The original Bullitt

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Here’s a nice photo of the original Bullitt. It sure looks in a lot better shape than it does now. I just hope that some foreigner doesn’t buy it at the auction next month and take it out of the country. Ideally it will be available to the public... Bruce
50C2E989-94AA-4412-8E97-E897A77D3450.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The photos we take of our 2019s and 2020s today will be the standard by which we can measure our preservation 50 years into the future :)

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hi - Here’s a nice photo of the original Bullitt. It sure looks in a lot better shape than it does now. I just hope that some foreigner doesn’t buy it at the auction next month and take it out of the country. Ideally it will be available to the public... Bruce
50C2E989-94AA-4412-8E97-E897A77D3450.png
Goes to auction right here in Florida at Mecum in kissimmee. I think it hits the auction floor next Friday, so does the Ford GT that caused John Cena a lot of problems with Ford lawyers.

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Goes to auction right here in Florida at Mecum in kissimmee. I think it hits the auction floor next Friday, so does the Ford GT that caused John Cena a lot of problems with Ford lawyers.
Hi - Yeah, I was aware of the auction and my prediction is that it will go for a lot more than the $4 million that was mentioned a couple of years back when the PA family first revealed it to the public. The bidding could get high if it becomes a battle between a rich foreigner and somebody who wants it to stay in this country. I don’t have cable, so I won’t get to see the auction. Perhaps I’ll ask some car friends if they are planning to watch it and maybe mooch an invite.

I’ve never heard much about Jon Cena, but a saw a photo of Dwayne Johnson washing his late ‘60s GTO. I had new ‘65 and ‘68 GTOs and presently have a sibling of my ‘65 model. Some of these celebrities are down to earth types and others are prima-donnas. Someone who washes their own car might be a good sign... Bruce

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi - Yeah, I was aware of the auction and my prediction is that it will go for a lot more than the $4 million that was mentioned a couple of years back when the PA family first revealed it to the public. The bidding could get high if it becomes a battle between a rich foreigner and somebody who wants it to stay in this country. I don’t have cable, so I won’t get to see the auction. Perhaps I’ll ask some car friends if they are planning to watch it and maybe mooch an invite.

I’ve never heard much about Jon Cena, but a saw a photo of Dwayne Johnson washing his late ‘60s GTO. I had new ‘65 and ‘68 GTOs and presently have a sibling of my ‘65 model. Some of these celebrities are down to earth types and others are prima-donnas. Someone who washes their own car might be a good sign... Bruce
Cena bought a GT new a few years back and rumor had it, you had to keep the car and NOT try to resell for at least one year. well he decided he didn't want the car anymore and tried to resell at a profit. Fords attorneys swooped in and threaten lawsuit. now the car is expected to bring $1.2 to $1.6 million. i think it was just a ploy to build history and raise value.....lol. beautiful cars, there's pics on Mecums website. i may take a ride up just to look around its only an hour away.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's being sold on Jan 10

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Cena bought a GT new a few years back and rumor had it, you had to keep the car and NOT try to resell for at least one year. well he decided he didn't want the car anymore and tried to resell at a profit. Fords attorneys swooped in and threaten lawsuit. now the car is expected to bring $1.2 to $1.6 million. i think it was just a ploy to build history and raise value.....lol. beautiful cars, there's pics on Mecums website. i may take a ride up just to look around its only an hour away.
Hi - I seem to recall something a couple of years ago where Ford was trying to prevent their GTs from being bought just by collectors and resellers, which does have some validity when a limited production car is involved. When I ordered my Bullitt and waited 6 months before I got an order approval I was wondering if maybe some of that was going on. I recall thinking that it would be a bit unfair to people who truly want a car to drive and enjoy if collectors and resellers are out there grabbing up sales allocations. I originally placed an order with my dealer in April of ‘18 and didn’t get it until April of ‘19. I missed a whole driving season. I was the 2nd person on the order sign up list and the fact I waited so long was most likely due to living in a small market area since allotments were reportedly based on a formula using sales volume. It was worth the wait, but perhaps a bit risky for an old guy who is reluctant to buy green bananas... Bruce

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Concerning the cena stuff - They had to know the bulk of people shelling out massive amounts of money for the gt were making an investment more so than providing free advertisement in a halo car.

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Concerning the cena stuff - They had to know the bulk of people shelling out massive amounts of money for the gt were making an investment more so than providing free advertisement in a halo car.
I Googled Jon Cena and by the looks of him, he probably couldn’t fit in the GT. Maybe that’s why he dumped it. I have noticed that frequently the GTs getting auctioned only have a few hundred and sometimes only a few thousand miles on them. They obviously didn’t drive them like we drive our fun cars. If you’re rich, what does it matter, right? Bruce

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I Googled Jon Cena and by the looks of him, he probably couldn’t fit in the GT. Maybe that’s why he dumped it. I have noticed that frequently the GTs getting auctioned only have a few hundred and sometimes only a few thousand miles on them. They obviously didn’t drive them like we drive our fun cars. If you’re rich, what does it matter, right? Bruce
Yeah, he is a large man, ex pro wrestler....lol(pro) turned actor like many of them do. if I had a GT i would drive the S*#t out of it. putting tires on it after every fill up!

Sponsored
OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
It's being sold on Jan 10
Hi Tony - I spoke with a good friend (a car guy) who is friends with 2 brothers who are part of the Mecum operation. They live in our area and I asked my friend (I don’t have cable TV) if he was planning to watch the auction and if so, I would like to join him. We were out to dinner tonight (his birthday celebration) and he texted one of the brothers who said the Bullitt is presently scheduled to be auctioned at 1pm on the 11th (Saturday) not the 10th. Saturday would seem to make more sense. Of course if his finger typed 11 by mistake?? The brother said he would text my friend 20 minutes ahead of time as it’s actual time cannot be exact because of unknowns. To the best of my knowledge this is accurate information, but of course I can’t guarantee it. I was introduced to one of the brothers in the past, so I know that part is factual... Bruce

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tony - I spoke with a good friend (a car guy) who is friends with 2 brothers who are part of the Mecum operation. They live in our area and I asked my friend (I don’t have cable TV) if he was planning to watch the auction and if so, I would like to join him. We were out to dinner tonight (his birthday celebration) and he texted one of the brothers who said the Bullitt is presently scheduled to be auctioned at 1pm on the 11th (Saturday) not the 10th. Saturday would seem to make more sense. Of course if his finger hit 11th by mistake?? The brother said he would text my friend 20 minutes ahead of time as it’s actual time cannot be exact because of unknowns. To the best of my knowledge this is accurate information, but of course I can’t guarantee it. I was introduced to one of the brothers in the past, so I know that part is factual... Bruce
It still shows as a Friday lot on the website. It's possible it could have been changed back. Originally it was supposed to be sold on Saturday, Jan 11, when it was first listed on the Mecum website.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I would love to see it auction off. Can one one remind us all?