer.
It was modified now? How?

3 out of 4 picked the GT500, what truth are they trying to skew?

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Hahaha, I find it f-ing hysterical that someone posts a - more or less - pro ZLE / backhanded GT500 comment, and the two goobers with ZLEs upvote it, in just minutes after it was posted. Do you guys just sit in your cubicles all day, refreshing this page / responding to nots, giggling to yourselves ... ?

I mean, I guess the more power to you if that's your jam :crazy:
I like what he said about Ford making a 4000lb+ car handle the way it does. It runs with 3000lb+ GT3RSs. Pretty impressive.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
That was called a joke like this................have you made anymore super interesting videos where you are just driving straight ahead flooring it?
Remember to comment below if you have question and Be sure to like and subscribe for more GT500 content

HAHAHAHAHA!!
Im having a blast in my car.. how about you? Did you hear, on equal terms, GT500 kills GM and Dodges..

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Remember to comment below if you have question and Be sure to like and subscribe for more GT500 content

HAHAHAHAHA!!
Im having a blast in my car.. how about you? Did you hear, on equal terms, GT500 kills GM and Dodges..

That's an epic pic!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Following ... you silly f***er :D

Dude, those are nice wheels, I am digging on the Brushed Triple Black, it's like black chrome.
i gotta go with the gloss black, tough call but i think the color scheme of iconic and black is better than iconic and almost black/ triple black brused.. any othe rcolor and i would

and thanks.. content gonna get interesting real soon here.. if it ever gets out of G-damn PPF/ceramic. when i said no rush i didnt mean take 3 weeks lol
Sponsored