2019 GT Premium

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Hey my compooter skills aint great. They're right after lokerola's points.
Ohhh I see what you did now lol.

You just answered in the quote. Got it.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have to take my car through the car wash as I live in an upscale apartment complex that does not allow washing cars. Crappy rule, but it is what it is.

Every time I take it through the wash, any wash, the driver's side front end just below the headlight...there's a crease right there...gets marked black and I get black smears in that area. If I don't do anything about cleaning it, then in about three washes it will come off and look brand new. It is aggravating to no end and nobody I've met has been able to explain why it happens only on that one side.

I HATE Ford paint with a passion.
Like I mentioned the paint on my F250'S is fantastic. Just my experience with these cars so far is it would be a good idea to have a PPF put on the front bumper cover at least. I think that will help. Other than that I love the car. It is so fun to drive. I have an estimate to do shortly and can't wait for an excuse to leave the house in the Mustang. I've been playing musical cars for the last couple weeks driving out to my warehouse and driving a different vehicle home so they can all be driven during the winter. We don't have snow here all that often so no salt to worry about just cold temps.

BadNews_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Little update.
I have one more concern.

Perhaps it's due to being black(more noticeable) or inherent cost cuts.

But I swear this is some of the weakest paint and clear coat I've seen.

I've owned foxes, SNs and an unhealthy amount of S197s.

Why is it I have rock chips in 8 months when I could own my others for years at a time between blemishes.

I'm seriously about to wrap it or something.

I rarely drive, and have caught a few nicks.

Nothing some touch up didn't fix, but considering the age and amount of care, I would think the paint could at least look at debris.

Could just be me.

But I've had to correct 6.

Usually you have to really ride a semi or something to catch these.

But something I've noticed

Sponsored

StynkyLomax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10R80
2019 GT Premium. 9 months and 20K miles and I’ve have ZERO issues. I don’t have the “tick” and even if it does develop at some point, I’m not worried. My mustang is a daily driver and my only vehicle. So far it’s been very reliable. I’d say go for it.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Little update.
I have one more concern.

Perhaps it's due to being black(more noticeable) or inherent cost cuts.

But I swear this is some of the weakest paint and clear coat I've seen.

I've owned foxes, SNs and an unhealthy amount of S197s.

Why is it I have rock chips in 8 months when I could own my others for years at a time between blemishes.

I'm seriously about to wrap it or something.

I rarely drive, and have caught a few nicks.

Nothing some touch up didn't fix, but considering the age and amount of care, I would think the paint could at least look at debris.

Could just be me.

But I've had to correct 6.

Usually you have to really ride a semi or something to catch these.

But something I've noticed
Dig through this thread or the "issues" section and you'll see you're far from alone. This paint chips if you look at it funny

BadNews_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
At first I thought it was just the decklid, which I had heard of since the '13-'14.

Then I bought one, decklid caught one. Cleaned it up, then as the months rolled by, fender, hood, just above the chin spoiler, then inexplicably the top of the trunk.

Yeah, it's been a headache.

But I'm thinking next spring I'll go have it wrapped. Cheap way to protect the black and maybe change color every few years.

Still love this car though.
Best Mustang (in stock trim) I've ever owned. Came with things I didn't even know I liked.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I bought my 18 on Sept 23, since then I've added around 8k miles already. Have took it to the track several times back to back.

I LOVE this car so far. Had the engine tic, added ceratec and it has gone away for now. My 13 also had the tic though, I drove that car to 107k miles with the MT82 being the only issue.

I think you should go for it, you'll love it!!
Sponsored