Sponsored

Cause for Concern? 24 Miles on Brand New 19' GT350...

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I know right. On any other vehicle, obviously its no big deal. However, I can't help but think, a lot can happen in 24 miles on a GT350...

My dealer is making me an offer I can't refuse on this car. There are about 6 leftover 19's in my area, and so it looks like the dealers want to get rid of them.

Any advice or thoughts on this? Again I know it seems minor, but it's still a significant investment on my part and I'm also a worrier, lol...

I'm going to visit the dealer early next week to check it out. Was thinking of asking them to throw it on a hoist to pull some fluid samples... Anything else to look for?

Would this be a deal breaker for any of you?
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I know right. On any other vehicle, obviously its no big deal. However, I can't help but think, a lot can happen in 24 miles on a GT350...

My dealer is making me an offer I can't refuse on this car. There are about 6 leftover 19's in my area, and so it looks like the dealers want to get rid of them.

Any advice or thoughts on this? Again I know it seems minor, but it's still a significant investment on my part and I'm also a worrier, lol...

I'm going to visit the dealer early next week to check it out. Was thinking of asking them to throw it on a hoist to pull some fluid samples... Anything else to look for?

Would this be a deal breaker for any of you?
Psst... you didn’t mention what “it” is.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The car is delivered with about 6 miles on it unmolested. The PDI requires it to be driven. That dricmve falls within the tech's discretion. And then there may be the dealer GM who took it for a spin.

Or, some extra miles came with it from the factory.

Bottom line, 6 miles or 24 miles, or probably won't matter

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
What exactly is a deal you can't refuse?

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
24 miles is nothing. I wouldn't worry about it. Which dealer is this at? Freedom Ford or Advantage?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Cam Clark Airdrie. I suppose they do have a good reputation as a dealer group.
You are getting a good deal on that GT350. I wouldn't worry about the kilometers on it. It is still incredibly low

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
As long as its brand new it was probably test drove a few times. Just take a look and make a judgement call. But 24 miles, hasn't been used much. Take a look at the engine hours if your skeptical... But if everything looks and feels sound, and all warranties; there should be no issues. And if there are, use the warranty.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
24 miles = 48 passes down the drag strip (since you have to drive back once you each the end of the strip)

Lol. 24 is nothing, don't sweat it.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I bought my 16 tech pack with 24 miles on it zero issues in three years other than the oil line recall. my 19 R had 9 miles. according to my dealer check off sheet that tells the tech what to do in which order the last thing to do is take the car out of transport mode in front of the customer for delivery. on a side note I was at another dealer in the bay area picking up some oil and heard someone revving the shit out of a gt350 I walked over to see what was going on thinking wow someone is showing off lets see what happens kind of thing and it was a pair of sales guys shooting a video to sell the car. I felt bad for the potential buyer

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
For 10k off you are essentially spending high option GT money. If it's the car you want with the options you want grab it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine with 1200 miles on it..... you will be ok. I've had guys more concerned about body panels, cleanliness,etc on new cars that have sat around. You should be fine.
Sponsored