Sponsored

Ran across TWO super shady dealers in Texas yesterday...

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Nice reply, but where is the lie...
Advertising a car for sale that they do not have in stock or incoming and trying to sell a completely different car. It is the classic bait and switch. An ethical dealership would have pulled the ad down the moment the car is sold. So they are lying and baiting people into calling for the GT500 but trying to sell their leftover gt350 instead.

It is still on their website:
https://www.stanleyfordgilmer.com/new-Gilmer-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ6L5501109
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Popeyes chicken is still advertising chicken sandwiches even after theyre sold out!!! Its a lie! I want the sandwich i saw in the add, not one exactly like it or built to my specs!!

Horrible shady lying thieving car dealers, i mean fast food restaurants!!!

And there is only 1 left and they dare charge more for it!!!??? The audacity!!!
Advertising a car for sale that they do not have in stock or incoming and trying to sell a completely different car. It is the classic bait and switch. An ethical dealership would have pulled the ad down the moment the car is sold. So they are lying and baiting people into calling for the GT500 but trying to sell their leftover gt350 instead.

It is still on their website:
https://www.stanleyfordgilmer.com/new-Gilmer-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ6L5501109
Read my quote please, then show me the lie

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Read my quote please, then show me the lie
The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act ("DTPA") was enacted on May 21, 1973. The full text can be found starting at section 17.41 of the Texas Business and Commerce Code. The primary purpose of the DTPA is to protect consumers against false, misleading, and deceptive business and insurance practices, unconscionable actions, and breaches of warranty. It does so by prohibiting certain acts and practices that tend to deceive and mislead consumers.

Advertising goods or services with intent not to sell them as advertised. This section prohibits advertisers from using misleading advertisements to attract business. Perhaps the oldest technique of this kind is the so-called "bait and switch" -- a seller advertises a certain low-priced item but when a customer tries to buy that item, the seller talks the customer into buying a more expensive item by claiming that the lower-priced item is out of stock or is inferior.

https://www.templelawoffice.com/News-Articles/Texas-Deceptive-Trade-Practices.pdf

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act ("DTPA") was enacted on May 21, 1973. The full text can be found starting at section 17.41 of the Texas Business and Commerce Code. The primary purpose of the DTPA is to protect consumers against false, misleading, and deceptive business and insurance practices, unconscionable actions, and breaches of warranty. It does so by prohibiting certain acts and practices that tend to deceive and mislead consumers.

Advertising goods or services with intent not to sell them as advertised. This section prohibits advertisers from using misleading advertisements to attract business. Perhaps the oldest technique of this kind is the so-called "bait and switch" -- a seller advertises a certain low-priced item but when a customer tries to buy that item, the seller talks the customer into buying a more expensive item by claiming that the lower-priced item is out of stock or is inferior.

https://www.templelawoffice.com/News-Articles/Texas-Deceptive-Trade-Practices.pdf
Did the salesman sell u that car, or attempt to, or immediately tell u that specifc one is no longer available, and say they can sell you one just like it..

Ill.wait

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Did the salesman sell u that car, or attempt to, or immediately tell u that specifc one is no longer available, and say they can sell you one just like it..

Ill.wait
The salesman said that since I am a famous youtuber, he is going to deliver it to my house and Henry Ford III is going to personally go through a walk through of the car with me.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The salesman said that since I am a famous youtuber, he is going to deliver it to my house and Henry Ford III is going to personally go through a walk through of the car with me.
exactly, it went from collusion to quid pro quo to bribery back to QPQ and now abuse of power.

car dealership didnt lie, people just mad at asking prices again.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
exactly, it went from collusion to quid pro quo to bribery back to QPQ and now abuse of power.

car dealership didnt lie, people just mad at asking prices again.
I am pretty sure that people are angry at dealerships advertising GT500s that are either sold/don't have and/or orders they can't possibly fulfill.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They didn’t have an actual car to sell or an allocation.

That makes it a lie.

Unless you have some other definition of a lie.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The salesman told him he could get on the waiting list for the next allocations. I talked to the salesaman and he told me that the caller was quite rude and got all huffy when he couldn't get a car for list. I believe my guy's side of the story without question.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I am pretty sure that people are angry at dealerships advertising GT500s that are either sold/don't have and/or orders they can't possibly fulfill.
They didn’t have an actual car to sell or an allocation.

That makes it a lie.

Unless you have some other definition of a lie.
Thats not what Op said was said..wheres the lie
The salesman told him he could get on the waiting list for the next allocations. I talked to the salesaman and he told me that the caller was quite rude and got all huffy when he couldn't get a car for list. I believe my guy's side of the story without question.
Exactly, they could sell a car

Sponsored
OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
since now you are now questioning my integrity, I’ll give you a blow by blow. I went back and looked at my call log.... 10 minutes total.

I put in an Internet inquiry
Your guy called me within 5 mins
I said I was calling about the base GT500 on their site
He said it wasn’t available
I was disappointed but not surprised and remained polite
He said I could get a different GT500 in January if I paid a $1000 deposit
That seemed fast so I said great, you have another one coming in? He answers, well not exactly, you can order one. I asked, can I really get it by January. He clarified no you order it then. It won’t be here until April. Okay... Struggling to understand, I said great so you have available allocation. He said no the $1000 gets you on my waiting list. He told me there was one person ahead of me and five others who hadn’t paid deposits. Then he started to redirect me back to the car on the website. He told me I could have it if (you?) fell through. He was all over the place. Super hard to follow. I couldn’t tell if he was telling me to bet on the fall thru (on a car they didn’t have but was already sold to you) or the phantom allocation. But it was clear, no car available. No available car coming. No allocation. Looking back it was a phone call filled with half truths. It was like pulling teeth to get a complete answer

What you see above was the majority of the call (aprox 8 minutes). At this point I’m a bit confused. He’s got a customer on the phone from just a few hours away. Current Shelby owner. Clearly I want the Gt500, but I’m quietly unsure what path he’s telling me to take. I’m still not thinking about price because I’m my mind I already know the price... it’s $80k because that’s what it says on cars.com and the dealer website.

After all that he drops this bomb... “You don realize that we sell the car for $10k over, right?” That’s when my heart sank. Not because I’m mad at ADM’s but because I realize the entire phone call was not only confusing but entirely wasted because it was had under a false premise. Not only did I think they had a car (or at least an allocation), but I naively thought the price was already set. That’s why I didn’t ask about price right up front. That plus I was trying hard to navigate the confusing steps he was presenting to me. When he finally offered it, I admit I felt a bit deceived. If the website says $80k why would he think I know it’s $10k over? And knowing it’s not what was advertised (remember he knew which ad I was inquiring about) why would he wait until 8 mins into the call to drop a $10k surprise in my lap. We briefly discussed ADM’s. He even made a reference to this forum (I’m sure he’s reading this... see below). I admitted my own dealer also wanted $10k over but also politely asked why I would drive to Corpus if I can get that same ADM here in Dallas? I’m sure he sensed frustration in my voice at this point. I don’t know who wouldn’t be given the circumstances and the run around I was getting. The call ended at 10 minutes. I didn’t hang up or anything.

A few minutes passed and I got a text from the dealer following up. By now I had heard back from dealer number two (The one who tried to flip me into a GT350) and I was really frustrated. Plus why are they texting me after we just talked? So I told them exactly in that text how I felt (same thing I posted here).

Here’s the thing... I stand by my story 100%. I have no reason to lie. A car dealer has lots of reasons especially when being called out on a public forum. And here’s why I know your boy isn’t a Boy Scout... after our brief text exchange after the phone call, I hit the “STOP” button to unsubscribe. No more messages, great.

then this morning I get this text from a different 361 number (Corpus Christi).

Real classy guy...
CA0AE6A0-E043-42CB-9BF8-E59F94BE93F8.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
ixfe: Bottom line, you didn't do business with this dealership and presumably, continue to search. I certainly wasn't questioning your integrity but I know the man and he's a good shit.

Think we could just leave this one alone? No one in here but myself has and will be doing business with them and I'm quite happy with the service I've received.

Fair enough?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Only an idiot would give a dealer a deposit to be on a list for the "next allocations." You are better off just finding a dealer that has one in incoming or has an unsold allocation.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
ixfe: Bottom line, you didn't do business with this dealership and presumably, continue to search. I certainly wasn't questioning your integrity but I know the man and he's a good shit.

Think we could just leave this one alone? No one in here but myself has and will be doing business with them and I'm quite happy with the service I've received.

Fair enough?
Not true KB. I have access fords next allocation, deal secured with the sales manager 2 months ago. I live in Mi, but could not get one locally. I fully trust this dealer to get my car. They have been nothing but
straight forward with me. I am told they have 5 allocations, the two on cars.com were spoken for when I first called but was able to lock down the 3rd. I think they have two more they are getting people on waiting lists, thats why they keep the ads up.
Sponsored