Sponsored

Running BC Coilovers, thinking of swapping to full Steeda suspension?!

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So i'm currently thinking of swapping my BC coilovers out in the next few months to the Steeda non adjustable shocks and struts with dual rate springs for my 2017 GTPP. That kit, along with new shock mounts as well. Any opinions?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I can put you in contact with one of our build experts to talk through with you the pros & cons if you don't get the feedback you are looking for here - happy to connect you with Rodney!

Please let me know.

TJ

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I can put you in contact with one of our build experts to talk through with you the pros & cons if you don't get the feedback you are looking for here - happy to connect you with Rodney!

Please let me know.

TJ
Thank you!! I've recently ordered alot of IRS components and a few clutch upgrades with the shifter bracket and clutch line. I ordered the IRS alignment bushings, IRS support bushings, diff bushings, and vertical links so far.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So i'm currently thinking of swapping my BC coilovers out in the next few months to the Steeda non adjustable shocks and struts with dual rate springs for my 2017 GTPP. That kit, along with new shock mounts as well. Any opinions?
Switch that to the adjustable. Non-adjustable definitely cannot provide enough control with the dual rate springs.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Dual rate competition springs aren’t for the squeamish, they’re about the highest rates you can run without going full coilover w/helper springs. They need a pretty stout shock to control them. Even the adjustable shocks won’t be ideal (although thats pretty close to what I’m running). Handling is great. Daily ride on urban streets is not.

i’m not saying not to do it, just making sure you’re ok with a little bit of a harsh ride in order to get performance.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Dual rate competition springs aren’t for the squeamish, they’re about the highest rates you can run without going full coilover w/helper springs. They need a pretty stout shock to control them. Even the adjustable shocks won’t be ideal (although thats pretty close to what I’m running). Handling is great. Daily ride on urban streets is not.

i’m not saying not to do it, just making sure you’re ok with a little bit of a harsh ride in order to get performance.
So with my BCs, they are pretty harsh even for a daily driver. So I've learned what I'm getting myself into lol thank you for the insight. If you dont mind me asking what are you running?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So with my BCs, they are pretty harsh even for a daily driver. So I've learned what I'm getting myself into lol thank you for the insight. If you dont mind me asking what are you running?
There are plenty of other options that are better than your BCs that ride well. The dual rate springs are for someone who prioritizes handling over ride.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
There are plenty of other options that are better than your BCs that ride well. The dual rate springs are for someone who prioritizes handling over ride.
Down here in south Texas, back roads and such, I'm choosing handling over ride personally.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Definitely run the Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks with the Steeda Dual rate springs.
I have been running that set up for two years now and it’s great! The roads in the south are much better than the north. I run them at 1/4 to 1/2 turn from full soft for daily street driving!
Steeda Tech

Sponsored
OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Definitely run the Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks with the Steeda Dual rate springs.
I have been running that set up for two years now and it’s great! The roads in the south are much better than the north. I run them at 1/4 to 1/2 turn from full soft for daily street driving!
Steeda Tech
This is good information! Cause I daily mine, with the occasional spirited driving, and looking to swap from my coilovers.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This has to be the first time I've heard of anybody planning to swap from coilovers back to big springs and conventional shocks and struts. I'm fine with anybody doing this, but I'm really curious about why they'd be doing it.

Norm

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
This has to be the first time I've heard of anybody planning to swap back to big springs and conventional shocks and struts from coilovers. I'm fine with doing this, but I'm really curious about why you're doing it.

Norm
Like the adjustment is nice and all, but in all honesty, I'm guessing i cheaped out and got BC coilovers cause everyone said it was the best brand. But yet, all I've had since I put them on is weird alignment issues, clunks(mostly cause I cant find a shop to clock the bushings) and I'm hella paranoid. So idk if i just wanna swap to steeda shocks and struts or slap my stock ones on and just go from there.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have a feeling you're going to want to keep the adjustability. Even if all you use it for is to find settings that you like best and not touch again until you notice the car moving around on its suspension more.

Looks like your reply beat my edit . . .

Norm

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I have a feeling you're going to want to keep the adjustability. Even if all you use it for is to find settings that you like best and not touch again until you notice the car moving around on its suspension more.

Looks like your reply beat my edit . . .

Norm
Maybe so on the beat to your edit.
Sponsored