Sponsored

Putting GT350 mufflers into my GT with Active exhaust working

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Iā€™m interested to hear if thereā€™s a difference, but Iā€™d imagine youā€™d lose 2 of the 4 modes by doing this as the 18+ has 4 available exhaust modes whereas the GT350, to my knowledge, only has 2.
Something tells me that this is going to be a bit fruitless in terms of a difference in exhaust sound, as the GT350 sounds as glorious as it does due to it being a flat-plane crank engine, not the mufflers. I wouldnā€™t mind being wrong, though :p

OP
OP
Mustangpaul05

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
Iā€™m interested to hear if thereā€™s a difference, but Iā€™d imagine youā€™d lose 2 of the 4 modes by doing this as the 18+ has 4 available exhaust modes whereas the GT350, to my knowledge, only has 2.
Something tells me that this is going to be a bit fruitless in terms of a difference in exhaust sound, as the GT350 sounds as glorious as it does due to it being a flat-plane crank engine, not the mufflers. I wouldnā€™t mind being wrong, though :p
We shall see! I really want to be able to open the exhaust at any time really. I dont think it will be fruitless even if it doesn't make a ton of difference in sound with the second pipe closed as I really like the look and I'll be in it for about 600 installed (mufflers, valance, install)

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
But he has a '17 gt..and I have a '15..inquiring minds want to know lol..

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But he has a '17 gt..and I have a '15..inquiring minds want to know lol..
Ah, I missed that. Now this makes sense. Iā€™m guessing you can change exhaust modes through the info screen between the gauges via s forscan modification?

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I installed GT350 mufflers with an X pipe on my old '15 GT. Wired the exhaust valve controllers up to a DPDT rocker switch. Sounded glorious. This was about 3 years ago. Loved that exhaust setup.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I have a 300A car (no toggles) with active exhaust and exhaust modes are in the settings menu between the gauges,

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 300A car (no toggles) with active exhaust and exhaust modes are in the settings menu between the gauges,
OP has a ā€˜17 GT, which did not have active exhaust as an option. Heā€™ll need to figure out some type of modification to control the baffles. I assume he could unlock controls via forscan if Ford Engineers put the coding for the GT350ā€™s AE in all Mustang models (much like the digital speedometer for the information screen that GT350s always had but was absent for 15-17 GT, V6, and EcoBoost models).

OP
OP
Mustangpaul05

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
OP has a ā€˜17 GT, which did not have active exhaust as an option. Heā€™ll need to figure out some type of modification to control the baffles. I assume he could unlock controls via forscan if Ford Engineers put the coding for the GT350ā€™s AE in all Mustang models (much like the digital speedometer for the information screen that GT350s always had but was absent for 15-17 GT, V6, and EcoBoost models).
So I've got the wires all figured out. Putting it on a switch that controls the open/closed functio . I won't be able to do any in-between settings though. It's all on now and sounds pretty good open. I think closed it will sound stock (I have the resonator in still). More to come!

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've got the wires all figured out. Putting it on a switch that controls the open/closed functio . I won't be able to do any in-between settings though. It's all on now and sounds pretty good open. I think closed it will sound stock (I have the resonator in still). More to come!
Did you get an aftermarket switch (like what the Roush system uses) or did you re-program one of the stock toggles?

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
I have some GT 350 mufflers that I am putting on my GT - I figured out the active exhaust wiring if anyone wants to see.

I should have some videos of it on the car soon!
This is awesome!

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
How do the modes work if your software doesnā€™t reflect it on the dash. And
Sponsored