Sponsored

Steeda Sway Bars for 18' GT, PP1 with MagneRide

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Hello All,

I have a 18' GT, PP1 with MagneRide and want to get the Steeda adjustable front and rear sway bars. In the description it says

"Front sway bar will fit vehicles equipped with MagneRide suspension but cannot be used at softest setting due to contact with factory ride height sensor."

With the next stiffer setting on the sway bar does the car ride too stiff or harder on bumps etc?

Is getting a rear sway bar worth it? I've read in another thread where someone said "Be a little wary of stiff rear bars. IMHO the common rear bars Steeda / BMR / Whiteline are on the stiff side even on low settings. Unless you have stiff springs or really know what you're doing, run the rear setting on soft, and the front on medium OR soft depending on how much understeer you want. If you love a tail happy oversteering car, then try medium on the rear bar, but be careful."

Anyone with MagneRide and have Steeda sway bars what is your opinion of the Steeda sway bars?

Thanks
Sponsored

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Bump! would love to hear from drivers regarding rear sway bar feel with magneride !

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Swaybar stiffness and design has very very little to do with ride quality and harshness. Going full stiff for example you probably won't notice any difference when going straight, even over rough pavement. It's not like a shock or spring where if you go stiffer you feel the car get rougher.

Any of the 3 settings on that swaybar will drive like OEM in terms of ride harshness.

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Swaybar stiffness and design has very very little to do with ride quality and harshness. Going full stiff for example you probably won't notice any difference when going straight, even over rough pavement. It's not like a shock or spring where if you go stiffer you feel the car get rougher.

Any of the 3 settings on that swaybar will drive like OEM in terms of ride harshness.
Thanks I understand that completely, I was referring to how does it handle when you’re cornering and under hard acceleration out of a corner? Not in a straight line, they obviously don’t affect straight line driving. Thanks!

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on your driving style and goals determines the settings. A medium front bar, as you apparently have to have it set to fit, won’t give you any issues; you may want at least a 350R or PP2 rear bar to balance things out. Of course adjustable bars give the most flexibility to easily change things.

As for the rear bar, I’ve driven years now with Steeda’s big rear swaybar and love the dynamic with the Torsen LSD—makes for good fun on switchbacks. Keep it at soft or your inner tire will chatter on tight turns. It’s not for everyone though; most like a big front bar and a PP or slightly beefier 350R/PP2 rear bar.

Sponsored

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Depending on your driving style and goals determines the settings. A medium front bar, as you apparently have to have it set to fit, won’t give you any issues; you may want at least a 350R or PP2 rear bar to balance things out. Of course adjustable bars give the most flexibility to easily change things.

As for the rear bar, I’ve driven years now with Steeda’s big rear swaybar and love the dynamic with the Torsen LSD—makes for good fun on switchbacks. Keep it at soft or your inner tire will chatter on tight turns. It’s not for everyone though; most like a big front bar and a PP or slightly beefier 350R/PP2 rear bar.
Thanks for the feedback...so for the Steeda big rear swaybar: do you have it set on the first setting? (softest setting)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks for the feedback...so for the Steeda big rear swaybar: do you have it set on the first setting? (softest setting)
Start off with the softest setting, which is the last or furthest from the bend.
Steeda Tech

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Keep it at soft or your inner tire will chatter on tight turns.
Can you elaborate on this? I have the Ford Performance bars (M-5490-G) and the rear bar is set to the inner (stiffer) hole. I am hearing a faint squeaking noise coming from the right side rear of the car when making hard right turns. The front bar was installed using the outer (softer) hole for some reason. May need to have one of the bars adjusted.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you elaborate on this? I have the Ford Performance bars (M-5490-G) and the rear bar is set to the inner (stiffer) hole. I am hearing a faint squeaking noise coming from the right side rear of the car when making hard right turns. The front bar was installed using the outer (softer) hole for some reason. May need to have one of the bars adjusted.
The chatter I had was just the inner tire chirping. No squeaks to speak of. My best guess for your situation is a lack of grease on your rear swaybar bushings.

Either way, it is generally a best practice to start a rear bar soft and then adjust as needed. I do it the other way around to be daring.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
The chatter I had was just the inner tire chirping. No squeaks to speak of. My best guess for your situation is a lack of grease on your rear swaybar bushings.

Either way, it is generally a best practice to start a rear bar soft and then adjust as needed. I do it the other way around to be daring.
Thanks for the clarification. I will see if I can see a difference between the two bushings. Should be able to tell if one side is greased more than the other. They are rubber bushings so I wouldn't think they'd be able to make this squeaking, m metallic sounding noise.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the clarification. I will see if I can see a difference between the two bushings. Should be able to tell if one side is greased more than the other. They are rubber bushings so I wouldn't think they'd be able to make this squeaking, m metallic sounding noise.
Check the helper/tightly wound portion of your progressive springs for rubbing too.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
IMHO, keep the rear bar soft. This car doesn't need much more than the stock bar, if even that. You want to put down maximum power exiting corners. I think it's just how you are supposed to drive this car. It's not hard to put this car into power oversteer if you try. The stiffer front sway bar has much more benefit because of the poor camber curve of the front suspension. The stiffer bar will resist those front tires trying to curl back under and go into positive camber. More front camber and stiffer front bar is a good place to be. I would also advise not going too stiff depending if your tires are up to the added load or not.
Sponsored