Sponsored

Ran across TWO super shady dealers in Texas yesterday...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
And none of.you complaining can still point me to a lie.. ill keep waiting
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The for sale ad is a lie. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If you offer to sell something you don't have, or advertise a different than actual price.... how is that NOT lying?
The for sale ad is a lie. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you.
As kilbravo stated, they have the car alloted and going to them,its not actually sold yet.. where in is the lie?

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
"The VIN in question, 0711 is my VIN and that CFTP in the ad is mine"

The dealer is attempting to sell a car that is already sold. KB's post does not support your point here.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If it's not a lie it's certainly shady. But I think it's a lie. Either they are lying that it's for sale or they are hoping to get more money for the car and they lied in their agreement when they promised to sell to KB.

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Let me clarify something. I didn’t mean to suggest the VINS were fake. I probably turned up the contrast too much. Sorry. Words matter. When I said they aren’t real what I meant was they are advertising cars to me (and all y'all) that we can’t have. So in that sense, real or not, they aren’t REALLY available.

Of course then they double down on the lie by posting a price that we can’t achieve.

Listen, I’m not naive. I realize a lot of distasteful stuff goes on in sales, especially car sales, particularly American car sales. But I gotta be honest, I’m surprised there are some of you defending these practices. I question the integrity of anybody who thinks this stuff is a okay.

As for the car, I’m in no rush. I don’t have a YouTube channel and I don’t need to be the first guy with a GT500 at Cars and Coffee (don’t even go to that anyway). Sure, in a moment of weakness I dipped my toe in the cesspool that is GT500 sales. But I love my GT350 so I’m happy to wait out this distasteful game (just like I did on the 350). In the end this car will sell below sticker (just like the 350). Not saying I need that or expect that now. But it’s my view of the situation.

Then again... I’m torn like I bet some here are... why just this morning I found myself wondering, “what’s my price? If not $10k over would I pay $5...???” My guess is many of y’all have had similar thoughts.
0AEFB53D-B414-4569-B01B-EF205830862A.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Then again... I’m torn like I bet some here are... why just this morning I found myself wondering, “what’s my price? If not $10k over would I pay $5...???” My guess is many of y’all have had similar thoughts.
Yup - I paid 5 over in 2015 for my GT350. After my experiences since then I no longer have that strong urge to buy any new car, but especially not for MSRP or greater.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
A lot of dealers uses an outside company to set up their ad's. The company gets a copy of the cars that are on their way and they put them in the AD. You have to remember that the majority of a dealers orders are for cars ordered for stock, very few people special order a car. Unless the dealer notifies the outside vendor that such and such a VIN is a Customer ordered car and not to be included it in the ad, the vendor puts it in the ad. The dealer wants all his stock ordered cars in the ad, so buyers are made aware of pending arrival.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Let me clarify something. I didn’t mean to suggest the VINS were fake. I probably turned up the contrast too much. Sorry. Words matter. When I said they aren’t real what I meant was they are advertising cars to me (and all y'all) that we can’t have. So in that sense, real or not, they aren’t REALLY available.

Of course then they double down on the lie by posting a price that we can’t achieve.

Listen, I’m not naive. I realize a lot of distasteful stuff goes on in sales, especially car sales, particularly American car sales. But I gotta be honest, I’m surprised there are some of you defending these practices. I question the integrity of anybody who thinks this stuff is a okay.

As for the car, I’m in no rush. I don’t have a YouTube channel and I don’t need to be the first guy with a GT500 at Cars and Coffee (don’t even go to that anyway). Sure, in a moment of weakness I dipped my toe in the cesspool that is GT500 sales. But I love my GT350 so I’m happy to wait out this distasteful game (just like I did on the 350). In the end this car will sell below sticker (just like the 350). Not saying I need that or expect that now. But it’s my view of the situation.

Just wait for the hype to die down and all the “gotta have it now” buyers to get their cars. It’s all supply and demand driven and Ford is not limiting this car to a low production number. Just like the GT350 they will make these for many years and there are only so many people out there buying $70-100K+ Mustangs.

Give it 12-18 months tops, especially once GM announces the C8 Z06. I suspect there will be some low mileage GT500’s for sale for way below what they are sell8mg for new. I suspect it will be very similar to GT350 depreciation and supply.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
"The VIN in question, 0711 is my VIN and that CFTP in the ad is mine"

The dealer is attempting to sell a car that is already sold. KB's post does not support your point here.
Ask him if he has a signed sales contract yet.. if no, not lying. Logic

Popeyes chicken is still advertising chicken sandwiches even after theyre sold out!!! Its a lie! I want the sandwich i saw in the add, not one exactly like it or built to my specs!!

Horrible shady lying thieving car dealers, i mean fast food restaurants!!!

And there is only 1 left and they dare charge more for it!!!??? The audacity!!!

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
The dealership tried to get him to give a deposit for a car they admitted to not be able to order. Only an idiot would give a deposit to a dealer to be on a list. That is giving the dealer an interest free loan.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The dealership tried to get him to give a deposit for a car they admitted to not be able to order. Only an idiot would give a deposit to a dealer to be on a list. That is giving the dealer an interest free loan.
Nice reply, but where is the lie...
Sponsored