Sponsored

GT350R - Aftermerket Wheel Lug Nut Solution

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I just got my Titanium Lug Nuts. Oh my god! The pictures on the scale don't prepare you for just how light these things are! Utterly amazing!

<TED>
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I just got my Titanium Lug Nuts. Oh my god! The pictures on the scale don't prepare you for just how light these things are! Utterly amazing!

<TED>
Got mine too yesterday.

Thanks T!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
whats the final recommendation ARP LUBE or DRY
You have to lube it. The question is what torque are you gonna use?
Definitely need to lube them. I have been at 140 ft/lbs with the ARP for the past year or so. Street/track.

Not an official recommendation, but it’s working

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I posted this somewhere else and it didn’t get any attention (maybe there’s a reason for that, LOL). We get hung up on the 150 torque spec, but let’s not forget the spec is 150 +/- 15. I think with the homework we’ve done and what we know about % reduction for lubricant/anti seize, math wise, anything in that ~130 range is by all accounts safe. I highly doubt anyone is gonna have a lug nut back off. Not likely. Not some catastrophic failure on a track day. Again, like T said, just sharing my extremely UNofficial opinion on the topic. I’m currently using ~130-135 with the ARP lube and I don’t lose a damn wink of sleep over it. I’ve used anti sieze on every vehicle ever in my life and have never had something back off. I have no clue what people are doing that claim they do.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The concern is not the lug backing off, instead it is achieving the proper torque to attain design preload of the studs. Until that is tested and verified, then I would be reluctant to hop in my car and drive triple digit speeds as well as load the wheel studs and lugs up. I would have the testing done, but I don't have those kinds of mechanical or engineering services in my area.

The product is a great idea. They are a huge weight savings. However too tight and not tight enough are not a good thing when you plan to max perform the car.

This really comes down to liability and for that reason, nobody wants to touch it. My conversation with ARP was very short, not because I didn't want to work out the answer with them, but because they won't support a product that is not theirs (along with the liability).

The lugs are great. Well made and a lot of care went into their manufacture and design. However, until we know what the proper torque is (based upon data), then how you use them is on you.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not on here that I’ve seen, but there’s been several forum discussion with people claiming anti seize was the cause of the lug nuts coming loose.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Definitely need to lube them. I have been at 140 ft/lbs with the ARP for the past year or so. Street/track.

Not an official recommendation, but it’s working
I posted this somewhere else and it didn’t get any attention (maybe there’s a reason for that, LOL). We get hung up on the 150 torque spec, but let’s not forget the spec is 150 +/- 15. I think with the homework we’ve done and what we know about % reduction for lubricant/anti seize, math wise, anything in that ~130 range is by all accounts safe. I highly doubt anyone is gonna have a lug nut back off. Not likely. Not some catastrophic failure on a track day. Again, like T said, just sharing my extremely UNofficial opinion on the topic. I’m currently using ~130-135 with the ARP lube and I don’t lose a damn wink of sleep over it. I’ve used anti sieze on every vehicle ever in my life and have never had something back off. I have no clue what people are doing that claim they do.
The concern is not the lug backing off, instead it is achieving the proper torque to attain design preload of the studs. Until that is tested and verified, then I would be reluctant to hop in my car and drive triple digit speeds as well as load the wheel studs and lugs up. I would have the testing done, but I don't have those kinds of mechanical or engineering services in my area.

The product is a great idea. They are a huge weight savings. However too tight and not tight enough are not a good thing when you plan to max perform the car.

This really comes down to liability and for that reason, nobody wants to touch it. My conversation with ARP was very short, not because I didn't want to work out the answer with them, but because they won't support a product that is not theirs (along with the liability).

The lugs are great. Well made and a lot of care went into their manufacture and design. However, until we know what the proper torque is (based upon data), then how you use them is on you.
Not on here that I’ve seen, but there’s been several forum discussion with people claiming anti seize was the cause of the lug nuts coming loose.
I used anti seize and torqued to 130. Took mine out multiple runs and pulled 1.13g to the left and .98 to the right. Really put it through its paces from 30-115ish. Rechecked them and they were all in spec. Ymmv.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good news gents. Our last production run has completely sold out. However, I will have roughly 22 sets of titanium lug nuts available to ship around 9/1/19. Please send me a DM or E-mail if you would like to get a set before they are gone. This will likely be the final production run for this year.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Good news gents. Our last production run has completely sold out. However, I will have roughly 22 sets of titanium lug nuts available to ship around 9/1/19. Please send me a DM or E-mail if you would like to get a set before they are gone. This will likely be the final production run for this year.
sure would like to have a spare or two.... :giggle:

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You’re going to love my nuts.... this batch is all spoken for and shipping out soon. An additional 10 sets will be in within the next couple weeks. Don’t sleep on it.

2BA6F898-C492-4DB1-B48C-202222AC6F36.jpeg
E732D14D-813A-4F3B-8F89-8D6FB9898801.jpeg
622ACF8D-0438-45AA-B22E-F3E35AAA6B30.jpeg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Happy New Year everyone. I have another small batch of titanium lug nuts coming inbound next week.

10 sets total of the long/short version, with only 6 of them remaining for purchase

I also have a couple of the short only sets that were made.

Send me a DM if interested

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Happy New Year everyone. I have another small batch of titanium lug nuts coming inbound next week.

10 sets total of the long/short version, with only 6 of them remaining for purchase

I also have a couple of the short only sets that were made.

Send me a DM if interested
Definitely interested. PM sent.
Sponsored