Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a 18' GT Premium Non-PP 10 Speed Auto and I'm looking to improve the handling just a little. I have to say this is just a fun street car and I am planning to add a blower. So far I have Eibach sport line lowering springs, some lightweight 20's and Brembo 6 piston brakes. I've done a little research on the forum far as putting Base GT350 sway bars on GT but I was told its not recommended because base gt350 suspension works better as a system. I can say that car feel like its all over the place at times especially at high speeds. Having the car a little bit more planted is the Goal. Any advice?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
With the blower & keeping the power to the ground down the road, you should look at Steeda's Stop the Hop Kit - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

Although it's not too budget-friendly but for all of our Q-Series cars that are SC ... we run the complete package. It will definitely firm up the rear of the car for spirited driving - I can also set you up with a professional consultation with one of our build experts to ensure you are building a package to be fit your future goals.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I would recommend three items to stiffen the frame/chassis, all three are "low budget":
1) Ford Performance cowl brace (to stiffen the front of the car, I do not know if the Steeda Strut Tower brace would fit over a "blower").
2) Steeda K-member brace (stiffen the middle of the car)
3) Steeda Stop the Hop Kit. Start with the Starter Kit, if you need more hop control later, then upgrade. The Stop the Hop kit is also beneficial to firm up the rear of the car.

Lots of good information here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...extension-lower-k-brace-install-guide.100800/
Nice pictures in here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cowl-or-k-brace-standard.64366/

Personal experience:
I have a 2019 GT non-PP, with the 20" tires so it came with a K-Member brace, it also included the cowl bracing.
After driving for a few weeks, and the initial excitement of my first Mustang wore off, I was surprised how "floaty" the front was and "shifty" the rear was.
I added the Steeda Strut Tower Brace and the Steeda Stop-the-Hop starter kit. Now the handling is firmer and I think balanced.
I enjoy going fast on freeway entrance and exit ramps, and because of the more predictable, flat, and balanced handling, I have the confidence to drive faster.

Also, I have read on the forums here that many people with way more experience than me recommend going step by step with upgrades like this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend three items to stiffen the frame/chassis, all three are "low budget":
1) Ford Performance cowl brace (to stiffen the front of the car, I do not know if the Steeda Strut Tower brace would fit over a "blower").
2) Steeda K-member brace (stiffen the middle of the car)
3) Steeda Stop the Hop Kit. Start with the Starter Kit, if you need more hop control later, then upgrade. The Stop the Hop kit is also beneficial to firm up the rear of the car.

Lots of good information here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...extension-lower-k-brace-install-guide.100800/
Nice pictures in here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cowl-or-k-brace-standard.64366/

Personal experience:
I have a 2019 GT non-PP, with the 20" tires so it came with a K-Member brace, it also included the cowl bracing.
After driving for a few weeks, and the initial excitement of my first Mustang wore off, I was surprised how "floaty" the front was and "shifty" the rear was.
I added the Steeda Strut Tower Brace and the Steeda Stop-the-Hop starter kit. Now the handling is firmer and I think balanced.
I enjoy going fast on freeway entrance and exit ramps, and because of the more predictable, flat, and balanced handling, I have the confidence to drive faster.

Also, I have read on the forums here that many people with way more experience than me recommend going step by step with upgrades like this.
I was thinking about getting those parts from a performance pack car or gt350

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
performance pack car or gt350
the deficiencies of the Mustang cross all models, including PP1/2 and GT350. Sure you can source the PP1 K-member, and maybe the GT350 sways are half price of aftermarket.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The GT350 sway bars are in the same size range as aftermarket bars. So the only downsize to runing them is you lose the adjustability of aftermarket bars. And you have to seprately order the mounts and hardware that comes with the aftermarket kits. I don't understand why Ford Performance doesn't offer them as upgrade kits, and the GT350 springs.

They are an excellent bang for the buck suspension upgrade.

OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 sway bars are in the same size range as aftermarket bars. So the only downsize to runing them is you lose the adjustability of aftermarket bars. And you have to seprately order the mounts and hardware that comes with the aftermarket kits. I don't understand why Ford Performance doesn't offer them as upgrade kits, and the GT350 springs.

They are an excellent bang for the buck suspension upgrade.

I asked somebody about running the GT350R sway bars and I was told it was a damn idea. Everybody keeps recommending aftermarket everything. I need shocks and struts more than anything but don’t know if I should go with Ford Track Pack shocks&struts Or Steeda
Sponsored