Sponsored

Is the GT premium worth it over the stock GT

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If you don't care about leather but want the larger screen, toggle switches, dual climate control, etc. just get the 301a package. Comes with most of the features of the premium just no leather seats or heated/cooled seats.

this - you want the 301a for the extram modes, and if you want magneride (and who wouldn't?)
Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Younger me would have been after as much performance as I could get without spending extra on comforts I could rationalize away. Older me absolutely wants leather seats (easier to clean up when my wife spills something), heated AND cooled no less. I live in Florida, it gets hot here, those cooled seats are simply divine. The larger screen, the active exhaust (my favorite feature by far) etc. All things I would have ignored when I was in my 20's or even early thirties I think.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I would have opted for no screen at all if it were available. I also wish I could turn the screen completely off while driving. I never use it while driving and in the dark the glow is distracting. IMO the huge screens look ridiculous are unnecessarily large and the Tesla-style giant iPads are a clear regression

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Was wondering if the premium is worth it over the stock GT? Asking owners who maybe owned both, or if anyone wished they had ordered the premium. Is the sound system and seats that much better? , is all the adjustable ride, steering etc really used?
I own a premium... Call me boujee but I cannot sit on cloth...

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I would have opted for no screen at all if it were available. I also wish I could turn the screen completely off while driving. I never use it while driving and in the dark the glow is distracting. IMO the huge screens look ridiculous are unnecessarily large and the Tesla-style giant iPads are a clear regression
While I don't know about the 2015 models, my 2016 GT Premium gives me the option of turning the screen to "night" mode and turning the brightness level way down, so Its not distracting or glaring. Check your settings menu for it?

Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Younger me would have been after as much performance as I could get without spending extra on comforts I could rationalize away. Older me absolutely wants leather seats (easier to clean up when my wife spills something), heated AND cooled no less. I live in Florida, it gets hot here, those cooled seats are simply divine. The larger screen, the active exhaust (my favorite feature by far) etc. All things I would have ignored when I was in my 20's or even early thirties I think.
This was my reasoning as well. I swapped the cloth upholstery for Premium leather, swapped out the wheels to the polished 19s and called it a day.

I do wish I had the toggle switches and MyColor, but I have no interest in the touchscreen.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I have a PP level 2 and I wanted cloth Recaros, hence "base" car for me. PLus I prefer the old school style analog guages.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Yes, I owned a bare bone stock A10 and a fully loaded A10 minus magnaride. Premium is worth it, as is the PP... The suspension on the PP is the ford performance street suspension kit, which is 1300 bones or so alone.

After owning the premium, if I were to buy another, it would be a premium.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
16-17 NEEDS premium imo for carplay/aa/screen alone. The small screen is pitiful. 18-20 can go without if you get the x01a package.

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Oh damn, I totally forgot that android auto won't run on the Sync TI-83. That alone is worth upgrading. Android auto is the shit.
Will Android auto work without USB cable through bluetooth? I've never once used Android Auto on any of my vehicles. What do you like best about Android Auto? Does it change the way the display appears?

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I got the 401A premium package , way I seen it I can always add performance pretty easy but inside luxury is more difficult to add aftermarket.

Free33d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got my 15 GT premium pack in early november. IMO its worth it, if nothing for the larger screen (android auto, apple car play). I upgraded my first/last car's headunit to have apple car pla/ android auto. It was totally worth it! The 15 mustang had MFT which i was very disappointed by.

Also, i'm sure it has been said earlier but it depends on how you are buying your car. If its a brand new car, then I would think about not ordering the premium pack and try to do things myself. But if its used/CPO, i think you would get a killer deal.