2018, 2019, 2020 Mustang GT experience

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
And no fancy oil I checked (Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Castrol) met the B1 spec you noted.
Not sure this is totally correct. Castrol Edge 0W20, 5W20, 5W30 all meet or exceed ACEA A1/B1 per their website. Those are all readily available at Canadian Tire and most or car parts stores. Now not all Castrol oils do, but those are the three common weights.
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Not sure this is totally correct. Castrol Edge 0W20, 5W20, 5W30 all meet or exceed ACEA A1/B1 per their website. Those are all readily available at Canadian Tire and most or car parts stores. Now not all Castrol oils do, but those are the three common weights.
Not where I am in Ottawa they weren't. I went to several stores CTC included and none of them had that spec noted on them. Its possible its on their website but it wasn't on the actual bottles I checked. Now I'm sure that they would meet or likely exceed it but I wanted it to say so on the bottle. I'm sure I checked the Castrol ones too but its possible I didn't as it was a good while ago.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I traded in my 2018 GT a few months ago at about 7,500 miles. I decided that it was way more car than I wanted and I got frustrated that there were not many places where I could go full throttle. It was also too nice a car to make into a dedicated race car with a roll cage and other safety gear so I sold it.

I never heard any unusual noises nor did I have any issues with the car at all.

It had the ten-speed automatic which I just loved due to its super-fast shifts and plenty of gears. It was brutally fast even with a stock engine. When I drove it sanely on the highway at 70 - 72 mph I consistently got 28 - 29 mpg.

My GT was not my daily driver - I have a Chevy Colorado pickup for that - so it was just a toy and I stored it over the winter. I added a bunch of Steeda suspension parts to lower the car by 1.25" F/1.0" rear and it had a great stance but turned out to be too stiff for Michigan roads which aren't in the best shape. If I had to do it over again I probably would have gone with a softer spring or just left it stock.

I also installed an H-pipe resonator delete running through the stock mufflers and the sound was fabulous.

My car had the 301A package which was essentially a Premium without the digital dash and leather. The seats were super comfortable on long trips and the big trunk was a bonus.

I've owned many cars over the years and I can say that my Mustang GT was the best car that I ever owned.
I have a 2015 V6 and am probably going to trade up for a GT in a year or two. I was amused reading your post because your car is exactly what I want, 301A with A10. And I would do an H-pipe and possibly suspension mods. :)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Not where I am in Ottawa they weren't. I went to several stores CTC included and none of them had that spec noted on them. Its possible its on their website but it wasn't on the actual bottles I checked. Now I'm sure that they would meet or likely exceed it but I wanted it to say so on the bottle. I'm sure I checked the Castrol ones too but its possible I didn't as it was a good while ago.

Check again . Here is one I bought in the summer.
IMG_20191124_1716336.jpg

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Check again . Here is one I bought in the summer.
IMG_20191124_1716336.jpg
I don't see this number on those specifications...... that it says in my 2019 manual. Again I'm not trying to argue the oil you are using is insufficient in any way I'm only saying it doesn't have the spec listed in the manual. it just seems the -B1 is something new for 2019 perhaps not sure though. So no I could not buy the -B1 oil from anyone here but ford and it appears you discovered the same thing ironically.

oil.jpg

From the Motorcraft container I have........

oil2.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I don't see this number on those specifications...... that it says in my 2019 manual. Again I'm not trying to argue the oil you are using is insufficient in any way I'm only saying it doesn't have the spec listed in the manual. it just seems the -B1 is something new for 2019 perhaps not sure though. So no I could not buy the -B1 oil from anyone here but ford and it appears you discovered the same thing ironically.

oil.jpg

From the Motorcraft container I have........

oil2.jpg
Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. You are correct, it does note specifically state the Ford "B1" spec.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
My 19 GT A10 is 8 months old, 15K miles and a daily driver, not so much driving on raining days. I got a 08 tundra with 211K on it for crappy weather. I enjoy my Mustang and really like everything about it. I got a rattle inside someplace, it is intermittent, im not planning on chasing it. Turn the radio up. Ive had a couple oil changes, no issues, dont know about ticks or anything like that, I dont stand around trying to find things wrong with it. The only thing I sometimes wonder is the Stinger I drove might have been a better road trip car. But my wife’s Mazda 6 Signature is pretty awesome for that. Probably get her a Tesla next or the new Mach e.....LOL

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I have my '19 for a year now/ the best car I've ever owned. Had a mild "tick" SOMETIMES for a minute or 2 while warming up, then gone. After I had my first oil change ( @ 6000 miles) it went away for good.

