osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
Hi dudes,

I´ve been searching info during several days but i cant find any clear, also in FORScan forum.

I just bought an V6 2015 mustang base in USA and I need to custom lights for EU laws.

So these are the mods:
1.switch off all side lights
2.create a turn light separated from other 2 vertical bands
3.Add a rear fog light also buying a new switch for console.

Must be finished like this:

I know that some parts could be modified via FORscan like mod 1 but im very lost.

I would be very pleased if someone how had solve these issues could help me.
(sorry for my english)

best regards my friends.
Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hi dudes,

I´ve been searching info during several days but i cant find any clear, also in FORScan forum.

I just bought an V6 2015 mustang base in USA and I need to custom lights for EU laws.

So these are the mods:
Sorry to disappoint you, but none of the changes can be done using FORScan.

1)
Simply unplug the connector, wrap it in tape and secure it somewhere. Nevertheless here in Germany I got an exception for the side lights, because it is a US car.
2)
In Germany we need the turn lights to be orange/amber and not red. If that is the case in Spain as well, you have to modify the tail light, which is a job for a professional. This includes opening (like cutting) the tail light, add new LEDs and change the wiring (and maybe add some additional relays for the car to think, that the turn lights do their job).
I know what you need to do, but it really requires some skills. Much easier is looking for a shop which can modify your tail lights with new LED boards from a Polish company.
Or you get the EU taillights used which are the cheapest option. Nevertheless you need new wiring for the turn signals and the brake signal anyway.
3)
This is something you can actually add to your car. You can go through with your approach or change to the EU implementation. I would recommend using the EU reverse light and for the sake of simplicity follow your approach.
I liked a more OEM style solution and switched the light switch, added the missing wires and adjusted the configuration using FORScan. The complete description (in German) is here:
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?t=7151#p176474
If you want to forward with the OEM style solution I could post the description here and also do a translation to English.

Hope this helps a bit.

OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
Sorry to disappoint you, but none of the changes can be done using FORScan.

1)
Simply unplug the connector, wrap it in tape and secure it somewhere. Nevertheless here in Germany I got an exception for the side lights, because it is a US car.
2)
In Germany we need the turn lights to be orange/amber and not red. If that is the case in Spain as well, you have to modify the tail light, which is a job for a professional. This includes opening (like cutting) the tail light, add new LEDs and change the wiring (and maybe add some additional relays for the car to think, that the turn lights do their job).
I know what you need to do, but it really requires some skills. Much easier is looking for a shop which can modify your tail lights with new LED boards from a Polish company.
Or you get the EU taillights used which are the cheapest option. Nevertheless you need new wiring for the turn signals and the brake signal anyway.
3)
This is something you can actually add to your car. You can go through with your approach or change to the EU implementation. I would recommend using the EU reverse light and for the sake of simplicity follow your approach.
I liked a more OEM style solution and switched the light switch, added the missing wires and adjusted the configuration using FORScan. The complete description (in German) is here:
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?t=7151#p176474
If you want to forward with the OEM style solution I could post the description here and also do a translation to English.

Hope this helps a bit.
Hi Falk, many thanks for your respone.

I thought i read than parking lights could be disconected via FORscan but now i cant find it, I will check later, car is still in transit so i dont have it in my hands for doing tests yet. Anyway if I disconnect the parking lights wires, an advice light could be show at console??

I thought i would find any tutorial but it is an impossible mission, lol.

However i have a mechanic friend with a garage thst is also interested in learning about it so im not afraid in opening tail lights.

As showed in posted video for fog light they use OEM Style so for me is ok. If you can post the description or any more info about adaptation fot EU specs I would be pleased.

Thanks

Myfirst4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Hi dudes,

So these are the mods:

I know that some parts could be modified via FORscan like mod 1 but im very lost.

(sorry for my english)

best regards my friends.

I am doing the same thing. I got a job transfer and will be moving my 2016 ecoboost convertible to Europe. I bought some Vland clear programable tailights from a guy on the forums. here is a video demo.

I also bought a rear fog light from this place. https://store.ijdmtoy.com/products/led-rear-fog-tail-light-72-042-clear

I havent intalled either but plan to do it sometime soon. the car ships out at the end of Jan.

Sponsored

OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
I am doing the same thing. I got a job transfer and will be moving my 2016 ecoboost convertible to Europe. I bought some Vland clear programable tailights from a guy on the forums. here is a video demo.

