Sponsored

Is this the fastest stock GT500?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
This is with the crate parts right? Would you consider it fair if the gt500 got these same exact parts? Obviously instead of the ecu replacement the gt500 would get a tune which is right around the same gain of 40hp.
Fair? Yes. Stock? No. By all means I think It would be fair and what's more I would love to see that race. A gt500 with skinnies, drag tires, one seat, and a 40-50 hp tune. That would like you said be a fair race. I fully agree that the demon has an unfair advantage as it's set up for the 1/4 mile, however the gt500 has an unfair advantage over hellcats and demons on a road course, I think we should love both cars for what they can do not hate on the other because it's better in some area than ours.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Fastest stock power car on stock tires is 9.68, fastest stock power car with a wheel and tire swap is 9.57, fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped plus a light battery is 9.55, and the fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped with a striped interior is 9.50 at 141.

I can post links to all these if you don’t believe me.
Well I’ve never ran across a driver that had a fastest BS record of any kind on Friday night grudge racing. As a matter of fact. It’s very rare to see a demon run a 9 anything. More often then not. They are a low 10 second car. Again real world racing at Atco. Not internet racing where these mystical mid 9 second monsters abound.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I’ve never ran across a driver that had a fastest BS record of any kind on Friday night grudge racing. As a matter of fact. It’s very rare to see a demon run a 9 anything. More often then not. They are a low 10 second car. Again real world racing at Atco. Not internet racing where these mystical mid 9 second monsters abound.
Very true these runs are not what most drivers can do, great DA, great prep and tons of practice in your car. The guy who ran the 9.55 has over 1000 passes on the car. Only thing that has broken so far is the diff, that happened at around 600 passes I believe. So yes your point is very valid.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Good god, what a cluster this thread has turned into.

First, what are aftermarket parts?

"The definition of aftermarket parts is replacement parts that are made by a company other than the car's original manufacturer."

As shown previously in this thread, Dodge states in the owner's manual that the Demon crate is considered aftermarket.

The GT500 of which this thread was originally intended to discuss is using an aftermarket resonator delete.

Both the GT500 in the video and a Demon utilizing the crate parts are using aftermarket parts.

Next, what is a stock car?

"A stock car, in the original sense of the term, is an automobile that has not been modified from its original factory configuration."

The Demon does not leave the factory with aftermarket front wheels & tires and the upgraded PCM capable of making 840 horsepower on race gas. These aftermarket parts must be installed onto the Demon in lieu of factory, stock parts.

The GT500 leaves the factory with all seats and a resonated exhaust.

The GT500 in the video and a Demon with crate parts are both not stock cars due to the installation of aftermarket parts.

Still waiting to see a stock GT500 and a stock Demon (again, no crate parts) go at it on the drag strip. One comparison with professionals and another with average joes.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I don’t seem to be getting many likes.

Soft crying noises.
You come in here to the GT500 thread without owning one or planning on it and start arguing bullshit Demon aftermarket semantics and you won’t make many friends or get any likes. LOL

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You come in here to the GT500 thread without owning one or planning on it and start arguing bullshit Demon aftermarket semantics and you won’t make many friends or get any likes. LOL
It was a joke.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's any consolation I'm a fan of They Drive by Night and On Dangerous Ground ...
Just watched an Ida movie last night.

You could not have said anything better to me about yourself. In fact you might now be the best guy on here.

THANKS! Have a great rest of the week.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good god, what a cluster this thread has turned into.

First, what are aftermarket parts?

"The definition of aftermarket parts is replacement parts that are made by a company other than the car's original manufacturer."

As shown previously in this thread, Dodge states in the owner's manual that the Demon crate is considered aftermarket.

The GT500 of which this thread was originally intended to discuss is using an aftermarket resonator delete.

Both the GT500 in the video and a Demon utilizing the crate parts are using aftermarket parts.

Next, what is a stock car?

"A stock car, in the original sense of the term, is an automobile that has not been modified from its original factory configuration."

The Demon does not leave the factory with aftermarket front wheels & tires and the upgraded PCM capable of making 840 horsepower on race gas. These aftermarket parts must be installed onto the Demon in lieu of factory, stock parts.

The GT500 leaves the factory with all seats and a resonated exhaust.

The GT500 in the video and a Demon with crate parts are both not stock cars due to the installation of aftermarket parts.

Still waiting to see a stock GT500 and a stock Demon (again, no crate parts) go at it on the drag strip. One comparison with professionals and another with average joes.
Your quote, “The definition of aftermarket parts is replacement parts that are made by a company other than the cars original manufacturer” That definitely does not fit the crate. It was designed and made 100% OEM. Even the aftermarket dodge page posted to prove me wrong calls it the very first oem aftermarket, Dodges cute way of telling you it’s really stock. Here it is.

“For the first time ever, Dodge offers a fully OEM developed bolt on drag strip performance package as an aftermarket option for your Dodge Challenger SRT Demon”

Take out the word aftermarket and read it like that,

By your own comment the demon crate is not aftermarket.