BadNews_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
6400 miles on my 2019 6spd no issues to report.

Occasional light rattle in what seems to be the center of the dash.

A little throttle or radio volume knob fixes that.

Granted I only began hearing it after I ditched the sound tube.

But I wouldn't fret.
5 year power train warranty, I'd say send it.

I see 7400 at least twice a month.

No tick yet, but honestly I think it's been overblown.

My personal theory is the composite oil pan and massive engine cover.

Could make unnoticeable sounds more pronounced, and the cover deflects them downward.

Bottom line, I'm beyond content with my purchase. I'd recommend it, can't speak for the A10 though, sorry.

Actually I do have a complaint.
I'm impatiently waiting for a power pack or two.

Either that or my warranty to end.

It's a swell ride, but I'm itching for more power. Not because I think it's lacking, just because I think it'd be even more fun.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Congrats! By the way, it's 5.0.
In some parts of Europe, they use commas instead of decimal points as convention, but I don’t know that Germans say “fumpf komma null” .

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The salt is strong in this thread.

Don't buy a Mustang, because you are not a Mustang guy.... if you want a garage queen, buy a BMW plz, because it seems you are not a gearhead and don't care much about getting your hands dirty.

Stick with a Yuppy car, it better for you, because all you are going to do is make other Mustang driver's look bad & ignorant...!
Mustang drivers do this easily. How are you different?

We have in internet superhero here guys...

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Mine has been good so far. 4 months, 4k miles.

Some rattles have shown up quick here and there and the paint is stupid thin, but mechanically it has been ok.
The paint is very very soft that is my main issue. I've owned dozens and dozens of vehicles including many Fords. I have 2 late model F250's and one black with a beautiful green/blue flake and a ruby red 19 Mustang and both it and the black 18 model have very soft paint. Takes nothing to chip or scratch. The F250'S paint is very hard. I can't seem to find a scratch or chip on either. I'm not sure what's going on with the Mustangs. I've even put several layers of 9h ceramic and has done nothing to deter scratches. I'm going to remove the ceramic and put on a PPF then ceramic on top.

To the OP...I have seen many of those youtube videos and believe there are some with this issue but I am not sure how much it is the DI or a scoring on the cylinder walls. The Mustangs I have both sound great. So idk maybe it is a common issue but the 18 has 38k miles on it and sounds fine and the 19 has 660 miles on it so again idk. They are a blast to drive

Last edited:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What now...? I've put 7500 miles on mine in 5 months and its fine. I redline the hell out of it every time I drive it.

I think you're being dramatic.
Man, I wish I had the balls to redline it even 10% of the time I drive it. It's so fast and loud I feel like I'll get pulled over every time I nail it like that.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There is nothing wrong with the car. Every car I have ever owned and went on a forum there is a group complaining about the paint, there is a group complaining about some noise and insist its a doom situation that the automaker must fix and the automaker is all over there just shaking their head. The Mustang is no different. its a car , driven at high speeds on roads that have rocks and salt and sand and various other flying objects. There is gonna be paint chips there is gonna be paint damage. as for ticks rattles and other assorted sounds...its a flippin car with thousands of moving parts. something is gonna tick or rattle. yeah there are hundreds of videos claiming the tick is an issue... ford says no its not. And I have yet to see a video or other saying the tick has cause any kind of failure. its just a bunch of people wanting to find anything to complain about. Buy one, enjoy it, if it ticks so what. if it gets a chip again so what. neither of these things affects the car.

My buddy has 15k miles on his car in 6 months of ownership, it ticks.. he races it , redlines it, basically drives like a mad man and it runs just fine.

If you go to any forum for any car and read you will find 20 problems with that car. no car is perfect. just buy it :)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Why would you buy a car like this to drive it like a dink?
Sponsored