Sponsored

2020 GT500 CFTP Destroys C8 Corvette - Motortrend Comparison Review

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Front engine or mid engine. 760hp vs 495 NA hp. Don’t need a physics lesson.
It actually about dead even when you factor in the 600# weight difference...
Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And here's the topper to end any rational discussion.....
Take a stock GT500 to a drag strip and it's 6-7 tenths faster then take EVEN a Base GT500 to a track and it's at least 4-5 seconds faster
1.5 winning time plus 3 second track suspension adjustment equals 4-5 seconds....
No argument can change these FACTS...

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you smoking. 600 lbs is not even close to equaling 265hp.
It is when you figure in a mid engine configuration.....ever look at the times a McLaren puts down?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Front engine or mid engine. 760hp vs 495 NA hp. Don’t need a physics lesson. Maybe a geography lesson. Not sure where Corvetteburg is. Is it next to Mustangville. You guys crack me up. Thumping chests over one fish wraps “comparison” God forbid the mighty 500 gets smoked by another car. Wait is that even possible?
The GT500 will get smoked by other cars. It just won’t be a Z51 Corvette.:wink:

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Seriously? A 1/4 mile is a 1/4 mile. I get areas, altitudes, climate, and track conditions vary. But, it's still a 1/4 mile. As long as the conditions and days are similar for testing I don't see the problem with it.

There are obviously many different styles of tracks (and different configurations in one location as well) that one may bring their car to. The GT500/C8 track they tested on is the full VIR course and very HP friendly. Most tracks are not set up that way and that is one of the fastest I'm told in the US for a straight away etc. For me I'm mainly waiting to see the Laguna Seca times and some other tracks for a better comparison. I'm sure the GT500 CTFP will do well there so don't worry.

I'm thinking, at least hoping you already know all of this though.

you cant be this stupid, and still be alive without serious help..

I love how a track alignment is somehow a mod now. :crackup::crazy:

How about the GT500 doesn’t get to go into drag mode “modding” its suspension.

Some of you guys just keep delivering. :clap:
how about taking them as delivered to customers and racing them like that... is that too unfair?

still looks like a 3 second mod to me.....btw is taking a car to a road course any different than taking one to a dragstrip?
its only diffferent if the C8 wins..

Last edited:

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I love how a track alignment is somehow a mod now. :crackup::crazy:

How about the GT500 doesn’t get to go into drag mode “modding” its suspension.

Some of you guys just keep delivering. :clap:
Are you seriously comparing changing a performance setting within the instrument cluster to the actual track alignment the C8 received?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Are you seriously comparing changing a performance setting within the instrument cluster to the actual track alignment the C8 received?
I can’t believe the driver of a car like the GT350 thinks a track alignment is a “mod.” Nor can I believe I need to explain this to people on an enthusiast website.

They both do the same thing, the drag strip mode softens the rear suspension electronically to ready it for drag racing. Would it be better if the C8 did it electronically preparing it for a road course? Who cares how it is done, manually or electronically. Check your GT350 manual and I’m sure the GT500 manual also has Fords recommended track alignment settings. If you take your cars, either of them to a road course you’d be wise to follow them. I guarantee the GT500 (with the standard roll cage of course) was in its optimal track alignment settings for the road course test.

I’m taking a break from this nonsense (it is fun), but there is obviously much bigger things to worry about now.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
you cant be this stupid, and still be alive without serious help.
I just saw this and will respond before I take said break. Please enlighten me as to what is so stupid about this. And enough with this name calling bullshit. You are just a fuckhead wanna be YouTube cheerleader that apparently only does corners to turn around to go back a 1/4 mile to the start line. So what do you supposedly know about road racing and either respond to the content of the post or go fuck your self and shut the fuck up.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Geeze, guys, this thread is out of control. Whaddaya say we all just buy the cars we want and be done with it?

Allow me to suggest that you give it a rest and head on back to Corvetteburg.
KB

But if all of the GM'sters leave, they won't get to see your new avatars everyday. Sniff, sniff

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Track alignment is absolutely a mod. An OEM will not release a car with track alignment because:

worse mpg
More emissions
Extreme tire wear
Chance of oversteer in traffic
Crazy tramlining

The way the cars are driven off the lot is what needs to be compared. It’s awesome GM does have track settings for the car however

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated