NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Actually, the “official” trim designation for that car is 1LZ. The LT1 on the fender is just to denote the engine under the hood is an LT1. Yup, not confusing at all.

So now we have 1LT, which does not have an LT1, unless it’s a 1LZ, not to be confused with a ZL1.

Rule of thumb....If it begins with an L, it’s describing an engine. If it begins with a 1, 2, or 3, it’s a trim. If it begins with a Z, it’s either a suspension option or a performance model. And for the record, Z28 and ZL1 both started as special order performance suspension options that just became models. Same with Z06 and ZR1.
Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

Jeeze Chevy, I think your sales are down because your perspective customers can't figure out what the hell they're looking at, considering buying.

Sales person; "It's the 1LT, LT1, 1LZ, ZR1 with the Z51 package. Pretty nice isn't it?"

Customer looking at car;
3671126-download.jpg
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Jeeze Chevy, I think your sales are down because your perspective customers can't figure out what the hell they're looking at, considering buying.

Sales person; "It's the 1LT, LT1, 1LZ, ZR1 with the Z51 package. Pretty nice isn't it?"

Customer looking at car;
3671126-download.jpg
6 characters, that represent their entire fleet. (15ltzr)

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase

Customer looking at car;
3671126-download.jpg
Well, Mustang GT PP1 301A isn't the easiest to decipher

Hopefully there's some EB HPP vs turbo 1LE comparisons coming up. Stang will win overall due to the power advantage, I'm sure, but the handling comparison will be neat.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, Mustang GT PP1 301A isn't the easiest to decipher

Hopefully there's some EB HPP vs turbo 1LE comparisons coming up. Stang will win overall due to the power advantage, I'm sure, but the handling comparison will be neat.
I dunno, it's not that bad. GT is something not exclusive to Ford that every car person knows, PP1 actually stands for words, and 301A is a specific package. And really, the problem with the GM stuff is not so much the codes, it's number of similar codes. If there were GT PP1 301A and a GT 1PP 301A, and a GT 1PP 310A it would be more like the GM approach.

And I would also be interested in a 4cyl. 1LE/HPP comparison from these guys.

Sponsored

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
I watched this review the other day, and I must say i was impressed with the Camaro. Last i remember it uses the same 2.0L engine from the Euro Opel/Vauhaull OPC/VXR.
Was a potent engine for its time but i would have thought it would have been heavily outgunned by Fords 2.3L Ecoboost but the Camaro was able to hang in there, sure it lost but it was still decent.
Anyway, i wouldnt swap a Mustang for one, but i definately like the name more than "Ecoboost", as confusing as the naming on the Camaro's are its at least badass sounding.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
For me when it comes to these pony cars, I really don’t care how good they are on the inside, it’s how pretty they are on the outside that counts and the mustang steals my heart every time :crackup:
It's not about how fast you get there, it's about how good you look when you arrive, amirite? :like:

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Same when they compared the Kia Stinger and the 19 GT they said no matter how many times they ran the 2 the Stinger was faster 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. Thr comments on that video were pretty funny
This review seems to follow their general theme throughout the product line. One likes the Mustang, the other Camaro for almost all the same reasons, regardless of model/trim.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Same when they compared the Kia Stinger and the 19 GT they said no matter how many times they ran the 2 the Stinger was faster 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. Thr comments on that video were pretty funny
but it's a KIA! No red-blooded American would even entertain such a ridiculous notion.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children? :)

PS. oh wait, the kia does think of the children it has a back seat you can actually get in and out of without having to be short and flexible as Simone

PPS. and the Kia even comes with Michelin tires from the factory! (sorry, piggy-backing on the "tire snob" thread)

Last edited:

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
but it's a KIA! No red-blooded American would even entertain such a ridiculous notion.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children? :)

PS. oh wait, the kia does think of the children it has a back seat you can actually get in and out of without having to be short and flexible as Simone

PPS. and the Kia even comes with Michelin tires from the factory! (sorry, piggy-backing on the "tire snob" thread)
I like the Kia I think with some subtle redesigns and make it a coupe and drop a little weight in the process would be a pretty interesting car. Kia has come a long way though

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
make it a coupe and drop a little weight in the process would be a pretty interesting car. Kia has come a long way though
and apparently sells as badly as Camaros. leftover 2019 GT2 trim cars (a bunch) are marked down 26%.
Shares bolt-circle and offsets with Mustang so my wheels are portable within reason.