New Mustang! Better late than never...

Velocity 5.0L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2019 Mustang GT
Hey Guys! I never got around to posting my special ordered mustang that was delivered in July 2019.. reason for my "better late than never" thread title. Thought I would share some pictures of my car!

It is a 2019 Mustang GT performance pack 1, with the show stopper red interior and velocity blue paint (license plate also gives that away). Funny story, when I went to the dealership to get pricing and the order placed, everyone thought I was crazy going with the red interior/velocity paint combination. Fast forward to it being delivered, everyone was surprised with how it turned out and seemed to love it. This isn't a GT350/500 but to me it's the perfect car and I plan to keep it for a very long time.

When I went to pick it up after finishing the paper work, I was pretty disappointed they forgot to follow my request about leaving the front license plate bracket off as I planned to install the sto'n'sho kit. When I started it up and took it for a test drive with my dad, my disappointment vanished and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face from the sound, and how it drove!
upload_2020-1-29_11-14-1.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-17-6.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-17-20.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-17-42.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-18-40.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-19-4.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-19-16.png

upload_2020-1-29_11-32-26.png

Before the winter I had my car undercoated with just the spray, no holes were drilled into the car as it won't be seeing any winter roads but just give it that extra protection. I'm pretty sure the other customers waiting for their cars to be undercoated thought I was nuts standing there watching my car like a hawk while it was on the hoist lol.
upload_2020-1-29_11-24-14.png

My car is now with it's new friends, sleeping away like a bear in hibernation until spring lol. If cars could talk I can only imagine the stories that would be shared in that room.
upload_2020-1-29_11-26-42.png
View attachment 431849
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Red seats in a blue car. Interesting.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Red seats in a blue car. Interesting.
You know, I love red interiors, but I've always said when combined with a neutral color, black/white/gray/silver, and for non-neutral colors stock with black (i.e., red, orange, blue, yellow). But I've gotten to where I really dig on the red interior with blue, very specifically, the lighter/medium blues (like the OP's car). There's a convertible/cab M car I see around here all the time, color is very close, and they've got red seating/interior, and I totally dig on it.

It's a nice contrast, there's not too much red, there's other small red elements (like the Brembo logo) ... plus it reminds me of Superman :D

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Congrats! Beautiful car! I would have raised holy hell had the dealer done that to my bumper. I see you're a fellow Ontarian. I insisted on having that stipulated on the paperwork. The licence bracket was not to be installed and the car was not to be detailed. Two of the best decisions I made during the purchase. My car was ready for pickup without a swirl mark or scratch on it and a pristine bumper to boot. I keep my front plate and bracket on the floor in the back seat. Got pulled over once for "ahem...going too fast" and the officer never made comment on the missing plate. The only thing he said was "Those are really nice wheels".

Clever licence plate by the way. :sunglasses:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Congrats OP good choice of car and colours all around! I don't know if I'd want V5LOCITY on my plate when a cop pulled me over though LOL. Oddly enough my dealer offered to leave the front plate bracket off in case I wanted to get an aftermarket stowaway one but I decided to just let them put the bracket on. I don't even notice the plate there anymore now.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nice!

I almost ordered my '15 in the Superman scheme, but I found Deep Impact Blue to be a little too purple for my liking in some light. If Kona had been available on non-LE '15s I'd be rocking it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats on the new S540 and cool color combo - probably not many built like that either.

Where is the car stored, is that your hangar or is that a facility that rents storage space for performance cars or something?

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That night pic is awesome. I'm not a red nor VB fan but together, I'm digging the Superman thing. Would've never thought of it. Congrats.

OP
OP
Velocity 5.0L

Velocity 5.0L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Beautiful car! I would have raised holy hell had the dealer done that to my bumper. I see you're a fellow Ontarian. I insisted on having that stipulated on the paperwork. The licence bracket was not to be installed and the car was not to be detailed. Two of the best decisions I made during the purchase. My car was ready for pickup without a swirl mark or scratch on it and a pristine bumper to boot. I keep my front plate and bracket on the floor in the back seat. Got pulled over once for "ahem...going too fast" and the officer never made comment on the missing plate. The only thing he said was "Those are really nice wheels".

Clever licence plate by the way. :sunglasses:
I'm glad they followed your request of no front license plate bracket! It sucks and I thought about raising the issue but I waited long enough for delivery of the car I didn't want to wait any longer for them to get an entire new bumper and have them mess anything up/scratch it. My dad just picked up a couple hole plugs from Lowes on his way home from work for under 5$ and I painted them with matching velocity touch up paint and its hardly noticeable where the holes were.

I was thinking of keeping the front plate off but a few of my friends have been pulled over for that reason, so I've just left it on lol. Maybe the officer who pulled you over is secretly a mustang fan :)

OP
OP
Velocity 5.0L

Velocity 5.0L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new S540 and cool color combo - probably not many built like that either.

Where is the car stored, is that your hangar or is that a facility that rents storage space for performance cars or something?
I have my car stored at a "professional" storage facility about an hour east. I wish those were all of my cars lol, they have a massive variety of classics like 1920/30's Jags and rolls Royce's to vipers/corvettes/mustangs etc. It's like a mini museum.

They also store boats/RV's on the main level (the cars are located on the second story of the facility).
Sponsored