Are There any options you wish you had?

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
I was wondering are there any options that any GT350 owners miss that maybe their GT Premium had or previous car. I've narrowed my purchase down to either a Performance Blue 2019 GT350 for $65,670.00 OTD at a MSRP of $65,400 or Velocity Blue GT Premium/ Manual Optioned out EQUIPMENT GROUP 401A,FORD SAFE & SMART PACKAGE ,GT PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, ENHANCED SECURITY PACKAGE, ACTIVE VALVE PERFORMANCE EXH, AM/FM SINGLE CD AND HD RADIO B&O I may look for another that has Magneride, Is it really needed? Anyway the MSRP of the GT is $50,205.

I really haven't had a salesman that knows the ins and outs of each car, especially the difference in the instrument cluster one being just a little 4"square vs the massive 12" screen.
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The GT and 350 are quite different cars once you drive them. I suggest test drive both. The 350 does not have as much asthetic features as the GT. I wish my 350 had the digital dash though.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Agree. They are very different cars. Considering the GT350 is more driver focused, it has some creature comforts and safety features, but not as many as the GT can be packaged with, such as digital dash and configurable interior lighting. For me there are two misses. The GT350 does not have fog lights and neither car have surround view cameras (which for wheel and splitter protection are a crime).

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
yeah, you need to test drive both. I just went through this a few months ago. In the end I just felt the GT was geared more towards my and my family's) usage over the next few years than the GT350. If it was a car for me and only me I'd have the color GT350 you are looking at.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I did that exact same test drive a few weeks ago - looked at the GT Premium PP2 versus the GT350. I did like the digital dash that the GT had, as well as a few of the other creature comfort options. The GT is a fantastic car, though I would recommend looking at Magnaride. Having that option is probably worth finding a different GT, or at least test driving one with it to see.

All that said, this was my weekend fun car and there was no question in my mind that the GT350 was what I wanted. You might make a different choice - totally up to you. But definitely drive both and think about it.

Sponsored

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
50K for the Premium GT is way to much. I ordered a GT Premium w/ Magnaride for 47K and with X plan pricing it was 45K OTD. I figured that the GT Premium w/ Magnaride was a good compromise between a GT and a GT350without really breaking the bank. I drove a GT350 the day I ordered the GT Premium and it's a completely different car as mentioned above. The feel of the GT350 is far more refined than the GT. So it all depends on what you want in the car. As for the options I wish the GT350 had.....I can't really think of any I cannot live without. The car to me is perfect. IMHO the BO system is not as good as an aftermarket setup for half the price. Magnaride is really good. My line of thought was get all the creature comforts of the GT Premuim and upgrade with aftermarket. But I found a GT350 I could afford and decided that the extra money for the GT350 was well worth it for a vehicle that really doesn't need much. It's perfect. I'll never out drive this car.

Keep in mind that you can find leather seats like what's in the Premium and sell the Recaros if you wish.

If you can swing the GT350.......get that over the GT 5.0 PP2 w/ Magnaride.

OP
OP
NC252

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
I did that exact same test drive a few weeks ago - looked at the GT Premium PP2 versus the GT350. I did like the digital dash that the GT had, as well as a few of the other creature comfort options. The GT is a fantastic car, though I would recommend looking at Magnaride. Having that option is probably worth finding a different GT, or at least test driving one with it to see.

All that said, this was my weekend fun car and there was no question in my mind that the GT350 was what I wanted. You might make a different choice - totally up to you. But definitely drive both and think about it.
I did want to test drive a GT with magneride and without to see if you could really tell a difference. This purchase will not be a daily driver for me, just something to take out for a spirited drive on weekends.

50K for the Premium GT is way to much. I ordered a GT Premium w/ Magnaride for 47K and with X plan pricing it was 45K OTD. I figured that the GT Premium w/ Magnaride was a good compromise between a GT and a GT350without really breaking the bank. I drove a GT350 the day I ordered the GT Premium and it's a completely different car as mentioned above. The feel of the GT350 is far more refined than the GT. So it all depends on what you want in the car. As for the options I wish the GT350 had.....I can't really think of any I cannot live without. The car to me is perfect. IMHO the BO system is not as good as an aftermarket setup for half the price. Magnaride is really good. My line of thought was get all the creature comforts of the GT Premuim and upgrade with aftermarket. But I found a GT350 I could afford and decided that the extra money for the GT350 was well worth it for a vehicle that really doesn't need much. It's perfect. I'll never out drive this car.

Keep in mind that you can find leather seats like what's in the Premium and sell the Recaros if you wish.

If you can swing the GT350.......get that over the GT 5.0 PP2 w/ Magnaride.
I have built a couple GT on FORD site and for the most part they were right at the 52K MSRP. I haven't actually sat down with a dealer to see what I could get a GT for OTD yet. I just recently parted with a C7-Z06 after two years of ownership and wanted to adventure over to another fun muscle car and was hoping I could fill that void with a mustang vs a ZL1. My Z06 was an automatic and I always missed not shifting the gears so someone asked me at the right time if I would sell it and so here i am. LOL

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I did want to test drive a GT with magneride and without to see if you could really tell a difference. This purchase will not be a daily driver for me, just something to take out for a spirited drive on weekends.

I have built a couple GT on FORD site and for the most part they were right at the 52K MSRP. I haven't actually sat down with a dealer to see what I could get a GT for OTD yet. I just recently parted with a C7-Z06 after two years of ownership and wanted to adventure over to another fun muscle car and was hoping I could fill that void with a mustang vs a ZL1. My Z06 was an automatic and I always missed not shifting the gears so someone asked me at the right time if I would sell it and so here i am. LOL
I got ya. Find a used GT350 at a dealership that will let you test drive. I think that will be your answer. Also, I too had a hard time finding a salesperson that new anything about the GT350 other than it comes with a bigger commission. There are a lot of used some brand new hold over GT350s that can be had for the price of a GT 5.0

OP
OP
NC252

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
I got ya. Find a used GT350 at a dealership that will let you test drive. I think that will be your answer. Also, I too had a hard time finding a salesperson that new anything about the GT350 other than it comes with a bigger commission. There are a lot of used some brand new hold over GT350s that can be had for the price of a GT 5.0
I haven't seen any used in my area, but I did get the chance to drive the 2019 I mentioned above. I took it for about a 20min ride but it was still in transport mode, :-o This was not in a showroom since the dealer doesn't have one large enough for any cars. They have had it for 203 days and it's sat outside the whole time. I know if I bought this car it would need a nice detail.

Sponsored

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
My only contribution to this is that since you are definitely wanting a manual transmission, the Tremec in the GT350 is a "huge" upgrade from the Getrag MT-82 in the GT. I realize that is kind of the opposite of what you are asking, but in my opinion that needs to be considered. Also, rev match on the Tremac would have been the ultimate, and it's really unfortunate Ford didn't add that to the GT350.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Digital dash by far. Hellhorse was testing the GT500 dash on the GT350 but found active exhaust doesn't work.. haven't heard since and they seem to have dropped the kit/project altogether :facepalm: