Just curious has anyone else got caught crossing over the Mexican border LoL

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So last night I got caught in Mexico at 130mph, thanks to a very nice officer I was allowed to return to America with a warning and told to calm down a bit. Just seeing if anyone else has had similar experiences?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if at that speed it's just a warning because you actually followed the law and pulled over instead of trying to get away or anything.

I got hit with a 101 in a 70 and definitely had to deal with more than a warning lol

James_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
I got lucky and got pulled over doing 101 in a 55. told him I just changed my gears and speedo wasn't reading right. He was in right lane in unmarked car and I blew past him. He didn't have radar so ticket was for Violation of traffic control device. Basically saying I was doing over the limit.

Sponsored

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
164 in a 55 when I was 16. I went to jail, but remember it is who you know that counts. So nothing on my record at the time and paid court cost. Only reason I went to court was because the police captain was mad one of his cars blew up trying to catch me.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
103 in a 55 in a Ford Tempo. Probably should have gone to jail, but just a ticket.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
61 in a 45...no warning. In addition, cited me for "obstruction of view" (air freshener), and "disobeying a traffic device" (?). He was very rude and tried repeatedly to bait me into an argument. Did a sobriety check (I told him truthfully that I had nothing to drink). Also tried to do the reversal of logic bullshit about how I must have "been going at least 85" (I really wasn't, if I had, he'd never have caught me). Fighting this shit in March.
I got one of those "disobeying a traffic control device" tickets once. It was actually the cop doing me a favor because it was cheaper and fewer points than the actual speeding ticket would have been.

As for the last time I got pulled over...

I was in my little AWD turbo 4cyl Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. My wife was PISSED because the cop pulled me over for doing 85 in a 40 (it was late and there was no one else out on the street) and didn't even give me a warning, just thanked me for my service and told me to slow the fuck down. This is the reason I pay a little extra each year to a have Marine Corp license plate, it's saved my ass on more than one occasion.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
113 in a 65 in my 335i. Cop was cool and gave me a "careless driving" ticket.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yup, just to the West of Myrtle Beach South Carolina :wink:
Highway 31 “Baja” and Highway 22 being mainland. Lol.

We used to do some loosely organized “king of the street” activities in an old group I was in. We had a few really close calls. Several big time pucker moments and I was the least fearless of the group, meaning I was the one that wouldn’t have run.. and would’ve got my ass handed to me more than likely.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
103 in a 55 in a Ford Tempo. Probably should have gone to jail, but just a ticket.
I’m not sure what’s more impressive, no ticket or the fact you got a Tempo to 103.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’m not sure what’s more impressive, no ticket or the fact you got a Tempo to 103.
I was thinking the same thing, first car was a Topaz and I don’t think it ever hit 90 haha

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I've had a couple this year.LOL 1st one was after I just put 500 miles on my RST clutch and decided to dump it in 2nd gear cause I had this young punk in a 370Z tailgating me. I ended up getting the car completely sideways and in the other lane of traffic. Reeled it back in and the officer lit me up as he saw the whole thing. This was the same officer that pulled me over in my SRT8 Charger after going WOT through all the gears and well over 100MPH. He let me go then and he let go with a warning this time also. Officer is a huge car guy and has some nice toys at home. Ended up talking with him for about 20 minutes about cars:) Last time I got pulled over I was caught doing 91 in a 50. Cop knocked the ticket down to 9 over and cited me for following to close and unsafe lane change. Just last week at night, I had a cop roll up on me(I didn't know it was a cop) and tailgate me. I thought it was a pickup truck so I went WOT in 2nd through 3rd and let off. Cop caught up to me and lit up his white lights to let me know who he was. He didn't pull me over at all thankfully. Just so you guys know, I do have an official FOP star on my plate that you can only get if you're either a cop or family of a cop so this is likely the reason I don't get pulled over for everything.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When I was a young lad and still had my Probe GT I was pulled over for doing 29mph on a 25mph street, the cop talked to me for close to 20 minutes about just how dangerous I was being and that I needed to have more regard for other people.

If I would have had my wits about me I would have reported him for borderline harassment, what a jerk.

TC

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I got caught doing 75 in a 30 when i was 14 in my mom's 2001 Honda accord. I took the car while my parents were out of town. The car was towed, the officer took me home, i got grounded for 3 months. I've gotten pulled over around 10 times in my Mustang but only have gotten 2 speeding tickets. One for 93 in a 70 but cop bumped it down to 85 and the other 76 in a 55.I did defensive driving for both tickets. So, my record is squeaky clean.
Sponsored