FordPass Connect reply

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well got my reply from the Michigan Department of Attorney General from Ford. Ford's reply "Our consumer affairs department has reviewed the complaint concern regarding the sales concern with FordPass Connect. We are sorry to hear he had a difficult experience purchasing the vehicle. Unfortunately this is a sakes issue and needs to be addressed directly with the dealership. We would advise him to keep working with his dealership to resolve this.
Looks like Ford is putting the blame on the dealership, what a crock, I sent the attorney general the sales brochure of FordPass Connect showing it is standard in the 2019 Mustang Bullitt, Ford lies and they go along with it,
Sponsored

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
This SUX!! :curse:
I replied to Ford, Attorney General with Fords letter and the link for FordPass Connect to show it is a factory installed part not dealer installed. Ford keeps telling fabrications.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Complaints take time. But at least you have ford on record saying it is a dealer installed part when they have also said it can only he installed at the factory.

They have to pick one and stick with it. If it is a dealer installed part, then they have to let the dealers order and install it. At this point, i would settle for that.

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2016 4Runner, 2013 Dodge charger
Vehicle Showcase
Whats the part that is needed

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Whats the part that is needed
I think it is 14g229 and the wiring. Problem is that ford will not allow the dealers to order or install on bullitts.

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I think it is 14g229 and the wiring. Problem is that ford will not allow the dealers to order or install on bullitts.
Ford's reply to me from their legal analyst is it is a dealer sales problem and to work with dealer on it, they refuse to admit deceptive advertising in stating standard on the Bullitt.

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Hoping you get somewhere with this issue. We should get what they advertised and what we paid for.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
... Unfortunately this is a sakes issue and needs to be addressed directly with the dealership...
Complaints take time. But at least you have ford on record saying it is a dealer installed part when they have also said it can only he installed at the factory.
FWIW, they're not saying it's a dealer installed part. They're saying it is a "sales issue", pushing back that the dealer could and should have told you that it didn't come on the Bullitt.

Ford's reply to me from their legal analyst is it is a dealer sales problem and to work with dealer on it, they refuse to admit deceptive advertising in stating standard on the Bullitt.
Their position regarding the reliability of their advertising is spelled out as the last part of the last paragraph, and especially the last line, in the brochure (highlight is mine):
"Information is provided on an “as is” basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford Dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles."
I have sent this link to Ford, Ford's legal analyst, my state attorney general, michigan attorney general. States right on it standard on 2019 Bullitt. Ford has the nerve to say dealer problem.
https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html
That link has the same clarification, at the bottom of the page under disclosures, as the very first item (again, my highlight):
"Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles."
Therefore, whether it's the brochure or the link, their response then shakes to one of two cases, depending on how you answer the question "Did you ask the dealer if it came with FPC?":
If you answer "Yes", their response will be that you need to speak with the dealer, as he is the one who sold you the car and he is the one who gave you incorrect information. You may have a state consumer complaint against the dealer, and if the dealer really did tell you that it was included, that's probably the path that you should be pursuing.​
-or-
If you answer "No", their response will be that you should have confirmed with the person who sold it to you that the feature you wanted was included before you paid for it and/or took delivery.​

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, they're not saying it's a dealer installed part. They're saying it is a "sales issue", pushing back that the dealer could and should have told you that it didn't come on the Bullitt.

Their position regarding the reliability of their advertising is spelled out as the last part of the last paragraph, and especially the last line, in the brochure (highlight is mine):
"Information is provided on an “as is” basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford Dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles."

That link has the same clarification, at the bottom of the page under disclosures, as the very first item (again, my highlight):
"Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles."
Therefore, whether it's the brochure or the link, their response then shakes to one of two cases, depending on how you answer the question "Did you ask the dealer if it came with FPC?":
If you answer "Yes", their response will be that you need to speak with the dealer, as he is the one who sold you the car and he is the one who gave you incorrect information. You may have a state consumer complaint against the dealer, and if the dealer really did tell you that it was included, that's probably the path that you should be pursuing.​
-or-
If you answer "No", their response will be that you should have confirmed with the person who sold it to you that the feature you wanted was included before you paid for it and/or took delivery.​
Zooks, appreciate the breakdown. Especially the breakdown of "sales issue".

Concerning advertisement, the FTC is clear. Ford can use as much language as they want on that. The fact that they origianlly planned to put the module on the car, but removed it without updating their principle website advertising the module is at odds with the following ftc statement:

"When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The Federal Trade Commission enforces these truth-in-advertising laws, and it applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – in newspapers and magazines, online, in the mail, or on billboards or buses."

Ford is a multibillion dollar company operating in a digital age. Information ford puts on their websites has to pass multiple desk before getting pushed to the publishing team. Their statement concerning the inclusion of fordpass connect can not be overlooked or diffused by a "hey, if we broke federal law with any of our adds... our bad." They broke ftc law and some of their customers are calling them on it.

Will anything come of it, I do not know. The ftc does not move fast on anything (unless you got class action lawyer money), but that should not discourage anyone from reaching out to the agency and/or state AG.

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Got another reply real fast, Ford just double talks. I sent Ford and the Michigan Attorney General the brochure showing ForPass Connect standard on the 2019 Bullitt. I wrote and the brochure stated what FordPass Connect does as well as stating it needs a modem and bracket they did not install. Ford's reply is laughable as they think everyone is as dumb as they are or is the Consumer Affairs Legal Analyst really that dumb, "Did the 2019 Mustang come with a modem and bracket installed? Exactly what functions are you having difficulties with? What are the features that you feel you are entitled to, but are missing?"

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Got another reply real fast, Ford just double talks. I sent Ford and the Michigan Attorney General the brochure showing ForPass Connect standard on the 2019 Bullitt. I wrote and the brochure stated what FordPass Connect does as well as stating it needs a modem and bracket they did not install. Ford's reply is laughable as they think everyone is as dumb as they are or is the Consumer Affairs Legal Analyst really that dumb, "Did the 2019 Mustang come with a modem and bracket installed? Exactly what functions are you having difficulties with? What are the features that you feel you are entitled to, but are missing?"
There is power in numbers!!! someone has to get a law firm to start a class action suit with enough 2019 Bullitt owners to join in. problem is that these lawyers will only get paid if Ford settles or if someone plunks enough money down in front of them. lawyers are businessmen, and if there's no money in it for them, they will not take the case. hopefully a laywer will buy one and take on the behemoth that is Ford! I have sued Ford back in the late 80's and let me tell you it is no easy task. my lawyer said its like sueing the government.......lol

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is power in numbers!!! someone has to get a law firm to start a class action suit with enough 2019 Bullitt owners to join in. problem is that these lawyers will only get paid if Ford settles or if someone plunks enough money down in front of them. lawyers are businessmen, and if there's no money in it for them, they will not take the case. hopefully a laywer will buy one and take on the behemoth that is Ford! I have sued Ford back in the late 80's and let me tell you it is no easy task. my lawyer said its like sueing the government.......lol
If you want to go that route, look for the lawyers that got involved in the gt350 limp-mode stuff from a few years ago.

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I just sent a whole packet to the consumers division to the FTC for false and deceptive advertising with the web site link and I printed the part showing it as standard equipment on the 2019 Bullitt and it affects approximately 8000. Included the letters sent to the attorney generals and Fords consumer affairs legal analysts ridiculous replies, The latest response which I posted I replied to him stating where did he learn to reply like that by watching Abbott and Costellos who's on first routine.
Sponsored