Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
...we can absolutely debate about due to the nature of inaccurate climate models and the massive amount of variables that play into them. I have no problem debating this topic.
A good, honest debate can be enlightening to both sides, so thank you for that.

The second part is the EVIDENCE for climate change. This includes data taken from ice cores and various other sources that fairly accurately tell us about Earth's past climate. That data really can't be argued.... That data is also what tells us that Earth is experiencing a MASSIVE increase in the RATE of warming unlike anything within the last millennium. A reason for that is us. It's asinine to argue that climate change is not real and that we are not at least A CAUSE for it.
The earth has a long history of "MASSIVE" rates of change in temperature, both hot and cold, and most of them have taken place at times when modern humans did not exist or when humans did exist but were not burning any fossil fuels; the most recent would be the last ice age.

I have no problem with someone, anyone claiming to believe in man-made climate change. What I do have a problem with is being preached to by anyone who claims to believe in man-made climate change, but doesn't alter their lifestyle in any way to suggest that their belief is in any way sincere; all-the-while attempting to obtain political power in order to use the Gub'ment to force ME to change my lifestyle while still living the life of a climate sinner, i.e. every single Democratic politician at the national level.

Getting back to the V8 discussion, what I find absolutely baffling is that most people fail to understand the fact that even if the North America, western Europe, Australia, Japan, and the rest of the developed world magically switched 100% to EV cars, the demand for gasoline in those areas would drop dramatically, and so would the price. This in turn would make gasoline less expensive in the developing world (most of China, SE Asia, and Africa) and those people will buy it and burn it in their ICE cars.

Switching to all EV cars in the developed world will not prevent the oil from being burned. It will only change the location on the planet where it is burned...!

And that is why I will continue to drive and love my V8 powered Mustang, and continue to burn every drop of gasoline I can within my meager budget, opportunities, and lifestyle. I suggest we all do the same because at the end of the day, it won't make any difference in the long run.

Mic drop...
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Listening to the 12 speaker audio at modest volume instead of having to drown out the anguished cries of dinosaurs souls being ushered to a fiery death.
Cars are already so quiet and isolated that manufacturers are piping noise into the car. Including this Caravan posing as a pony car. If silent operation were really something people want why aren't manufacturers using their stereos to do engine noise cancellation instead of enhancement?

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
nrc said
The tax breaks are going to necessarily dry up. The carrot is being replaced by the stick.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/IF11017.pdf

Federal EV Tax Credit Phase Out Tracker By Automaker

https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/

Electric vehicle sales plummet in Ontario after rebate cancellation

https://globalnews.ca/news/6298949/electric-vehicle-sales-down-ontario/
Good examples. Add this one about registration fees.

17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles
https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/13-states-now-charge-fees-for-electric-vehicles

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Holy Moly! How could you ever want to do away with this! BLASPHEMY!!!

Lol

“I guess that means this is the first 2020 GT500 tuned”

AKA

“I’m the first person to void a 2020 GT500 warranty!”

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hack you do make some very good points. But, (you know that was coming :)) ask the folks in Alaska about the Permafrost. They cannot afford to sit back and wait for predictions to come true.
What I want is a computer model that can be applied to the past 70+ years of recorded data that agrees with everything that has happened in those 70 years. If global temps went up, went down, approximately how much, and how the changes in temperature link to other information such as CO2 or other gasses % in the atmosphere. If they can't do that, they are just BSing us.

There have been warmer and cooler global temperatures in the past. Scientists freely admit that THEY DON'T KNOW WHY.

So WTF - you're going to spend all this money and take my V8 away and YOU DON'T KNOW?!?!

It's BS. All of it. It's a way to power, control and money. That's all.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
My problem with the Ford Coyote is that it looks so ugly. Pug ugly, and I was ashamed to show it when anyone asked for a look.

V8's used to be beautiful, now they look like the back of my fridge.
Looks great with a polished Whipple supercharger sitting on top!

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So WTF - you're going to spend all this money and take my V8 away and YOU DON'T KNOW?!?!

It's BS. All of it. It's a way to power, control and money. That's all.
Political paranoia for the win! It's easy to explain everything away and justify your beliefs when it's all just a conspiracy... :bandit:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Even if my GT takes 16 seconds to get to 60mph and the Tesla can do it in 4, I will still row my 6 speed and listen to that glorious engine sound and revel in the clouds of C02 spewing out the tailpipe knowing I'm saving the planet by producing an abundance of plant food. You could give me a Tesla 3 for free and I would drive my #3 screw driver thru the battery pack (or fire some 9mm rounds into it) and take a sawzall to the wiring and set it on fire to burn to a pile of ash before I'd consider driving it.

That's the amount of utter contempt I have for Tesla Musk the man, his company, and the brazen scientific fraud that is AGW "science" and the rank hypocrisy of the political actors likewise involved.
:)
I agree with you on having a manual with a sports car, but that is me and my preference. I really don't care about the instant speed part of an EV. For me, the real win for an EV over ICE is fuel economy. None of the Tesla owners I know bought i because it is fast. Tesla should get rid of the useless speed and tune them to get 500 miles. That would get the attention of a lot more people. As many have said on this forum - and I agree - most car buyers are just getting a car to commute in. They rarely race around. The Mustang is far beyond fast for the street and a heck of a lot of fun on a track (for me not drag strip). The Tesla may be fast, but it is far too quiet and has IMHO a crappy looking interior. Just not my cup of tea. At least the Taycan has a pretty awesome looking interior, but I would pass on it for a GT2 RS any day.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
nrc said
17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/13-states-now-charge-fees-for-electric-vehicles

So the politicians ride around in there 12mpg Suburban's preaching to us we need to save the planet and buy EV's while removing any incentive to do so. :facepalm:
Wait until they actually charge what they are losing with ICE cars. Based on the article, probably double what they charge now.

As for the politicians, not all of them have the environment at the forefront of their to do lists...both sides of the aisle, however you sentiment is not lost on the irony of it all.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Tesla should get rid of the useless speed and tune them to get 500 miles. That would get the attention of a lot more people.
That's not quite how the physics work. It still takes a certain amount of energy to move a vehicle down the road regardless of peak power. If you want to increase range, you reduce losses. Rolling resistance (thinner and harder rubber, magnetic bearings, etc...), Drag, weight, etc... All need to be reduced in order to increase range. That or just go crazy and increase the battery pack size (Tesla roadster with a 200kw pack and an estimated range over 600 miles)

This tuning is why a Tesla can do 220 miles on a 50kw pack while Ford needs 75kw to do it. It's why Tesla can do 325 miles with 750hp on a 100kw pack while Porsche can't manage more than 210 miles on a 95kw pack and 616 hp with bursts to 760hp.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Even if my GT takes 16 seconds to get to 60mph and the Tesla can do it in 4, I will still row my 6 speed and listen to that glorious engine sound and revel in the clouds of C02 spewing out the tailpipe knowing I'm saving the planet by producing an abundance of plant food. You could give me a Tesla 3 for free and I would drive my #3 screw driver thru the battery pack (or fire some 9mm rounds into it) and take a sawzall to the wiring and set it on fire to burn to a pile of ash before I'd consider driving it.

That's the amount of utter contempt I have for Tesla Musk the man, his company, and the brazen scientific fraud that is AGW "science" and the rank hypocrisy of the political actors likewise involved.
:)
You know it’s not healthy to keep it all in. You really need to let it out. :like::dance::)
Sponsored