Is the GT premium worth it over the stock GT

Blackslax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10 speed with long tube headers and H-pipe, 1978 Yamaha 1100
I hate leather seats. Hot to sit on in the summer; cold as anything in the winter.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I got my GT Premium back in the spring. I love it, I daily it, and it still brings a smile to my face every day it seems. I'm still perfectly happy not going with any performance packages, but I think I regret no magneride. I feel like I can't say I got it fully loaded, and instead have to go with "GT Premium non PP, everything but magneride."

-anyway- it's a very subjective question and no one will be 'right' it's dependent on your budget and goals in a vehicle.

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
I’m considering a mustang GT purchase and test drove a base GT A10 with the PP1. After that experience, I can say that any mustang I buy must be the premium and must have the 401a package. And active exhaust.

I’m still debating the PP1. I haven’t test driven a non PP1 GT yet to compare the suspension. I have to say though that other than some tramlining I thought the PP1 Gt was perfect.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
I factory ordered the 2019 PP2 in Orange Fury. I got 401A, Safe & Smart, anti-theft, active valve, B&O and even the premium floor liners. Never going to sell it. It is so fun to drive.

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I factory ordered the 2019 PP2 in Orange Fury. I got 401A, Safe & Smart, anti-theft, active valve, B&O and even the premium floor liners. Never going to sell it. It is so fun to drive.
I have the premium floor liners too as part of the 401a package but how are they different than the regular mats? Maybe the stitching?

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
Mad dog-Does the “safe and smart” package include a perimeter sensor for parking? Specifically for the front end?

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Mad dog-Does the “safe and smart” package include a perimeter sensor for parking? Specifically for the front end?
I'll answer: NO

Safe and Smart is more of a 'you can leave the key in your pocket' kinda deal, your thumb on the handle will lock/unlock the car, the trunk opens with the outside button if the key is close, etc.

it also deals with Adaptive Cruise, Lane Deviation warnings, that kinda stuff. At least mine does.

Rear view camera, NO parking perimeter BS. Stock, mine does a good 7 inch curb without hitting - anything, yet, you start playing with suspension, all bets are off.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I wish it did. These front ends sit so low if you pull up to a curb too far you can easily ruin your day

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Crazy ... I have a base with 301A and it's funny seeing all the posts claiming X feature is premium only

So base with 301a means I have
Larger screen
Drive modes
Lighted door sills
My color
Keyless everything

The only thing I am missing from premium is
Leather
Pony puddle lamps
Heated cooled seats

I like cloth but that's just a preference. My wife prefers leather so her car has it.

Premium also gives you ability to get
Digital guages ... I like old school because I'm old lol
Upgraded stereo... ..I got active exhaust for sound lol

Just my preferences
Imo every mustang is a good mustang : )

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
My first muscle car was a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 340, 4bbl, 4 speed. It had leather seats and carpet, with a AM radio, and of course a heater/defroster. No power steering, brakes, or windows. I was happy, and loved that car.
My second muscle car was a 1985 Chevy Z28 with a 305 TPI, and 4 speed automatic. It had heat, air, AM/FM cassette stereo, power steering, brakes, and windows, with cloth seats, and a T-top. I threw a couple of sheep skins on the seats for seat covers and it was fine. I cried when I sold that car.
My third muscle car was a 2013 Mustang GT Brembo package with the automatic, 401A package and all kinds of sh!t I never or rarely used other than the CD player. I loved that car and regretted not getting that red 1969 Mach 1 Mustang with the 351 4bbl instead of the Challenger way back when. Funny thing was I never felt anything when I traded it for the 2019 Mustang GT PP2 401A with navigation, B&O, and active exhaust.
Now I do miss the 2013 sometimes, and I even got a little teary eyed when I came out of the house and realized it wasn't there anymore, but I do love driving that PP2. I might even try to learn how to use all that technical sh!t it has.
The point is, it doesn't matter rather you have a GT with just a 300 package or a 401A with all the add on options as long as you enjoy driving the car and can bond with it.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
As for the premium floor liners, they're just heavy duty, all-weather floor mats with the pony logo. I wanted something to last a long time and protect my carpet mats.

I wish Ford offered some sort of front camera or front perimeter parking sensor. One of the benefits of the Smart and Safe package is backing up. The rear sensor will alert you to cars that are traveling toward you (that you cannot yet see in your rear view mirror or camera). Love it. I also like the adaptive cruise control.

And the rev matching is great!!!!!

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
I feel like the Digital Dash is a must have when I jump back into a S550. Do you love it?
The digital dash is by far the dumbest feature I've ever gone out of my way to get on a car.

And I love it. If I bought a GT350 I would try to go through the hassle of swapping one in. That's how much I enjoy it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
As for the premium floor liners, they're just heavy duty, all-weather floor mats with the pony logo. I wanted something to last a long time and protect my carpet mats.

I wish Ford offered some sort of front camera or front perimeter parking sensor. One of the benefits of the Smart and Safe package is backing up. The rear sensor will alert you to cars that are traveling toward you (that you cannot yet see in your rear view mirror or camera). Love it. I also like the adaptive cruise control.

And the rev matching is great!!!!!
That is funny. I questioned Ford in the UK why the Mustang doesn't have front sensors (considering the long nose) as most other Ford's over here have them. I was told nobody in the US has /wants them so they don't get fitted. Same for the electrically heated front screen which every Ford in Europe has except the Mustang
Sponsored