Does M-2300-V Brembo fit base 2019 Eco?

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
I have a 2019 base eco convertible, and want to install the Ford Performance M-2300-V front Brembo kit (as I understand, the same rotors and calipers as the GT PP 1). The Ford Performance website leads me to believe the M-2300-V Brembo kit will fit my base ecoboost if I also install their performance package style wheels (or equal). I called the Ford Performance tech line to confirm the brake kit will fit, and their tech told me they will fit, and I can take that as gospel. But the tech seemed to be reading straight from their website info and didn't really display first hand knowledge. CJ Pony Parts says that the M-2300-V kit will not fit the base ecoboost (although they answer customer questions both ways (will fit and won't fit)).

Has anyone out there installed the M-2300-V kit on a 2019 base ecoboost? Are there any issues you have run into? Thanks.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, fits fine.

Melty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It will bolt up just fine. Only issue you will come across is fitment in the wheel. If you're going to use PP style wheels they will fit with no issues.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It bolts up and fits to the car without any issues. The "it does" or "it doesn't" from vendors has to do with the wheels on a base fitting with the bigger calipers installed.

OP
OP

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses, guys.

It bolts up and fits to the car without any issues. The "it does" or "it doesn't" from vendors has to do with the wheels on a base fitting with the bigger calipers installed.
CJ Pony responses to whether they will fit an Eco with larger wheels seems all over the place to me. Here are three examples:

Question: "Do these work with a manual 2018 Ecoboost Premium (non PP)? I have big enough wheels."
Answer: "No they do not."

Question: "Will this kit fit on my 2016 Ecoboost Manual Trans with the optional 20" wheels and tires?"
Answer: "Yes it will."

Question: "Will this be compatible with a 2016 Ecoboost Premium with the 20" Foundary Wheels? Without the performance pack? If it isn't what is the problem causing the incompatibility?"
Answer: "There is a combination of things that will NOT allow these to work with a Non-PP EcoBoost."

About a week ago, I sent CJ a customer question (electronically) as to whether M-2300-V would fit my non-PP Eco if I had wheel clearance. I pointed out that Ford Performance told me they would fit. I haven't heard back. CJ's website looks good and they have lots of video info. I'll call them direct and pose the question again.

Do you guys have experience with any vendors that you would recommend?

Thanks

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You want my EB+PP pack wheels? Any of the 19" wheels sold by AM, CJ, or LMR as well as the dozen or so wheel dealers on the board fit just fine. You will need the brake lines in addition to the calipers though. It would have to be one wired (very shallow concave) 20" wheel not to fit over the 6-pots.

OP
OP

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for responding.

I haven't settled on wheels yet and wasn't planning on pulling the trigger until late winter. I have my eye on a PP GT convertible, hoping for a mid-winter price drop. I'm real happy with my base Eco convertible, and will do some mods to it if I don't get the GT.

Can you tell me your price and condition? Any tires mounted, TPMS, etc?

Thanks

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for responding.

I haven't settled on wheels yet and wasn't planning on pulling the trigger until late winter. I have my eye on a PP GT convertible, hoping for a mid-winter price drop. I'm real happy with my base Eco convertible, and will do some mods to it if I don't get the GT.

Can you tell me your price and condition? Any tires mounted, TPMS, etc?

Thanks

Dave, I have done exhaustive research on these brakes as I'll be going the same route. You will need the GT or ECO PP brake lines, you'll want to have the larger master cylinder installed, change to DOT 4 brake fluid. As for price CJ has the best price and includes brake pads and Vorshlag has the best price on the booster. I'm going to go to Ford for the brake lines. Front brakes are my March MOD before track days in April.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There was a discussion about the master cylinder but I'm pretty sure the conclusion was that it was a red herring. Unless the base EB/v6 really do have a very different size.

OP
OP

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. The lines for Eco applications come with the Ford Performance kit.

If I recall correctly, it was Vorshlag that identified a problem with front/rear proportioning. I called Ford Performance and asked if there were any issues with proportioning or fluid volume and they said no, that the stock eco master and rears work fine with the M-2300-V (I didn't ask about a booster issue). I've looked at websites for replacement master cylinders to see if different masters are specified for eco, eco PP, GT, and GT PP. CJ Pony, for example, identifies one replacement (rebuilt) master for all of these 2019 Mustangs. Do you know if the different master and booster are recommended for track use, or are they a necessity? I don't intend to track.

