Sponsored

Advanti HY Hybris or Aodhan Ds02. Which one would you pick?

Slayer_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Mustang
I have a 2017 EcoBoost non performance package. Years ago when I was looking at aftermarket wheels I knew nothing about weight and the difference it makes in the performance of the car. With that being said, I ended up with 20" staggered niche carini mi85's. They weigh about 38 pounds each which is way too heavy for my liking. I'm looking for a lightweight wheel preferably 19" and settled on the hybris or the aodhans. However each has issues.

I want a square setup and the hybris only come with a 40mm offset for the size I want. In addition I'd need a spacer to use the center cap.

The aodhan DS02 in 19" only come in a 22mm offset, which I've read is way too large for an s550. The 18" comes in a 30mm offset but Idk if an 18" wheel would look as good.

The hybris are lighter but cost more than the ds02. And the aodhans are more affordable but I'd have to buy them in 18" instead of 19". What do you guys reccomend?
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Hands down, the Advanti HY Hybris. Light and sexy as hell!

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I think that silver would go very well with lightning blue (amazing color btw), but I really like dark wheels on the S550. So, my vote would be for black.

Here are a few examples of the Hybris wheels:

OP
OP
Slayer_s550

Slayer_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Mustang
I think that silver would go very well with lightning blue (amazing color btw), but I really like dark wheels on the S550. So, my vote would be for black.

Here are a few examples of the Hybris wheels:

That does look good. My set now is staggered so I think I want to go square with these. My only hesitation is having to use a spacer for the fronts to get the center cap on

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a 2017 EcoBoost non performance package. Years ago when I was looking at aftermarket wheels I knew nothing about weight and the difference it makes in the performance of the car. With that being said, I ended up with 20" staggered niche carini mi85's. They weigh about 38 pounds each which is way too heavy for my liking. I'm looking for a lightweight wheel preferably 19" and settled on the hybris or the aodhans. However each has issues.

I want a square setup and the hybris only come with a 40mm offset for the size I want. In addition I'd need a spacer to use the center cap.

The aodhan DS02 in 19" only come in a 22mm offset, which I've read is way too large for an s550. The 18" comes in a 30mm offset but Idk if an 18" wheel would look as good.

The hybris are lighter but cost more than the ds02. And the aodhans are more affordable but I'd have to buy them in 18" instead of 19". What do you guys reccomend?

I have a set of VMR V710 on my GT PP2. The front wheel is 19 x 9.5 ET22. I do not agree that a 22 mm offset will not work. It works great on my car. I use them for my winter tires Blizzak LM-32 in a 275/35R19.
IMG_7165.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG

Now, I would not use it on the rear b/c it will stick out some. I had a OEM PP2 wheel where they mounted a 19x10.5 ET24 on the rear and this is what it looked like. they stuck out about 1.2". If you got a smaller width wheel, it could work.
IMG_6897.JPG

That said, I was under the impression, and you would have to check, that a 35mm offset would work all around without spacers.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I have Advantis, the Svelto in titanium mirror finish. They've held up to northern potholes for 3 years and look great with lightning blue.

OP
OP
Slayer_s550

Slayer_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Mustang
I have a set of VMR V710 on my GT PP2. The front wheel is 19 x 9.5 ET22. I do not agree that a 22 mm offset will not work. It works great on my car. I use them for my winter tires Blizzak LM-32 in a 275/35R19.
IMG_7165.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG

Now, I would not use it on the rear b/c it will stick out some. I had a OEM PP2 wheel where they mounted a 19x10.5 ET24 on the rear and this is what it looked like. they stuck out about 1.2". If you got a smaller width wheel, it could work.
IMG_6897.JPG

That said, I was under the impression, and you would have to check, that a 35mm offset would work all around without spacers.
Thanks for the information about your setup it was actually really helpful. And a 35mm offset does work fine without spacers since that's what I'm running right now. However the hybris only come in a 40mm offset. And to fit the 9.5 on the front you'd have to leave the center cap off unless you add a spacer. My one concern is the 40mm being too tucked in.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
When I was looking at wheels, these were my thoughts.

I was thinking about a perfectly square setup. The base GT has it that way but not really. They still, if I recall correctly, have different offsets front and rear. I will double check this but I thought this was the case.

Most of the other variants of Mustang do not have the same front and back. From my understanding this is done for handling reasons. I do have a PP2 so handling is important to me. To me, a car first has to perform well and look good second. Anything that takes away from the first is a no go. That is me and always works into my decisions with the car. Changing the offset without adjusting with spacers will change the scrum radius, affect spring and sway bar stiffness, steering feel/effort and track width slightly depending on how much you do. On some, a little is a lot.

If the scrub radius is changed, I do not know if you realize, the tire will wear differently from stock. Any deviation from neutral increases wear. Granted that is only on the front but you are using the rear for power so they will get their own wear from that. This is not like a front wheel drive where only one set of tires is doing both steering and driving the car forward. I am not saying that a rear drive car is more even or will be even. I am only saying that it is better than a front drive car.

Is there really anything wrong with replacing just two tires? This is not an all wheel drive car where their tread depth needs to be close to one another. There is also another option. Replace all four tires and take the two lightly worn ones and put them in the garage. When two tires of the second set wear out, put the two back on from the garage and you are even again.

I read that spacers are not as safe as without and adjusting offset. I question this myself since so many are using them and I really have not heard of them failing but I guess they can

For me, rotating tires was less important. If it was , Ford would have built the car where the suspension would have been square without the need to change offset.

These were my thoughts when I looked at wheels. In the end, I hope you get a great set of wheels and enjoy the car more. All the best in your wheel search.
Sponsored