Sponsored

Car is officially getting a Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kona Blue Focus ST3, 2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1
I've put the deposit down and parts are ordered for my 2019 GT. I was originally going to go with a Whipple but man am I excited to make the switch to this blower. Car goes under the knife on 2/10.

Full package will be as follows:

• Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 kit w/ PBD remote dyno tune for 91 octane and Torco 99
  • OPG/ crank sprocket gear install
  • Stainless Works off road long tubes

I will be adding a catch can setup as well, but I think this will be plenty for now on a stock short block car that is road driven 99% of the time.

Next steps would be some wheels/tires, maybe a set of 17" rear wheels or just some 19" drag radials, any suggestions for the stock PP1 wheels?

Also curious if anyone has a similar setup and can share some results or feedback on the way it drives!
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Congrats! Don't get crazy on the boost. Arizona doesn't have 93 octane?

OP
OP

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kona Blue Focus ST3, 2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1
Congrats! Don't get crazy on the boost. Arizona doesn't have 93 octane?
Thanks!

Unfortunately no, our gas is terrible here. The reason for the race gas tune is just so if/when I want to get to the track I can throw in some known good gas and have fun without worrying about my pistons. We also have a gas station close to a race track that has 100 octane pump available, might eventually get a tune for that in the event I can't get Torco on short notice.

Looking to run around 10lbs only and with the headers that should be a good time. I'm already thinking forward to a forged block in the event I want to turn it up a bit more.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Will you be doing the work yourself? I'm interested about what needs to be done since the 18 and up have a composite oil pan and from the things I've read, the oil pan needs to be dropped for the OPG installation. How far it needs to drop, I don't know an no one has given me an answer to this question. Good luck.

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Below are my results with the Stg 2 on 91 octane (no octane booster) with my A10. Car is completely stock otherwise. This is on the EB tune and it’s garbage. Going custom tune soon. Makes great power, but power delivery is terrible.
CED8391C-7E67-4BAE-90AF-C904FC04458F.jpeg

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Below are my results with the Stg 2 on 91 octane (no octane booster) with my A10. Car is completely stock otherwise. This is on the EB tune and it’s garbage. Going custom tune soon. Makes great power, but power delivery is terrible.
CED8391C-7E67-4BAE-90AF-C904FC04458F.jpeg
Your car made good power, it looks like it would run a good number at the track looking at your dyno graph so I assume u hate the way it street drives etc

NotQuik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Congrats! Kind of curious, why the change of heart from the Whipple?

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I've put the deposit down and parts are ordered for my 2019 GT. I was originally going to go with a Whipple but man am I excited to make the switch to this blower. Car goes under the knife on 2/10.

Full package will be as follows:

• Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 kit w/ PBD remote dyno tune for 91 octane and Torco 99
  • OPG/ crank sprocket gear install
  • Stainless Works off road long tubes

I will be adding a catch can setup as well, but I think this will be plenty for now on a stock short block car that is road driven 99% of the time.

Next steps would be some wheels/tires, maybe a set of 17" rear wheels or just some 19" drag radials, any suggestions for the stock PP1 wheels?

Also curious if anyone has a similar setup and can share some results or feedback on the way it drives!
Quick suggestion, I'd highly reccomend going with bigger injectors right off the bat incase you want more power down the road. The injectors that come with the stage 2 kit are really not enough and they're a bitch to get to on this kit.

I'm about to get my fuel system done on my stage 2 2650 so I can run e85.

As for tires I've had success with the Firestone firehawk indy 500s. They dont get traction below 50 when it's cold but they hook ok when it's warm.

I'll be transitioning to some r888rs come summer time.

NotQuik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
That’s very fair. Both are great units without a doubt. However, that’s still whipple territory. ;-)

Sponsored

Stizang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
18 Kona blue gt
You won’t be disappointed , puts a smile on my face every time I step on it .
EB stage 2
OPG’s
Crank sprocket
Stock exhaust
91 tune
2B2500D4-2196-4775-9CF2-306F0CB2485B.jpeg

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Your car made good power, it looks like it would run a good number at the track looking at your dyno graph so I assume u hate the way it street drives etc
The EB tune is like an on/off switch. It’s either WOT and it pulls hard or nothing even at 3/4 throttle. Zero throttle response or ability to modulate the throttle. There are also some dead spots during casual driving and after coming out of boost when it feels like it’s in limp mode. It’s not enjoyable to drive like this. I can’t get a custom tune soon enough.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The EB tune is like an on/off switch. It’s either WOT and it pulls hard or nothing even at 3/4 throttle. Zero throttle response or ability to modulate the throttle. There are also some dead spots during casual driving and after coming out of boost when it feels like it’s in limp mode. It’s not enjoyable to drive like this. I can’t get a custom tune soon enough.
Yep, you confirmed everything most people have said, once it’s tuned, it’s gonna be sick

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yep, you confirmed everything most people have said, once it’s tuned, it’s gonna be sick
I sure hope so. Lol

The kit is great and has lots of potential.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You won’t be disappointed , puts a smile on my face every time I step on it .
EB stage 2
OPG’s
Crank sprocket
Stock exhaust
91 tune
2B2500D4-2196-4775-9CF2-306F0CB2485B.jpeg
I’d love to see the numbers on a custom tune, 93, LT’s and a free flowing exhaust...
620tq on 91 is pretty serious.
Sponsored