Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
#5...The Green New Deal is not law, and it won't be without a major political shakeup. Among other things, it calls for an end to air travel. I dont see Boeing folding up their aero business anytime soon.
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Its coming faster than you think. Everyone keeps saying not in my life time.... just gotta pay attention to the news is all. VW already has said they want all their cars electric by 2024 I think. Fords going that way as well. Cadillac has now said they are gonna make a large portion of their cars electric. Most super cars already are hybrids. A few manufactures including big ones like VW have dropped support for gas engine racing development. Just about every grocery store or big building here where I live when built has a charging area now built with it. Manual sales are down to almost 2% sports car sales in america are low. trucks last year out sodl cars a little over 2 to one. electric cars sales are doubling every year. and I saw some chart by ford not long ago that showed cars in general were like next to nothing in their sales numbers. The mustang being one that really didn't sell that well liek 1 percent of their sales or something like that. I would have to find the chart... I love the Mustang but like it or not v8/gas/manual cars are going away quick. real quick. Quicker then I think you might be aware of.

Not to mention for 2019 Mustang sales were about an average of 5600 units per month in the USA. (according to ford's web site for sales numbers). so divide that up by 30 days and 50 states. They only sell about 4 mustangs a day in the USA. Thats pretty low numbers. In 2018 the ford fusion and focus out sold the mustang and they are dropping those.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think the V8 will still be available just not for the GT. It’ll more than likely be available for shelbys where it won’t affect overall MPG of the mustang that much. Granted it’ll be an old V8 due to development costs.

I love the V8 and I’ll look at other options to get my V8 if it does go away but a V6 twin turbo EcoBoost is a superior platform for the mustang. The last V6 mustang had 300 horsepower and got 30+ mpg so with turbos you have mid 400 horsepower and probably still 30+ mpg with the A10. It’s also going to be a lot more tuneable with the turbos so I’m guessing 50+ horsepower with just a tune so I’m guessing 500-550 horsepower GT getting 30 mpg on the highway with an A10 keeping the car in boost at all times when racing.

If it’s true the V8 will go away in 2024 I really hope ford does a solid though and updates the coyote to squeeze every single last pony out they can for 2022 and have a 2 year run but to do that they’re going to have to stock up on mustangs because once they announce the V8 is going away the last model year with a V8 is going to sell like crazy.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
#5...The Green New Deal is not law, and it won't be without a major political shakeup. Among other things, it calls for an end to air travel. I dont see Boeing folding up their aero business anytime soon.
Let me guess, you read that on Facebook.

No it doesn't. It calls for incentive's for other forms of transportation to grow to a point that Air travel is LESS required. IE more high-speed rails that cross more of the country while using much less fuel than air with tech like Mag-lev. Air will always be king for crossing oceans for the foreseeable future.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'd honestly be interested in a "performance" version of the 3.0 or a new 3.5 or 3.7 Ecoboost. Would they sound as good as the v8? Nope, I'd love to see what the aftermarket does with it. Ford could even use the SVO name to slip in a 450-470hp EcoBoost v6 with PPL2 handing pack to test the market.

Sponsored

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The market is too small and the penalties for selling such high CO2 vehicles too high...

...make the most of what you have as it is all on borrowed time.
I hope that during my lifetime this "climate change / CO2 is poison" bull$hit goes the way of the Dodo bird, and people wake up from this crazy ideology.

I love the V8 and I’ll look at other options to get my V8 if it does go away but a V6 twin turbo EcoBoost is a superior platform for the mustang. The last V6 mustang had 300 horsepower and got 30+ mpg so with turbos you have mid 400 horsepower and probably still 30+ mpg with the A10. It’s also going to be a lot more tuneable with the turbos so I’m guessing 50+ horsepower with just a tune so I’m guessing 500-550 horsepower GT getting 30 mpg on the highway with an A10 keeping the car in boost at all times when racing.
If that's the case, I wouldn't mind owning a V6 TT Mustang in the future.

JMKS550

JMKS550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 300A GT automatic
Green New Deal that AOC proposed? You've got to be kidding. That will never be enacted. It would destroy the economy and put millions out of work.V8's may be going away but not for that reason.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t think there’s truth to this.

We are talking just over 4 years away. I don’t see a platform that’s received millions upon millions in R&D being hung up in that time period.

V6TT Mustangs would be the next best thing but I don’t see the V8 Mustang as we know it going away in 4 years.

Either way, I have my GT and a New Edge waiting to be brought back to life. One for twisties, the other for a straight line.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Let me guess, you read that on Facebook.

No it doesn't. It calls for incentive's for other forms of transportation to grow to a point that Air travel is LESS required. IE more high-speed rails that cross more of the country while using much less fuel than air with tech like Mag-lev. Air will always be king for crossing oceans for the foreseeable future.
No, not on social media, but A O C has said as much. Maybe she took it back. Either way, it's a distinction without a difference. Whether discouraged, disadvantaged, or banned, the plan would have a major negative impact to air travel.

My main point is that it really has no chance of being law anytime soon. I don't believe Ford would tell anyone that they are ending the V8 in part because of it. I am not calling BS on the OP's story, but definitley BS on the "reliable source".

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
And to add, if the GND did become law, about that same time some scold would try to enact requirements that any privately held automobile would have to be autonomous or some such nonsense. That darned gas pedal and steering wheel may cause you to elect an inefficient route! :)

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
No, not on social media, but A O C has said as much. Maybe she took it back. Either way, it's a distinction without a difference. Whether discouraged, disadvantaged, or banned, the plan would have a major negative impact to air travel.

My main point is that it really has no chance of being law anytime soon. I don't believe Ford would tell anyone that they are ending the V8 in part because of it. I am not calling BS on the OP's story, but definitley BS on the "reliable source".
Actually she never said it. She said the point is to make Air travel not "necessary". AKA, have viable, cleaner alternatives. The GOP loves taking it out of context though. Herself and others that helped write the deal have repeatedly said that there is 0 plan to end air travel. Just promote cleaner alternatives where and when possible.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Traveling by air is beginning to suck anyway!
In the future fantasy world we won't need to own a car. With the incorporation of 5G, robotics in the workplace, and AI... Well we can all just sit at home and collect our basic income check while machines do all our work for us. I can't wait to be unemployed surrounded by machines smarter than me. I just hope I don't get an illness or disease, they might Doctor Kirvorkian me.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
7) They don’t want us to bash the Mach E
Then they shouldn't have given us such an easy reason to. That's on them, in particular on their shortage of something called 'wisdom'.

Most of us would be fine with the 'E' for what it is and would either buy it if we actively wanted it, or leave it alone if we didn't. It really is that simple.

Norm

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I hope the V8 Mustang doesn't go away, but if it does I know I can get by on used cars for the rest of my life.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There will be no ICE cars sold in Europe after 2030 (this is legally binding) and most European car makers have stopped ICE development for the long term.
Time will tell if what was legally possible to require matches up with the realities of physics and the demands of the populations for transportation. I have a feeling that something will have to give, and given that man-made laws do not supersede those of physics . . .

Norm
Sponsored