2019 GT PP1/A10/MagneRide 5 months later

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My fellow performance enthusiasts, I write today to share my unbridled enthusiasm and praise for the 5.0 Mustang GT!!

I purchased this, my first American muscle car, back in July with a prior 12 year history of driving German vehicles exclusively. I used to foolishly brag about German engineering and refinement and that I would never own a Jap or American car. I have owned multiple tuned GTIs, 335i’s, a 330i and a M235xi. Great cars but none of them compare to my 8 cylinder Mustang with 6 piston brembos, magne ride and the incredible active exhaust in Sport+ and track modes.

If the v8 Mustang only had the exhaust note, I’d still buy it. But it does so much more than that. Magne ride is a revelation in handling combined with 6 piston brakes and limited slip. The factory Michelin 4S tires stick like glue in dry and wet conditions. And the rain/snow app? Wow. It’s not a gimmick. Very effective.

Revving out my Mustang in track mode to 7500 rpms is the single best experience I have ever had in a motor vehicle. My 2009 335i had a Dinan stage 2 tune and dinan stage 1 suspension good for 400 hp. I loved that car until now.

In closing, I feel very lucky in finding my particular model in stock at Sterling Koons Ford. It’s a fast back with cloth seats and the 301A package loaded with all the performance goodies (PP1, magne ride and active exhaust). The outward visibility is excellent in this model. The cloth seats are superb. Comfortable without being restrictive like the Recaro’s (I’m 5’8 and 216 lbs, lifted weights for 25 years). Although the 9 speaker system is not quite as good as the Harmon Kardon in my last BMw M235xi it’s still very impressive and Sync 3 is excellent. The voice control works effectively and Apple car play is the best. I also have keyless access and rear view camera which are new features for me.

This Mustang is my daily driver.

Life is good. God bless.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Nice!!!

I have the same car, but with the MT82. Magneride, Active Exhaust, 301A, PP1, Kona Blue just like yours. And I bought mine from Koons Sterling too.....

I don't even try to explain to people how perfect this car is. Words fail, and they wouldn't believe me.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I agree, I have the same car just with all the fluff like 401a, safe and smart, b&o, extra security. When i saw the show stopper red interior i had to have it, and the digital dash. So mine was special ordered to be exactly what I wanted. This car is so much fun to drive. Mine is a weekend toy and is currently resting in the garage but i cant wait until spring to start playing with her again.

OP
OP

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Nice!!!

I have the same car, but with the MT82. Magneride, Active Exhaust, 301A, PP1, Kona Blue just like yours. And I bought mine from Koons Sterling too.....

I don't even try to explain to people how perfect this car is. Words fail, and they wouldn't believe me.
No doubt. I’m a true believer now! i remember you. You mentioned in another thread how good the new 9 speaker system is vs the system you had in a previous Mustang model. I didn’t agree at first but now I’m convinced. It’s a great factory stereo. I wish I could experience the B&O but no complaints. I got $8 grand off MSRP for my Mustang and $13 grand for my trade in. The monthly payment is low and a 0% interest rate.

OP
OP

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I agree, I have the same car just with all the fluff like 401a, safe and smart, b&o, extra security. When i saw the show stopper red interior i had to have it, and the digital dash. So mine was special ordered to be exactly what I wanted. This car is so much fun to drive. Mine is a weekend toy and is currently resting in the garage but i cant wait until spring to start playing with her again.
I only have space for 2 cars. My wife has her X3 in the other space. I’d love to have the B&O and digital dash. Maybe next time. Enjoy your weekend toy!

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No doubt. I’m a true believer now! i remember you. You mentioned in another thread how good the new 9 speaker system is vs the system you had in a previous Mustang model. I didn’t agree at first but now I’m convinced. It’s a great factory stereo. I wish I could experience the B&O but no complaints. I got $8 grand off MSRP for my Mustang and $13 grand for my trade in. The monthly payment is low and a 0% interest rate.
Yup.....the system is just good enough. Compared to the base sound system, it's a dream.

I got the same $8K off, every penny I expected on my trade in, and 0% financing. Northern Virginia is the cheapest place to buy Fords in the country. Koons Sterling does a lot of sales where they ship the sold vehicles all over the country.

I was chatting with my sales-girl, and she was selling an F-250 to a company, and having it shipped to them in Michigan, just outside of Detroit. They prices are so much cheaper here, that it's cheaper to buy it here and pay to have it shipped back to where it was built!!!

OP
OP

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yup.....the system is just good enough. Compared to the base sound system, it's a dream.

I got the same $8K off, every penny I expected on my trade in, and 0% financing. Northern Virginia is the cheapest place to buy Fords in the country. Koons Sterling does a lot of sales where they ship the sold vehicles all over the country.

