Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You mean like long ago when Concrete and a number of others here continue to meet the legal definition of slander/libel against Randy P?

The GT500 wasn’t the only one handicapped here, we all want a straight up comparison of both cars.
1st off, its libel, and that would have to be proven, and our case that he is visibly exerting more effort into the brand the he himself owns, and the continued skewed results, means we have a very very strong argument. Pair that with opinion, and his 0 loss of income or prospective income, due to stated opinion (based off of cisual data and his own known bias') seals the deal.
The gt500 is faster when not handicapped
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
1st off, its libel, and that would have to be proven, and our case that he is visibly exerting more effort into the brand the he himself owns, and the continued skewed results, means we have a very very strong argument. Pair that with opinion, and his 0 loss of income or prospective income, due to stated opinion (based off of cisual data and his own known bias') seals the deal.
The gt500 is faster when not handicapped
Hopefully the judge is a Mustang fan like you guys.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Here is a pic of tires on both. Do you really see any difference? Also, look at the rears of the 1le. Both cars didn’t have new tires. Also, the lack of front aero on the gt500 would be very minimum on that short slower track. You also need to remember, Ford sent this car, it wasn’t the show. They were very bummed the way it was sent. The 1le was also a used car and owner let them use it, and it was set in street camber while the CFTP was in track. So neither car was setup for a realist test, but they tested for what they were given.
10425BC4-B7E3-485A-876A-82167B144223.png
A2948FB2-5F21-4508-A8D6-9841FA4279CE.png
Has anyone mentioned why this particular ZLE has a Michelin on the front? (Cant read the rears, maybe someone with better vision can see......enhance...enhance)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone mentioned why this particular ZLE has a Michelin on the front? (Cant read the rears, maybe someone with better vision can see......enhance...enhance)
hey it works in the movies, damn it!
Since it's a privately owned car, who knows. Those look like Goodyear Supercar 3's on the back but I wouldn't put the confidence level very high. Cup2's on the front but I can't say if 'R' or not. Likely not.

Entertaining eval for sure. Definitive "proof" of minor superiority one way or another, no. And frankly at this level of "difference" who cares. Buy what moves you. I much prefer the looks of the Shelby but vastly prefer the price tag of the Camaro. Living with either car over day to day is TBD.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
not stock.

wonder what time it had since it was someone’s personal car.

the zle gets non stock tires (at the least) but the 500 runs in worn out shoes.

not unexpected of throttle house. And suits randy just fine.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
not stock.

wonder what time it had since it was someone’s personal car.

the zle gets non stock tires (at the least) but the 500 runs in worn out shoes.

not unexpected of throttle house. And suits randy just fine.
Tires weren't stock, I wonder what else wasn't on the ZL1 wonder twins.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd say it's pretty obvious that the Minnesota folk here are getting tired of looking at the fun car sit in the garage
I am a little tired of waiting to drive the Z06. However, I've found that I actually prefer my little S-box Fiesta over it. Last fall even with dry roads I was driving the Fiesta more. I definitely learned a lot comparing those two cars. Capability doesn't always mean enjoyment.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I am a little tired of waiting to drive the Z06. However, I've found that I actually prefer my little S-box Fiesta over it. Last fall even with dry roads I was driving the Fiesta more. I definitely learned a lot comparing those two cars. Capability doesn't always mean enjoyment.
Do you have an ST model? There's a guy around here with one, nicely done up, definitely not stock, hahaha, he appreciated a little run one day, I appreciated being surprised :D

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Do you have an ST model? There's a guy around here with one, nicely done up, definitely not stock, hahaha, he appreciated a little run one day, I appreciated being surprised :D
I do have an ST model, but mine is stock with the exception of some junky mud and snow tires. I've driven one with a tune before and they can open your eyes. I remember thinking that the tuned ST was roughly equivalent to my GT350 on launch. Not fast by any means, but respectable. For an inexpensive winter beater, I like it quite a bit.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I babied my C7 way too much. With my GT350 I bought a set of winter tires and have been driving it a ton. We have had a very mild winter with very few snow days so it’s been a blast.

What I have come to realize is
- the car will depreciate the same whether you drive it all year or for three months
- these types of cars are far more capable with the right tires on them, than people realize
- I am done with garage queens.

I have a 19 Jeep Wrangler, but my wife has pretty much taken it over and I realize that I much prefer driving the GT350 unless the roads are really bad.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@thill444 I always chuckle when I see someone selling a car (used to see it on the Corvette Forum all the time ...) and they said something like, "Garage kept, has never seen rain".

WTSF? :cwl:

You're aware rain is __water__, you know, like when you wash your car? Or that's present in the atmosphere? Mostly, I sort of felt sad for the car.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
youre really reaching. equal conditions GT500 wins. im used to it, are you?
This is probably the case. Hopefully one of the mags will execute a more controlled/scientific test. Just remember kiddos, there's nothing important at stake here. They are just cars. If you need the "best one", go buy it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I do have an ST model, but mine is stock with the exception of some junky mud and snow tires. I've driven one with a tune before and they can open your eyes. I remember thinking that the tuned ST was roughly equivalent to my GT350 on launch. Not fast by any means, but respectable. For an inexpensive winter beater, I like it quite a bit.
Ive always had a soft spot for the little 4 banger turbo cars. I'd daily one again in a heartbeat. Maybe an STi with the jersey winters. But even the cheap Korean cars are entertaining options for what they charge.
Sponsored