Sponsored

Converting Bullitt to A10 whats needed!!

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
what's needed? zero common sense, that's what's needed. this is the dumbest thing I've read this week! Why did you even buy a Bullitt? More money than sense?
i bought it then my health condition i have has been causing loss of use in my left leg and foot im lucky somedays if i can drive the car for 30 min around locally before i have to bring it back home- Way to Judge people ,
Sponsored

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Already have An 18 A10 PP in royal crimson I bought the Bullitt for the color , I am not a corvette guy either, I liked the LS cars but am not a fan of the LT engine I have had a ton more Mustangs prior to the 2 I have now and fast one at that , I am not thin skinned trust me and Bringing salt - never just that you made an assumption that I was stupid and wealthy turns out I’m Im neither . Just a car guy never would have bought a manual if I knew it was going to be hit or miss with my health. Some days I’m great but the ones I’m not are the ones I usually want to drive the Bullitt and I have a hard time paying for a car that sits -goes 1000 miles a year , I really have to figure out what to do with this car , probably just wait until spring unless I find something that’s worth trading it in on .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I Already have An 18 A10 PP in royal crimson I bought the Bullitt for the color , I am not a corvette guy either, I liked the LS cars but am not a fan of the LT engine I have had a ton more Mustangs prior to the 2 I have now and fast one at that , I am not thin skinned trust me and Bringing salt - never just that you made an assumption that I was stupid and wealthy turns out I’m Im neither . Just a car guy never would have bought a manual if I knew it was going to be hit or miss with my health. Some days I’m great but the ones I’m not are the ones I usually want to drive the Bullitt and I have a hard time paying for a car that sits -goes 1000 miles a year , I really have to figure out what to do with this car , probably just wait until spring unless I find something that’s worth trading it in on .
The cost to swap out the transmission would probably cost about the same as adding a SC. People do that everyday. This shouldn’t be that big of a deal if you can find a shop you trust to do it. If the car means that much to you (and I do not believe you would have asked if it didn’t) why not look into doing it?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
To the OP: if it was me, I'd just sell the Bullitt. It's not that much different than your PP1, except for the color. If the color is that important to you, get the PP1 painted highland green (although a good paint job isn't cheap). If the wheels are critical, buy some aftermarket Bullitt wheels. Sure, you wouldn't have an official Bullitt, but you'd be pretty darn close to the real thing.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I already own a 18 PP A10 in crimson red I want my Bullitt to be AUTO also
But then it's no longer going to be a Bullit, so why do it ? No difference than buying another car except you already have one like that.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If there was an easy way to do it I would have done the exact same thing. Unbelievably stupid of Ford not to built the recent Bullitt with the A10.

Friend of mine had his Saleen Parnelli Jones converted to auto. Cost him over 10K and that was 8 or 9 years ago. Easiest way might be to buy an extra 10AT car, swap the transmissions between them and then sell that car again with the manual. That way you are guaranteed to have all the parts you need for both swaps.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It's not that much different than your PP1, except for the color.
Actually it is but you would have to be a diehard Bullitt fan to get it. Not everybody does or care to and that’s fine. But it if doesn’t say Bullitt it’s not a Bullitt.
Unbelievably stupid of Ford not to built the recent Bullitt with the A10.
It’s the whole history thing. The original movie car was a manual, so all Bullitt’s have to be manuals. Sucks for me because I really, really wanted one (bum knee).

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Actually it is but you would have to be a diehard Bullitt fan to get it. Not everybody does or care to and that’s fine. But it if doesn’t say Bullitt it’s not a Bullitt.

It’s the whole history thing. The original movie car was a manual, so all Bullitt’s have to be manuals. Sucks for me because I really, really wanted one (bum knee).
I meant from a performance standpoint, the difference between a PP1 GT and Bullitt is essentially zero. A Bullitt, from a chassis standpoint, is a PP1 GT. The engine has 20 more hp, but that hasn't really proven to make it a quicker car, that I've seen. MagneRide is an option on both trims.

I understand it has visual changes (badges, color, wheels, grille, etc.) that make it a Bullitt, and that's fine, but nothing that truly affects performance (beyond the 20 hp bump) over a PP1 GT. It also comes standard with many of the same features on a GT Premium /premium plus, but those aren't unique to the Bullitt so I don't really count those as a Bullitt only feature.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I meant from a performance standpoint, the difference between a PP1 GT and Bullitt is essentially zero. A Bullitt, from a chassis standpoint, is a PP1 GT. The engine has 20 more hp, but that hasn't really proven to make it a quicker car, that I've seen. MagneRide is an option on both trims.

I understand it has visual changes (badges, color, wheels, grille, etc.) that make it a Bullitt, and that's fine, but nothing that truly affects performance (beyond the 20 hp bump) over a PP1 GT. It also comes standard with many of the same features on a GT Premium /premium plus, but those aren't unique to the Bullitt so I don't really count those as a Bullitt only feature.
Everything you say is true but the Bullitt is not about any additional performance. No one buys the Bullitt for the xtra 20 HP. They buy it because it's a "Bullitt". That said there are some folks that bought it because they just love green cars and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. There are also those who buy it in black. Guess they like the car put do not like green. As they say, different strokes..........

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I would say a Bullitt with 4.09 gears, BMR cradle/vertical links, half shafts, Kooks long tubes, E85 tune, and a drag pack (skinnies/slicks) would be a lot of fun on the street in a straight line. Hide a 175 shot for second gear. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say a Bullitt with 4.09 gears, BMR cradle/vertical links, half shafts, Kooks long tubes, E85 tune, and a drag pack (skinnies/slicks) would be a lot of fun on the street in a straight line. Hide a 175 shot for second gear. ;)
I like the way you think!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Everything you say is true but the Bullitt is not about any additional performance. No one buys the Bullitt for the xtra 20 HP. They buy it because it's a "Bullitt". That said there are some folks that bought it because they just love green cars and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. There are also those who buy it in black. Guess they like the car put do not like green. As they say, different strokes..........
Yes, I realize the significance of the name is what makes people buy the Bullitt - no argument from me on that.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I like the way you think!
Why don't you just pick up one of the low milage 10-speed swap kits on ebay and have it installed in the Bullitt. People auto swap the 6-speed into the 15-17s all the time and I know there have already been people auto swap the 10-speed into the 18+. You can even get a 180mph Bullitt digital dash to go with the auto.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I almost got a Bullit. Besides the fact I love the dark green ohhhhh that green stitching inside the interior (seats, etc), I freakin love the green stitching
Sponsored