I also bought a rear fog light from this place. https://store.ijdmtoy.com/products/led-rear-fog-tail-light-72-042-clear

I havent intalled either but plan to do it sometime soon. the car ships out at the end of Jan.
Hi Myfirst4,
I also saw these programable taillight in aliexpress as about 500 euros but i dont know if you must change some wiring, anyway the idea is to mantain the OEM lights as possible as I show in the first video.
Let me know when your car arrives because mine is also still on board. And we can speak about the rest of modifications to EU specs.

Regards

Ivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi dudes,

So these are the mods:

(sorry for my english)

best regards my friends.

Ivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as you , now at this moment with the same type of car 3,7l.
My car is in Altea but I did not get it trough the EU inspection.
I did find today the Polish man who will transform the lights for 600€
You just have to send them to him.
I don't know if it is going to work but I will give it a try.

http://hd-customs.pl/lampy-ford/

[email protected]

Best regards
Ivo

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as you , now at this moment with the same type of car 3,7l.

[email protected]

Best regards
Ivo
I would definitely recommend Pavel (HD Customs) instead of trying to manipulate the tail lights yourself. Or you could try the VLAND ones.

Some guys here in Germany love them.
If you have a login to this forum, here would be the link to the thread:
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14855&e=1&view=unread#unread
The thread contains a lot of information (in German) including pics and videos.

Kind regards
Falk

OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
Hello,

[email protected]

Best regards
Ivo
Hi Ivo thanks for info. But for this price you can buy the euro tail lights i think. Also in spain there is people that make the mod but i want to learn for first if it is possible.

I would definitely recommend Pavel (HD Customs) instead of trying to manipulate the tail lights yourself. Or you could try the VLAND ones.

Some guys here in Germany love them.
If you have a login to this forum, here would be the link to the thread:
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14855&e=1&view=unread#unread
The thread contains a lot of information (in German) including pics and videos.

Kind regards
Falk
Hi Falk, i will try to sign into the forum fore more info. Many thanks dude

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I can recommend Pawel from HD Customs as well. He modified a set of red US lights to fit in my EU spec car. They blink sequentially in amber, while also using all 3 chambers for parking lights and brake lights. Here's a video how they work:

In the meantime I have switched over to a set of EU specific smoked VLAND's though. They behave in a similar way.

In your specific situation with a US spec car it is good to know that there are many differences between the red US lights and the clear EU lights, not only in how they operate, but also in the connectors and in the way the Body Control Module of the car operates them.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Also with regards to the rear fog light: You can buy the original EU light unit that combines backup lights with fog light, but do not buy an original EU model switch, it will not work. The lights operate over the can bus and the US car simply does not have the correct wiring for operating the foglight over an EU switch. You'll have to install additional wiring for the foglight and add some sort of generic switch on the dashboard.

OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7
Also with regards to the rear fog light: You can buy the original EU light unit that combines backup lights with fog light, but do not buy an original EU model switch, it will not work. The lights operate over the can bus and the US car simply does not have the correct wiring for operating the foglight over an EU switch. You'll have to install additional wiring for the foglight and add some sort of generic switch on the dashboard.
Hi Ericc, many thanks for your info. I will contact with HD customs and ask for help for all lights modifications.
Other question: If I install VLAND tail lights in myUSA mustang, the EURO mode (5th mode I think) will work correctly with the amber lights without any other modification?
By other side in mustang6.de forum someone explains how to use rear fog light with an original switch via BCM but is not easy for me because is in german and no many pictures there...
I invite you all to help with the USA->EU modificatios.
Regards

Last edited:
OP
OP
osvega2020

osvega2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
os
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback 3.7

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Other question: If I install VLAND tail lights in myUSA mustang, the EURO mode (5th mode I think) will work correctly with the amber lights without any other modification?
As long as you buy the version that is specifically made for US cars they should be plug and play. However from how I read the advertisements on Aliexpress there are only 2 versions for US cars (red and smoke) and the 3 "5 mode versions" (red, smoke and clear) are specifically meant for export cars (which have different amperage and different connectors). So that would mean that if you buy the US car lights they will basically do the exact same thing as the factory lights. I could be wrong though. Perhaps you can contact their official store through Aliexpress and ask if they also make the 5-mode version for US cars with the US connector.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32991192636.html

By other side in mustang6.de forum someone explains how to use rear fog light with an original switch via BCM but is not easy for me because is in german and no many pictures there...
Do you have a link to the exact post? I can translate it for you no problem.
Sponsored

Last edited: