Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Well, its Dec 2nd, should we go ahead and call this months winner?
I appreciate the suggestion but I'd like to see what others can come up with!! I have edited my first post to include a story for others so they understand more background and history so this can stay a judgement free thread! :like: (^^^^^^)

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
what I've come to find thus far is that the "winner" is the combination of high end camera equipment (in this case again like last month requiring additional separate chase car "rig" setups) and/or photographs shot & rendered/post processed by paid professionals...
I won the contest in October. I took the shot with my iPhone, and only darkened the background slightly so the car would stand out. I am far from a photo pro, in fact I buy things with other people’s money for a living.

You have hope.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
The problem with this post is the misconception that this photo had to be taken with an expensive camera! This picture could easily be replicated with a Canon Rebel T6i and a wide angle lens. You should google how much that setup costs, but I did it ahead of time specifically for you...it is on sale with 2 lenses for 399 dollars. That's probably less than the full expense you paid for your Pixel 3 phone. The OP actually says in his post that there was minimal editing that he did with lightroom and no photoshop, not that he did a ton of "professional editing!" It is also clear that you don't understand what a "rig" setup is. The OP is not saying that this shot was taken with a rig or that you need one to take this shot. He is specifically responding to a question where someone asked how you could take shots similar to this! In order to take a rolling shot, it takes 3 people to do it regardless of what type or camera or even a cell phone that you have. You need someone driving the car that you are taking a picture of and someone driving another car that you are in the passenger seat while taking the picture! That's not being a professional, it's being smart to not take a picture out of the window while you are also driving. A rig setup is what a lot of professionals use to simulate a rolling shot where they take a picture while rolling the car back and forth and then use photoshop to edit out the rig hanging from their car.

The moral of this story is that you do not need an expensive camera to take a good photo. Pay more attention to composition and/or rule of thirds and your pictures will be great with the Pixel 3 smart phone you already have.

Well, after stumbling across this "photo of the month" thread in October what I've come to find thus far is that the "winner" is the combination of high end camera equipment (in this case again like last month requiring additional separate chase car "rig" setups) and/or photographs shot & rendered/post processed by paid professionals... so yeah we might as well go ahead and call it this month since the same trend continues.

I thought this thread was supposed to be something more 'common man' accessible, you know something like "hey check out this cool pic we took of my daily driver s550 with my cell phone in a cool/unique setting/background" (in my case all Pixel3 smart phone photos, edited with free picture editing software downloaded by my teenager) ... but nope, I was obviously mistaken and I better understand now why most folks on this forum don't bother posting pics of their ride in this thread.

Later dudes!, hang10, surf's up... (Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation)

Sponsored

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
It's been a while since I've logged in on here!
Anyhow, here's my December entry...

upload_2019-12-3_10-0-5.png

This is off an access road alongside the Everglades. This time of the year, I get an unobstructed view of the sunset as I drive home :sun:

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
As the instigator of this competition, I think forum members are privileged to have contributions from people who have developed a strong talent for photography. The effort and time spent to capture and edit the images can be very considerable in some cases.

We are equally lucky to have contributions from people who may not be photography enthusiasts but are keen to tell a story with their images, some of which may have simply come from their cell/mobile phone. One of my photographs was equal third recently, and it was possibly the worst quality image ever submitted to the competition, so anything is possible.

One contributor said to me that they don’t expect to win, but they are having fun anyway. I think that is the perfect spirit to approach the competition with.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As the instigator of this competition, I think forum members are privileged to have contributions from people who have developed a strong talent for photography. The effort and time spent to capture and edit the images can be very considerable in some cases.
I would also be impressed by someone who took the equally considerable effort and time to hack enough other members' accounts and vote for their own (or paying 3rd party) photo in the closing minutes of the competition.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Can we please have one post/thread doesn't break down into a long protracted argument.

I can't take pictures worth a damn, and I barley have time to just drive the car for pleasure, so I don't even attempt to post in here. But I still check here every time there's a new post. Most of the pictures look outstanding. Some are obviously better than others, for a wide range of reasons. I don't care. I just want to see pictures of everyone else's car.

Now can we please get pack to posting pictures of cars and not complaining!

Thank you

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
And lets not forget the real goal here.. to just have fun and share some cool photos with others. Thats how voting works, we collectively choose what we think the best photo is, if that happens to be one shot with a high-end setup and lots of editing so be it.

Besides being a great shot, he has another recipe for success: context. He's carrying a Christmas tree during the December contest. Thats obviously going to grab some votes. And besides, hes not far and away leading right now. Mazman is very close with a great shot in the city.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Last edited:

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I dont care myself if its a pro or amateur photo, I just want to see the best pic. I vote for the one with the tree on top, awesome pic.