Sponsored

Slap one on a dyno please - an accurate one!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Im going with no. The demon really is a 9 second car. Witnessed it with my own eyes. I think the GT500 will be just this side of 10s. On drag radials. Judging by trap speeds. Hope I’m wrong. I don’t see that as a loss. The demon is a drag car. And comes from the factory equipped as such.
I can agree with this, it would not be a loss IMHO (but I am still hoping it is faster lol).
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Oh, so apples to apples (similar sneakers) are we thinking Venom really does kill Demons?
The Demon does not leave the factory with the crate parts. You cannot take delivery of a Demon with the crate installed . You cannot even order the crate when you order the car, It is an aftermarket kit as stated by Dodge. So apples to apples is a non crate Demon vs a stock GT500 ... the record for a non-crate Demon is 10.43 so yes I think we will see the GT500 match that time at some point.

Start bolting on skinnies and a race gas ECU and only a Dodge nut licker would consider the car stock.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The Demon does not leave the factory with the crate parts. You cannot take delivery of a Demon with the crate installed . You cannot even order the crate when you order the car, It is an aftermarket kit as stated by Dodge. So apples to apples is a non crate Demon vs a stock GT500 ... the record for a non-crate Demon is 10.43 so yes I think we will see the GT500 match that time at some point.

Start bolting on skinnies and a race gas ECU and only a Dodge nut licker would consider the car stock.
great post.
Dodge explicitly states that the crate is aftermarket. Uses that term even. And not street legal.

add the same type of parts to the 500 and you’re in the 9s.

The demon even used tire glue.

stock for stock, the 500 comes close. Due to its ease of performance extraction and consistency, I’m not sure how much the time improves, but it should hit 10.4. At the least, a stock gt500 is as fast as a stock demon in a straight line - and that’s saying something since the demon was only built to be the fastest car in a straight line.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

I don’t think that was the question. The crate parts weren’t mentioned? The demon comes from the factory with Nitto NtO5R drag radials. Just curious but where did the 10.43 number come from? All nut licking aside.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For me the interesting question is what voodoo magic they did with the MagnaRide to make the car both squad on the drag strip and stay flat on race track as based on video the car act as it should on both occasions. For Power I think the factory number is less than what's real and we will have a video soon on the dyno run by Phenom.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For me the interesting question is what voodoo magic they did with the MagnaRide to make the car both squad on the drag strip and stay flat on race track as based on video the car act as it should on both occasions.
Well, that __is__ the Mageride magic, that the shocks can be independently controlled, adjusted on-the-fly, configured based on driver selected mode, etc. I've got a GT/PP/MR car, and if you toggle it into drag mode, the rear totally softens up, let's squat, turns on the line lock - toggle it to track mode, it's stiff, turn in is more precise (exhaust is way louder, shifts are brutally fast and hard).

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well, that __is__ the Mageride magic, that the shocks can be independently controlled, adjusted on-the-fly, configured based on driver selected mode, etc. I've got a GT/PP/MR car, and if you toggle it into drag mode, the rear totally softens up, let's squat, turns on the line lock - toggle it to track mode, it's stiff, turn in is more precise (exhaust is way louder, shifts are brutally fast and hard).
Yep. Magneride is awesome! I had DCC on my golf R and magneride is multiple levels better. I’ve seen some S550s lift a front tire because the launch rear squat helps so much to get the power down.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yep. Magneride is awesome! I had DCC on my golf R and magneride is multiple levels better. I’ve seen some S550s lift a front tire because the launch rear squat helps so much to get the power down.
You know, I wasn't absolutely requiring it when I was shopping for my current ride, but wow, now that I've had it, I can't go back :D

It's fantastic, around here with the craptacular roads it rides way better than my previous GT/PP, yet it also handles much better, turn in / mid turn control is more precise, more confident - one of my favorite things is how is handles sudden up/down transitions, when I exit the base of our bridge (into town), I used to bounce pretty badly - now it's like PFM, like that huge dip doesn't even exist.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I wasn't absolutely requiring it when I was shopping for my current ride, but wow, now that I've had it, I can't go back :D

It's fantastic, around here with the craptacular roads it rides way better than my previous GT/PP, yet it also handles much better, turn in / mid turn control is more precise, more confident - one of my favorite things is how is handles sudden up/down transitions, when I exit the base of our bridge (into town), I used to bounce pretty badly - now it's like PFM, like that huge dip doesn't even exist.
A Friend of mine had one be we are yet to play with the settings. This sounds exiting if it's in every GT this will be great.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So, about dynos.

I know a lot, but not everything.

Ive seen amd heard that dynoing in a higher gear will result in usually higher hp.

Whats the reasoning behind this.

I ask because ive seen a Predator dyno, and it lines up with the trap.speeds weve seen.

However, someone is claiming theyve seen SP's dyno, and it dynos at 700+, an 8% drivetrain loss they claim.

I called BS, based off dyno amd trap speeds, but later realized it may he due to the gear used, id saybuse 4th, they probably used 5th as its closer to 1-1

While true, The problem i see with that is:
1- dont want to see a C8 debacle repeat
2- the car never sees 5th gear in a 1/4 mi run, so even if it measures 700+ in 5th, using 4th gear 660-680hp, is what the trap speed shows

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'87 Mustang (Sold); '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '19 Ranger
The closer you are to 1:1, the more accurate the HP reading will be. A lot of modern transmissions lack a true 1:1 gear (used to be 4th gear in the old 5-speed days), but every effort should be made to get as close to that as possible for accuracy.

So, about dynos.

I know a lot, but not everything.

Ive seen amd heard that dynoing in a higher gear will result in usually higher hp.

Whats the reasoning behind this.

I ask because ive seen a Predator dyno, and it lines up with the trap.speeds weve seen.

However, someone is claiming theyve seen SP's dyno, and it dynos at 700+, an 8% drivetrain loss they claim.

I called BS, based off dyno amd trap speeds, but later realized it may he due to the gear used, id saybuse 4th, they probably used 5th as its closer to 1-1

While true, The problem i see with that is:
1- dont want to see a C8 debacle repeat
2- the car never sees 5th gear in a 1/4 mi run, so even if it measures 700+ in 5th, using 4th gear 660-680hp, is what the trap speed shows

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I
I don’t think that was the question. The crate parts weren’t mentioned? The demon comes from the factory with Nitto NtO5R drag radials. Just curious but where did the 10.43 number come from? All nut licking aside.
I know exactly what the Demon comes with from the factory. If you can post evidence of a faster time from a non crate Demon I’d be interested in seeing it. Video or slip with some photos would be great. Fastest i’ve seen evidence of is 10.43 and that was presented by the nut lickers on YellowBullet and those guys will search the ends of the earth to find the fastest time for the Demon so I’m taking their word for it.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I
I know exactly what the Demon comes with from the factory. If you can post evidence of a faster time from a non crate Demon I’d be interested in seeing it. Video or slip with some photos would be great. Fastest i’ve seen evidence of is 10.43 and that was presented by the nut lickers on YellowBullet and those guys will search the ends of the earth to find the fastest time for the Demon so I’m taking their word for it.
10.24 on 808 with front skinnies.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

I cannot like this post enough!
Sponsored