Sponsored

Is this the fastest stock GT500?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
You guys crack me up.
Dodhe record is 10.4, because that is stock. Crate parts are 1-dodge stated aftermarket, 2 not street legal (which is EXACTLY why it MUSTbe called aftermarket by dodge)
If you remove the street legal part, then the cobrajet becomes part of the contest

Btw, every car can run on race gas and be sold, a car cannot be sold that CAN ONLY run on race gas.

Face it, gt500 is the new king.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7000-M8S According to you guys if you bought this to put in you gt350 because your trans blows, then your car would no longer be stock. Ford says ALL Ford Performance parts are AFTERMARKET! If you say the crate is aftermarket and not stock then by default you must also say the same about this.
Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice way of not addressing the comment, but I have to admit that’s a good meme, well played.

Look guys it’s not the world here it’s just some cool cars, there are many more important things don’t take this too seriously.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Hey I get it, it’s hard for you guys to except the crate as stock when Dodge themselves gives you a easy way out by calling the crate aftermarket. I understand your side and I really didn’t think I would change anyone’s mind. I see it on all the forums, hate for the gt500 on the dodge forums and hate for the demon on the Ford forums. Have a good day.
I hate to nitpick, but they did not accept the crate as stock. The way you have spelled actually hurt your case. Definitions need to be taken into account here.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad, this iPad likes to put words in for me, I must have edited half my posts. Sorry about that. I am a bad speller, but not quite that bad.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Next time I race a Demon which (hopefully be never because he will murder me). I will sure ask if he has the Crate mod!!!!

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
At the end of the day I’m not that caring about what you guys think, The demon was certified stock by the NHRA, the most prominent drag racing group in the country.
Great, now you can piss off. I’m sure most here give zero fucks what you care about.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Next time I race a Demon which (hopefully be never because he will murder me). I will sure ask if he has the Crate mod!!!!
Their easy enough to win against. Ain't no private owner running a 9.65.:wink:

OP
OP
SergeyMelnik

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's all just semantics. Seat removed from mustang is not stock but seat removed from demon is. Replacing ecu and switching to race fuel is stock on demon but is a mod for the mustang. Who cares.

Why not ignore all that and race the cars exactly the same way?

How about a non crate demon with full interior, so no ecu upgrade, no race fuel, no drag pack vs a bone stock gt500. Will the demon even hit a 9.9? I'll bet most people will be doing mid to high 10s.

Now let's race a demon with all "aftermarket" or whatever upgrades from the crate, passenger seat removed and all vs a gt500 with the exact same mods. Give it the e85 tune, add the drag pack, remove seat. Let's make it even. Demon owners wouldn't complain right? I mean seems pretty fair to me. I'll bet money both cars will run very very close times.

It's just funny to me you have people like Demonlogy running a "stock" demon and if you read the comments under his youtube vids his fans defend his car with a passion saying its stock but now a gt500 has a seat removed and a resonator delete all on a stock tune on 93 and stock tires yet suddenly it's no longer stock. Sure it's not stock but it is "demon" stock.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
It's all just semantics. Seat removed from mustang is not stock but seat removed from demon is. Replacing ecu and switching to race fuel is stock on demon but is a mod for the mustang. Who cares.
At the Stop-light Grand Prix across America nobody "really" cares at least IMO. Two bad-ass cars that get the job done in a different way. I still think the GT500 is the baddest of the bad though IMO of course...:rockon:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I guess these are the facts, go to your local ford dealer,buy a 2020 Shelbygt500,remove the resonator(not really necessary for performance)remove the seats(very little performance advantage)take it to your local drag way and run 10.50 ET.End Of Story.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Why not ignore all that and race the cars exactly the same way?

How about a non crate demon with full interior, so no ecu upgrade, no race fuel, no drag pack vs a bone stock gt500. Will the demon even hit a 9.9? I'll bet most people will be doing mid to high 10s.

Now let's race a demon with all "aftermarket" or whatever upgrades from the crate, passenger seat removed and all vs a gt500 with the exact same mods. Give it the e85 tune, add the drag pack, remove seat. Let's make it even. Demon owners wouldn't complain right? I mean seems pretty fair to me. I'll bet money both cars will run very very close times.

It's just funny to me you have people like Demonlogy running a "stock" demon and if you read the comments under his youtube vids his fans defend his car with a passion saying its stock but now a gt500 has a seat removed and a resonator delete all on a stock tune on 93 and stock tires yet suddenly it's no longer stock. Sure it's not stock but it is "demon" stock.
In the grand scheme of things. Who gives a f#$k? Unless your some youtuber claiming the worlds fastest title. Does it matter out in the real world? I can post videos of me beating zo6 corvettes in a bolt on car that trapped 116. Drag racing is about who gets to the finish line first. Not who gets there the fastest. I look at this stock vs stockish argument. In the same way the Olympics looks at blood doping. Your just injectiong your own blood back into your body. But according to the Olympic committee. It gives you an unfair advantage. The same way removing weight will give one car a slight advantage over another. So for magazine racers. It needs to be as fair as possible. In the real world where I race. You either get to the finish line first or you lose!

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their easy enough to win against. Ain't no private owner running a 9.65.:wink:
Fastest stock power car on stock tires is 9.68, fastest stock power car with a wheel and tire swap is 9.57, fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped plus a light battery is 9.55, and the fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped with a striped interior is 9.50 at 141.

I can post links to all these if you don’t believe me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Striped interior makes the car go faster? What if you have a stripe delete car, would it be even faster than that?

OP
OP
SergeyMelnik

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Fastest stock power car on stock tires is 9.68, fastest stock power car with a wheel and tire swap is 9.57, fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped plus a light battery is 9.55, and the fastest stock power car with wheels and tires swapped with a striped interior is 9.50 at 141.

I can post links to all these if you don’t believe me.
This is with the crate parts right? Would you consider it fair if the gt500 got these same exact parts? Obviously instead of the ecu replacement the gt500 would get a tune which is right around the same gain of 40hp.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Striped interior makes the car go faster? What if you have a stripe delete car, would it be even faster than that?

I heard a flowered interior is even faster ... ! Plus, it's __also__ striped, holy hell, I bet that's the interior of an 8-second street car !

sunflower-striped-pattern-print-universal-fit-car-seat-covers-4_2048x2048.jpg
Sponsored