Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Awesome. Wait until the tuners crack the DCT. I continue to wonder what the limit is there.....

Another vote for a Drag Pack version of the car with fewer road course goodies. Like base GT flair with the GT500 engine/trans and just a decent intercooler, nothing more.
Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I realize the performance that is still held back/not unlocked.
But then you may have transmission issues launching hard with 1.4 sixty foots.

Trust me, I hope to see a 8 second pass soon.
I just don’t think the transmission will take it.

Just saying for most people, voiding the warranty on this car is not a good idea.
Yep, just like paying a ADM it is a personal choice, I'm sure most people that modify are aware of the risks. Not sure what the next step will
be once the transmissions start going ?? any ideas

:like::clap:

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I realize the performance that is still held back/not unlocked.
But then you may have transmission issues launching hard with 1.4 sixty foots.

Trust me, I hope to see a 8 second pass soon.
I just don’t think the transmission will take it.

Just saying for most people, voiding the warranty on this car is not a good idea.
Yep, just like paying a ADM it is a personal choice, I'm sure most people that modify are aware of the risks. Not sure what the next step will
be once the transmissions start going ?? any ideas

:like::clap:
I agree, im ok with 10-15% more power down low, but thats max for me. I think people are going to learn the hard way that a dct is still a clutch trans, and will benefit from.a bias ply. The radials are gonna shock the thing so hard, something will break.

I may end doing BP on the drag pack 18s, since the r888r have done so.well for all around use

Dodson says they will have clutches by summer, but im.sure that depends on someone sending them a set

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I agree, im ok with 10-15% more power down low, but thats max for me. I think people are going to learn the hard way that a dct is still a clutch trans, and will benefit from.a bias ply. The radials are gonna shock the thing so hard, something will break.

I may end doing BP on the drag pack 18s, since the r888r have done so.well for all around use

Dodson says they will have clutches by summer, but im.sure that depends on someone sending them a set
The problem with running a bias ply in the rear without skinnies in front is you get a “death sway”.
It will be near impossible to find a skinny that will fit those huge front brakes.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The problem with running a bias ply in the rear without skinnies in front is you get a “death sway”.
It will be near impossible to find a skinny that will fit those huge front brakes.
Im not sure thats accurate, i know the sway issue, but IIRC, and could be corrected here, the sway is using BP up front, and radial rear

** edit.. it is R fr and BP rear, but its been blown out of proportion.. although ive never ran that way, the majority of complaints and cause for concern are at highway speeds/driving. but you are correct

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Im not sure thats accurate, i know the sway issue, but IIRC, and could be corrected here, the sway is using BP up front, and radial rear

** edit.. it is R fr and BP rear, but its been blown out of proportion.. although ive never ran that way, the majority of complaints and cause for concern are at highway speeds/driving. but you are correct
Alot of the sway is caused by upsetting the wieght on the rear tires when shifting. I would think the DCT shifts are quick enough to minimize that. Also the MT bias R's barely sway at all compared to Hoosiers. If running a bias skinny up front is not an option I would still try to run the skinniest radial possible.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

There is zero sway with a radial rear and bias ply front . My Hellion car traps 155 mph that way and it’s straight as an arrow .

I have run bias ply rears /wide radial fronts a few times at the drag strip, in a manual car trapping > 135 mph and I can assure you it can be terrifying .
May be it won’t be as bad as with an “auto” but I have never tried it .
I have heard some say the car is not actual swaying and it’s only a sensation but it sure feels like it .
If you are not used to it , driving instinct is to try to correct the sway which makes thing worse .
It’ called the “death sway “ for good reason .

Even with bias ply front you can still get some sway especially with low tire pressure in the rear but nothing like running a radial front .
I assume it will be less the skinnier the front radial.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is zero sway with a radial rear and bias ply front . My Hellion car traps 155 mph that way and it’s straight as an arrow .

I have run bias ply rears /wide radial fronts a few times at the drag strip, in a manual car trapping > 135 mph and I can assure you it can be terrifying .
May be it won’t be as bad as with an “auto” but I have never tried it .
I have heard some say the car is not actual swaying and it’s only a sensation but it sure feels like it .
If you are not used to it , driving instinct is to try to correct the sway which makes thing worse .
It’ called the “death sway “ for good reason .

Even with bias ply front you can still get some sway especially with low tire pressure in the rear but nothing like running a radial front .
I assume it will be less the skinnier the front radial.
but then again I may just be a wuss and don’t have balls of steel .
Lol

928dennis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2 mustangs
This makes me sleepy, next week 9.6's claiming a world record, How many countrys do you think these cars are sold in? With the technology today should we be surprised? 9.7 is fast but you can go to a dealer and buy a number of cars that will get you there if you have the pockets.I say congrats and lets move on.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
This makes me sleepy, next week 9.6's claiming a world record, How many countrys do you think these cars are sold in? With the technology today should we be surprised? 9.7 is fast but you can go to a dealer and buy a number of cars that will get you there if you have the pockets.I say congrats and lets move on.
Then why bother posting at all?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
There is none besides super cars.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
nicely done
Sponsored