Sponsored

A couple of questions about procharger and knock

kstarnes72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT with Performance package
I have a car with procharger p1sc1 with long tubes and gt350 intake and throttle body and two data logs within 10 minutes of one another one shows knock and the other does not. Any ideas? Also vehicle seems to seem little lazy until 3k rpm's ( I know this is when boost kicks in) could this be IRMC valves? I have a plug on irmc fitting now.

Here are links to data logs
https://datazap.me/u/kstarnes72/log-1580338733?log=0&data=12
https://datazap.me/u/kstarnes72/log-1580338733?log=1&data=12

It is lund tuned

Thanks
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Check typical false knock culprits. What fuel you running?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
93 octane fuel, where are areas to look for possible false knock on procharger install.
Look for false knock culprits in general. They are none that are procharger specific that I know of.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Charge piping hitting body of car, intercooler hitting/rubbing body, ac line on headers....

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Check in youtube alejandro flores aka yolo
He has done a video talking about this issue.
Good luck

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
MAF signal looks very erratic. I would check your BOV for proper operation and routing of the vaccum lines to it. Definitely look into getting prochargers new MAF tube and moving it out of the intercooler if thats where you currently have it.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/procharger-maf-location-why-the-change.123137/

For any consistent results you need a consistent MAF signal. You will need more revisions from Lund, but it will be worth it.

Last edited:

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Is 21ish degrees of timing a little much for just 93 octane?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I assumed you were talking wide open and at high RPM.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Guys the load is bearly higher than NA all the way to about 6000rpm, then only peaks at 1.3, the timing is where it should be. IMRC stuck closed could be causing this, but its not in the log, so who knows with out physically checking operation.

I still say MAF signal is the root problem.

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Guys the load is bearly higher than NA all the way to about 6000rpm, then only peaks at 1.3, the timing is where it should be. IMRC stuck closed could be causing this, but its not in the log, so who knows with out physically checking operation.

I still say MAF signal is the root problem.
I see that now on the load. like you said maybe IMRC

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
First thing to do IMHO is to add octane boost to a tank of fuel. Drive the car for about 30 miles to ensure you have good octane fuel reaching the engine. Then datalog again. This will show you if you have bad fuel so you can then move on.

Five things I have found tuners like to point to during a remote tuning session if problems arise.

1.) Bad gas
2.) Sprak plug blow out (gapped wrong or weak plugs)
3.) MAF
4.) TB issues
5.) Hydrocarbon issues (oil getting into the intake from the PCV line.

Four of the five can be eliminated before tuning even starts. 1.) Add a can of octane boost (tuners preference) to the tank 2.) A new set of plugs properly gapped. Use tuner preference in brand and gap to their specification. 3.) Clean the MAF. 4.) Clean the TB (remove and clean). 5.) With the intake removed inspect as well as possible for oil in the intake or common plenum areas (depending on centri or pd setup).

Number 5 may require pulling the head unit on a PD setup and if oil migration has made its way into the intercooler portion of the intake you are going to be pulling the intake and splitting it to clean all that up. Been there done that. A $125 catch can on the passenger side which is usually the culprit side will minimize this early on.

Addressing these items before a first time tune and then going through the MAF, checking a plug or two, inspecting the TB, and adding a can of booster before retuning for mods always expedites things. Tuners are VERY appreciative when things like this are addressed before beginning as well. Remember you aren't their only customer AND YOU ARE THEIR EYES.

The timing at WOT seems more like the timing you would expect to see on E-85 rather than 93 octane straight. Sure you didn't load a race tune that was meant for only being run with an additive? Trims all look EXCELLENT! AFR is right on at .78 Lambda on both banks in both logs. The knock is there in log two but its not massive. But it does need to be addressed regardless.

OP
OP

kstarnes72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT with Performance package
First thing to do IMHO is to add octane boost to a tank of fuel. Drive the car for about 30 miles to ensure you have good octane fuel reaching the engine. Then datalog again. This will show you if you have bad fuel so you can then move on.

Five things I have found tuners like to point to during a remote tuning session if problems arise.

1.) Bad gas
2.) Sprak plug blow out (gapped wrong or weak plugs)
3.) MAF
4.) TB issues
5.) Hydrocarbon issues (oil getting into the intake from the PCV line.

Four of the five can be eliminated before tuning even starts. 1.) Add a can of octane boost (tuners preference) to the tank 2.) A new set of plugs properly gapped. Use tuner preference in brand and gap to their specification. 3.) Clean the MAF. 4.) Clean the TB (remove and clean). 5.) With the intake removed inspect as well as possible for oil in the intake or common plenum areas (depending on centri or pd setup).

Number 5 may require pulling the head unit on a PD setup and if oil migration has made its way into the intercooler portion of the intake you are going to be pulling the intake and splitting it to clean all that up. Been there done that. A $125 catch can on the passenger side which is usually the culprit side will minimize this early on.

Addressing these items before a first time tune and then going through the MAF, checking a plug or two, inspecting the TB, and adding a can of booster before retuning for mods always expedites things. Tuners are VERY appreciative when things like this are addressed before beginning as well. Remember you aren't their only customer AND YOU ARE THEIR EYES.

The timing at WOT seems more like the timing you would expect to see on E-85 rather than 93 octane straight. Sure you didn't load a race tune that was meant for only being run with an additive? Trims all look EXCELLENT! AFR is right on at .78 Lambda on both banks in both logs. The knock is there in log two but its not massive. But it does need to be addressed regardless.
Sponsored