Sponsored

Is a Blow Off Valve on an EcoBoost SAFE?

OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
Went to channel. First video Justin Bieber cover. Closed channel. Looked up funny cats.
Awh, that song was special just for you! Shame to see you not give it a shot.. :(

Anyways, been a couple of days without hearing from you... I hope the cat videos did you well...

Respond back when you see this,

Goran

I still want my Killswitch cover. Get on it. I thought you were supposed to be this kids manager.
Sorry... sir. - Ira has been too busy with other work, he isn't helping me grow the channel. - I might fire him as my manager.

That might leave a spot open.

Now this would make a cute avatar.

upload_2020-1-8_18-34-57.jpeg
On a serious note;

I just went to my first Cars and Coffee today. I parked my mustang beside two GT350's, & felt quite amazing to have people look at my car and check it out beside them! (I just installed OPT7 Underglow Body Kit, so my car is all lit up)

Forgot to snap a couple of photos of the stang to upload as a Profile Pic.

There should be a next time.

OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
Oh.. .yeah... and I got pulled over for the first time ever last night. - I'll make a whole post about it soon when I get the time.

Long Story Short:

There wasn't a reason for him to stop me, he just saw a red car-all lit up from the underglow on the freeway, and wanted to stop me and see if he can get me in trouble. - I got it all on Dashcam, It was quite funny. - He asked me like 20 questions, asked me to step out of the car. Asked me if I was drinking. Then claimed that there's "No way I could afford that car" when I told him that it's mine and not my parent's.

As I said, I wasn't speeding, swerving, nothing, he checked my documentation, asked me tons of questions, told me that I don't need to "show off my car" because "Driving is a privilege and can be taken away". And.. let me go..

NGL scary-ass experience - those blue & red lights are bright AF but I'm glad I got it all on DashCam. - I'm guessing that's gonna happen a lot if I'm literally a driving lamp with this glowing shit. Looks awesome, I'll upload some pictures soon.

:piggybank:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had a cop walk around looking for "problems". He couldn't find anything to cite me on, so he added an "driver's view obstructed" for an air freshener. Some of them are just assholes looking to make money for the department. Ground effects are just going to attract that kind of attention. They saw a Fast & Furious movie one time, and assume you're Vin Diesel :crackup:. Maybe keep it off unless you're at a show or doing a main drag cruise with other people.
A young kid in a ultra cool Mustang with under chassis lighting. Can't imagine why he got pulled over. Goran, get used to it. You are officially a cop magnet. :like::clap:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy my bov.- I got my hks kit + pipe for 500sh. but you can find them off members take offs pipe/bov hks cpe combo for like 200-300 on Facebook group part groups or even on here. but I wanted new, so bought straight from cpe or Adam tuned at cpe. gave me like 50-60 dollar discount for asking.

cpe also does 15% sales here and there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
I had a cop walk around looking for "problems". He couldn't find anything to cite me on, so he added an "driver's view obstructed" for an air freshener. Some of them are just assholes looking to make money for the department. Ground effects are just going to attract that kind of attention. They saw a Fast & Furious movie one time, and assume you're Vin Diesel :crackup:. Maybe keep it off unless you're at a show or doing a main drag cruise with other people.
That's deadass hilarious! Well.. obstructing the vision...

A young kid in a ultra cool Mustang with under chassis lighting. Can't imagine why he got pulled over. Goran, get used to it. You are officially a cop magnet. :like::clap:
In a way, I want to see how many pull-overs I can rack up. - I wanna make it a point to just drive safe as fuck, and see how many will attempt to make a pullover.

If I do that, you think I'll lose? - Say they just end up writing me out for no reason?

I enjoy my bov.- I got my hks kit + pipe for 500sh. but you can find them off members take offs pipe/bov hks cpe combo for like 200-300 on Facebook group part groups or even on here. but I wanted new, so bought straight from cpe or Adam tuned at cpe. gave me like 50-60 dollar discount for asking.

cpe also does 15% sales here and there.
That sounds amazing! - How much was installation on it?

Any pics of OP's car..?
Yeah, a fellow Cal. Highway Patrol was getting some food where I was, and I asked him to position his car for a "cool" picture with his Police Patrol. - He said yes, this is how it turned out! I'm stoked.

F73D00E8-3692-4914-8D09-E3791B976B2F.JPG

And there's some on "Things to know before buying my EcoBoost" my post.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I had a cop walk around looking for "problems". He couldn't find anything to cite me on, so he added an "driver's view obstructed" for an air freshener.
These days with on-line doctors, should be able to find one who'll certify you have x-ray vision.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Install took like 40 mins
Just bought little rhino drive up ramps. Pop belly pan off
You drop the pipe, replace pipe w the bov it’s cold side pipe

did it myself just follow instructions

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Nobody answered the OP's question, of what are the benefits a bov, vs diverter valve.

Sponsored

Bedwelljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ecoboost Mustang
What's going on Mustang6G Forum!

Okay... not sure if you guys already know, but I just purchased myself a 2018 Race Red Premium Ecoboost Mustang!

I don't really want to make any Engine Mods on it. - IF anything, maybe an intake..? But I'm really not big on modifying the engine, I like to pimp out my car exterior-wise!

Anyways... something I DO want to get, though, is a Blow-Off Valve... of course, for that "PSSHHH" sound that we all love. - It's super cheap, and I am more than willing to install it at an actual Mechanical Shop.

But I've seen LOTS of people with it, and LOTS of people saying it's not "good" for the car, as well as LOTS of people saying it can't hurt.

My view on it? - I'm not sure how redirecting air can mess with your car...?

Please let me know what the case is...

Thanks guys!
Why not just disconnect the recirculating pipe and cover the hole with a bung. Cost nothing and you get the same result?

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just disconnect the recirculating pipe and cover the hole with a bung. Cost nothing and you get the same result?

Lol! That plug is the same for F150 3.5 tt BOV, works great!