I called CJ Pony today to take one final stab at them regarding whether they think the M-2300-V will fit on my 2019 base ecoboost. They said no, and their basis is the high volume of these kits which are returned because the customers say they don't fit. CJ Pony attributes it to the spindles, based on customer feedback.

I'm not sure what to believe.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't intend to track.
then don't sweat it.
I called CJ Pony today to take one final stab at them regarding whether they think the M-2300-V will fit on my 2019 base ecoboost. They said no, and their basis is the high volume of these kits which are returned because the customers say they don't fit. CJ Pony attributes it to the spindles, based on customer feedback.
That reasoning doesn't make sense. If you're not confident taking the plunge, the EB/PP aka base GT brakes work more than well enough for street use.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
then don't sweat it.
That reasoning doesn't make sense. If you're not confident taking the plunge, the EB/PP aka base GT brakes work more than well enough for street use.
The difference going from the stock 2 pot calipers on my '17 V6 to the base GT 4 pot calipers was RIDICULOUS. It didn't hurt I added good pads, but still. Honestly, unless you plan on tracking the car - the extra expense of the 6 pots wouldn't be worth it for me. There's other things I'd do to the car for that price - but that's just me.

OP
OP

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Shogun32 - I recognized that CJ doesn't make sense. They appear to conflict with themselves in their responses. I'm just trying to nail things down so I don't go through a hassle when it's installation time.

Vicr - I was looking at Wilwood. Their website says their 6 pot calipers are compatible with OE masters in regard to fluid volume and anti-lock. Doesn't mention front/rear bias. They spec the same 6 pot caliper for eco and GT, but vary rotor diameter (14" and 15") to fit 18" and 19" wheels. I noted that the the Wilwood total pot area is larger than the Brembo, meaning they likely use more fluid to actuate than Brembo or GT 4 pot. Also, if I did my math right, the GT 4 pot total area is slight larger than the Brembo (GT about 6600 sq mm, Brembo about 6100, and Wilwood about 6900). Just food for thought. Here's some more info in a pretty good brake write up (it's Wilwood centric): https://www.hotrod.com/articles/0601phr-braking-systems/

ctandc72 - I have driven both the Brembo and 4 pot GT and gravitate toward the Brembo based on feel (confidence inspiring during panic braking). I also would like to consider the 4 pot so I can keep my 18" wheels which I really like. I can afford either route (Bembo & wheels or 4 pot and keep my 18"). Whichever I do, I prefer to buy new. When you did your swap, did you run across a good source for new 4 pot parts?

Thanks to all for your help.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Shogun32 - I recognized that CJ doesn't make sense. They appear to conflict with themselves in their responses. I'm just trying to nail things down so I don't go through a hassle when it's installation time.

Vicr - I was looking at Wilwood. Their website says their 6 pot calipers are compatible with OE masters in regard to fluid volume and anti-lock. Doesn't mention front/rear bias. They spec the same 6 pot caliper for eco and GT, but vary rotor diameter (14" and 15") to fit 18" and 19" wheels. I noted that the the Wilwood total pot area is larger than the Brembo, meaning they likely use more fluid to actuate than Brembo or GT 4 pot. Also, if I did my math right, the GT 4 pot total area is slight larger than the Brembo (GT about 6600 sq mm, Brembo about 6100, and Wilwood about 6900). Just food for thought. Here's some more info in a pretty good brake write up (it's Wilwood centric): https://www.hotrod.com/articles/0601phr-braking-systems/

ctandc72 - I have driven both the Brembo and 4 pot GT and gravitate toward the Brembo based on feel (confidence inspiring during panic braking). I also would like to consider the 4 pot so I can keep my 18" wheels which I really like. I can afford either route (Bembo & wheels or 4 pot and keep my 18"). Whichever I do, I prefer to buy new. When you did your swap, did you run across a good source for new 4 pot parts?

Thanks to all for your help.

The 4 pots aren't exotic. You can buy them anywhere now.
I bought new take off calipers and bought my own rotors etc.
Sponsored