2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
then probably the other factors. what is your production number?
Customer order cars can be placed 10-19.
Stock order is 20-80. Any dealer can do it.

What you overpaid on the car doesn’t matter to Ford either. The regional reps and Ford determine when an allocation is pulled. I’m sure they favor dealers based on sales volume and some other behind the scenes stuff. Which makes a limited run car like this frustrating to deal with since some dealers can get multiple cars within the first run while smaller dealers can’t even get in on the second run.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
How?? People who ordered 8 months ago don’t even have a VIN yet
It might have been a converted dealer ordered car.
To have number 0344, it seems like they had to have already had the vin before you even ordered.
0344 was the order number, not the chassis number.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
Customer order cars can be placed 10-19.
Stock order is 20-80. Any dealer can do it.

What you overpaid on the car doesn’t matter to Ford either. The regional reps and Ford determine when an allocation is pulled. I’m sure they favor dealers based on sales volume and some other behind the scenes stuff. Which makes a limited run car like this frustrating to deal with since some dealers can get multiple cars within the first run while smaller dealers can’t even get in on the second run.
I did't say overpaying mattered to FORD, but it most certainly matters to the dealer, and it's the dealer who submits the order. that's where I believe the "favors", good-ol boy stuff comes in. My dealer told me that his Ford rep "did him a solid and moved me up." I didn't expect it to me this much. exasperating to be sure. don't forget, these are numbers I've been spouted. I'll let you know when keys actually in hand.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Can you track an order number? I just committed to a local GT500 and the print out I was given has an order number on it 4861 order type 2. No vin or priority code on this print out. Was told mid February eta...hence why I jumped on it. 3 weeks is right around the corner...unless it isn’t true lol.

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Can you track an order number? I just committed to a local GT500 and the print out I was given has an order number on it 4861 order type 2. No vin or priority code on this print out. Was told mid February eta...hence why I jumped on it. 3 weeks is right around the corner...unless it isn’t true lol.

Scott
I can't track anything without a VIN. The only people that can are the dealer who sold the car and Ford Performance. 800-367-3788 Option 1. You will need the order number and the dealer code. these will be on the VOC or DORA.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I can't track anything without a VIN. The only people that can are the dealer who sold the car and Ford Performance. 800-367-3788 Option 1. You will need the order number and the dealer code. these will be on the VOC or DORA.
Ok thank you!

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)

Scott
My local dealer in October said my order would get "picked up" in December.... and my florida dealer (ordered in aug) told me it'd be available for delivery by April no doubt... both are still unsked material hold.

Ford Performance though has shot straight with me from the start so I wouldn't trust anything any dealer says.

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
My local dealer in October said my order would get "picked up" in December.... and my florida dealer (ordered in aug) told me it'd be available for delivery by April no doubt... both are still unsked material hold.

Ford Performance though has shot straight with me from the start so I wouldn't trust anything any dealer says.
Agreed...had a really nice long conversation with FP this morning after hearing Ford was on a “freeze” and then seeing 36 VINs released :computerrage:. Tony was genuine and answered all my questions that he could and was upfront about those he couldn’t and explained why he couldn’t answer those. And he was upfront with me on when I should be concerned.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
It seems Production is really picking up. I sure hope the build to delivery times come down.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
It seems Production is really picking up. I sure hope the build to delivery times come down.
Production doesn't start back up for the base car until Feb 3 and for the CFTP car sometime in March. No cars have been produced since the end of Dec.

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Snoopy, just talked to Noah at FP. He told me 1296 is now scheduled to the day of 2/4! Told me I should check back at the end of the week to confirm, but it’s looking good!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Snoopy, just talked to Noah at FP. He told me 1296 is now scheduled to the day of 2/4! Told me I should check back at the end of the week to confirm, but it’s looking good!
That's good new, a 10 day jump in the right direction. I will let you know if I see any changes.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I just called FP and gave them the order# and dealer name. He said scheduled build date is 2/19...so quite a bit different then “deliver” date of mid February. Could have been a miscommunication between me and the dealership. I guess mid March to mid April. I also asked the dealership if the order can be modified to tweak the order to my exact specs...he said it was locked. I preferred blue stripes over white instead of no stripes and a black roof. Still will be bad ass!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
ATTTENTION:
Can everyone on the list please contact your dealer or Noah at Ford Performance (800-367-3788 Option 1) and see what your latest build week or day is, so I can update the list with the most current information.
Thanks
Earl