Sponsored

M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I won't have really any impressions until April when I take it autocrossing...

It's firmer, with less body roll, damping is obviously better, it's perfectly livable. That's what you can conclude out of daily driving on all season tires.

How it behaves in transitions and long sweeping corners - that requires some actual driving and it's not going to happen until spring here...
Sponsored

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
i wanted a pp2 but got a pp1 (w/ magneride) because it only clears the steep ascent up my driveway by less than 1/2". Even without the long splitter, i doubt the pp2 would clear the pavement.
i am very interested in this kit. how difficult would it be to shim the stiffer springs to maintain ride height?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Any updates for those who just installed this kit on their cars? Impressions on handling, firmness etc?
Still enjoying this kit. Waiting for a warm stretch of weather to have my rear sway bar adjusted to the softer setting like the front and have the right side bushing re-greased (it squeaks). Sport Mode is a good mix of firm and comfort on all but the roughest of roads. I usually put my car in Normal Mode until I am out of the downtown area where I live or if I know I will be driving in an area with lousy roads.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Still enjoying this kit. Waiting for a warm stretch of weather to have my rear sway bar adjusted to the softer setting like the front and have the right side bushing re-greased (it squeaks). Sport Mode is a good mix of firm and comfort on all but the roughest of roads. I usually put my car in Normal Mode until I am out of the downtown area where I live or if I know I will be driving in an area with lousy roads.
Update: I recently had the rear sway bar adjusted to the soft setting to match the front and a second alignment performed at a different dealership. The original alignment parameters were titled something like “2018-19 coupe, performance pack, track pack”. This time, the technician chose alignment specs with “performance pack level 2” in the title. We agreed that the PP2 specs would be best since the MagneRide software update included in this kit is standard with the PP2 cars. I can’t imagine the alignment specs between PP1 and PP2 would differ that much, if at all. But I could be wrong.

The ride comfort was good before except on lousy roads. Now, the ride comfort is much improved overall, especially over bumpy roads. I drive with the suspension in sport mode at all times now.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I don't have any and unfortunately won't for a while - but finally got car aligned, negative 3 degrees of camber in the front, 2.5 in the rear. Car is extremely stable in high speed cornering (~95 mph) in track mode on stock PS4S tires. That's about as much as I have for now.
Also - while I am not really big on looks and don't care too much about them, that little drop makes it look much better (I also in the meantime replaced front hub studs with the long ARP ones and am running 25 mm spacer in the front to be able to fit 11" wheel with 305/30 tire on it once the season finally starts - if it ever does this year.

Overall really happy with it but haven't tested it properly at all.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this setup and really enjoy it. It is a mixed use car street and HPDE. I've put about 2300 miles on kit and ride is firm and not jarring. Even with large changes in grade at RR tracks crossings or street intersections the suspension has never bottomed. My ride height when measuring from center of wheel center cap to fender well is 14 3/8" front and rear. Settings are front bar stiff (inner hole) connected to Steeda swaybar endlinks and rear connected to stock endlinks, are set to to soft (outer hole). Camber -2.1 using bolts in front and rear -1.8. So far no odd tire wear on 19x10 and 19x11 MPSS. However I do get some more road surface feed back with these setting on the street vs previous alignment of and Steeda drop springs of -1.0 front and -1.0 rear. Having gone from P1 stock where the car dives and ramps during braking and accelerating to a car that stays flatter and squats has been for me a huge blessing in my mixed use car. IF your in the Houston area hit me up and you can take a ride.

Here is one of my track day videos. I'm finally to the point I need a track wheel and tire setup as the suspension is doing its work. I've picked up Gs and speed in long sweeping corners now and while I'm not a professional driver its tells me the combo is working well.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Had this installed today. Here are my initial thoughts. Keep in mind this is my first performance car I have ever owned and only have 850 miles on it so far. Also, my initial drive with the handling pack installed was home from the dealership...through the city....during rush hour. So, more to come this weekend when I can take it out and really drive it. The car is a GT Premium PP1 with MagneRide. I had 7 inches of ground clearance in the front when stock and a little over 5 1/2 inches now with the handling pack and PP2 front splitter that I added to the car.

Overall, I could feel that the car is lower right away just leaving the dealership. Normal mode feels the same as stock to me. Not much different. Sport mode does feel slightly firmer/tighter but also smoother than before if that makes any sense. To me, ride comfort is actually improved over stock. I am guessing that is due to the new calibration. To me it feels smoother over bumps in the road. I thought the car felt a little stiff and bumpy in sport mode with the stock setup. You can really feel the difference over stock when accelerating while turning the wheel, just to switch lanes or around a turn. The car feels planted and I don't feel the car lean/flex, which I noticed a little when stock. It definitely feels tighter all around. I did not test out Track mode. To me this upgrade is worth it for the calibration alone. I am also shocked that this kit improved both handling AND ride comfort in my car. It's hard to describe how nice it feels now. Crazy.

I need to wash the car this weekend and take some better pictures but for now please enjoy these crappy iPhone pictures in my dimly lit parking garage. Had to really crank up the brightness on these.

fullsizeoutput_f02.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f05.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f08.jpeg
Now that you have had this on the car for a while what are your impressions? I have the kit on the way to be installed asap

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Now that you have had this on the car for a while what are your impressions? I have the kit on the way to be installed asap
See my update post a few posts up. Make sure the sway bars are both installed in the softer setting. Mine was installed with the rear bar in the stiff setting, which caused it to feel pretty harsh on rough roads. Also make sure the installer uses up to date alignment specs. These two things made a huge difference in how the car feels. Now it’s much more comfortable to drive and the handling is great!

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
See my update post a few posts up. Make sure the sway bars are both installed in the softer setting. Mine was installed with the rear bar in the stiff setting, which caused it to feel pretty harsh on rough roads. Also make sure the installer uses up to date alignment specs. These two things made a huge difference in how the car feels. Now it’s much more comfortable to drive and the handling is great!
Thanks

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Had mine on for a week now and have done a few drives on the river road. Not a smooth surface...some nice corners. Very impressed on the handling. Planted and flat going through the corners on sport and track. Just amazing! The ride is plenty comfortable also on sport. The drop is just right...functional...not flash. Money well spent!
Did a live chat with ford performance and they told me to use the pp1 alignment like stock. Tues i will have the dealer align my car.
20200519_183415.jpg
20200519_183351.jpg

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Had mine on for a week now and have done a few drives on the river road. Not a smooth surface...some nice corners. Very impressed on the handling. Planted and flat going through the corners on sport and track. Just amazing! The ride is plenty comfortable also on sport. The drop is just right...functional...not flash. Money well spent!
Did a live chat with ford performance and they told me to use the pp1 alignment like stock. Tues i will have the dealer align my car.
20200519_183415.jpg
20200519_183351.jpg
I have a question for you all. The m-9602-m flashes the magnaride to adjust to the springs...sways to the same as the pp2 and gt350 cars. But what is this upgrade? Besides great. A pp2.. or gt350 suspension. Or what?

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for you all. The m-9602-m flashes the magnaride to adjust to the springs...sways to the same as the pp2 and gt350 cars. But what is this upgrade? Besides great. A pp2.. or gt350 suspension. Or what?
My thoughts are its an upgrade for gt , gt350 and pp2 as far as springs and sways. The gt350 and pp2 must already have the magnaride specs hence the disclaimer on kit.
Sponsored