I was chatting with my sales-girl, and she was selling an F-250 to a company, and having it shipped to them in Michigan, just outside of Detroit. They prices are so much cheaper here, that it's cheaper to buy it here and pay to have it shipped back to where it was built!!!
lol. Awesome. We live in the land of milk and honey. cheap cars and a ridiculous job market...practically recession proof. I came here 20 years ago with a bulls—t liberal arts degree and I’ve been living high off the hog ever since. No kids helps too. I used to buy a new car every 2 years Now that I’m married it’s every 4 years. It’s been tough holding out 4 years but I’ve learned to adjust. ☺

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I came from 3 previous Corvettes. Just got into a 19 PP1 Mangeride MT82. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
Let's put it this way.......I never thought about putting winter tires on any of my vetted.........within a week of owning my GT, I went out and got a set of winter wheels and tires. I don't want it to sleep through the winter.

OP
OP

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Winter wheels.jpg
I came from 3 previous Corvettes. Just got into a 19 PP1 Mangeride MT82. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
Let's put it this way.......I never thought about putting winter tires on any of my vetted.........within a week of owning my GT, I went out and got a set of winter wheels and tires. I don't want it to sleep through the winter.
That's saying a lot. I'm looking forward to my first winter in a Mustang with this setup. 19" Boss 302's and Pirelli Sottozero II winter performance tires.

wveruner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
202o mustang gt
Had Corvettes all my life drove the mustang and fell in love with 10 speed auto Kona blue love the car as well so comfortable with magnetic ride and pp1

Sponsored

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
we have the exact same spec car, and while I still enjoy the ride I have to say I sorely miss German production quality. The engineering in these cars might be great but the UAW workers lazy, sloppy build quality combined with the dealership experience (I never had to sue BMW to fix things that they broke) means I'll likely never buy another Ford again after this one

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
we have the exact same spec car, and while I still enjoy the ride I have to say I sorely miss German production quality. The engineering in these cars might be great but the UAW workers lazy, sloppy build quality combined with the dealership experience (I never had to sue BMW to fix things that they broke) means I'll likely never buy another Ford again after this one
i own a 18 A10 PP1 / 19 Bullitt and 2020 M340ix the mustangs are fun and build quality is ok the BMW on the other hand is insane and Service treats me like I am a King , they give me better loaner cars than i actually own when and if i need ..i had a thread come loose on seat stiching they gave me a new x4M loaner while waiting for the cushion skins to arrive .,I am actually going to look in the next 2 weeks to trade in the Bullitt for a M2 competition

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
i own a 18 A10 PP1 / 19 Bullitt and 2020 M340ix the mustangs are fun and build quality is ok the BMW on the other hand is insane and Service treats me like I am a King , they give me better loaner cars than i actually own when and if i need ..i had a thread come loose on seat stiching they gave me a new x4M loaner while waiting for the cushion skins to arrive .,I am actually going to look in the next 2 weeks to trade in the Bullitt for a M2 competition
i cant belive the cost of even modding these mustangs they are not even cheap anymore .Shifters 400bucks ..clutches 2k for a decent one or 1400 for a mediocre one ..

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
BMW service always returned my car in perfect condition

EVERY ford dealer service I've been to has managed to damage something in my car, from smashing up the dash to scratching up the plastic on the interior, even with me specifically warning the service manager that I've sued one dealer for damaging my car and to let his staff know not to disrespect my car in any way.

I've had a bunch of issues with the car and with just 6k miles it rattles all over like a 20 year old Nissan

It's been a mind blowing experience in how terrible service can be, and put me off American cars forever. I'm considering trading in for a 2020 m4 when the new model comes out since Ford has been an absolute disgrace

The seat cloth came loose on my car after 50 miles and the dealer "fixed" it and messed up the seat. It still is loose and looks terrible but I just cant take the stress of going back to a Ford dealer and having them damage more things in my car

OP
OP

Haffl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
BMW service always returned my car in perfect condition

EVERY ford dealer service I've been to has managed to damage something in my car, from smashing up the dash to scratching up the plastic on the interior, even with me specifically warning the service manager that I've sued one dealer for damaging my car and to let his staff know not to disrespect my car in any way.

I've had a bunch of issues with the car and with just 6k miles it rattles all over like a 20 year old Nissan

It's been a mind blowing experience in how terrible service can be, and put me off American cars forever. I'm considering trading in for a 2020 m4 when the new model comes out since Ford has been an absolute disgrace

The seat cloth came loose on my car after 50 miles and the dealer "fixed" it and messed up the seat. It still is loose and looks terrible but I just cant take the stress of going back to a Ford dealer and having them damage more things in my car
That sucks. With just over 8,000 miles I've had none of those issues. I had a defective factory rear speaker (301A package) that I noticed early on that was replaced under warranty but that's it.
Sponsored